Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Shall I get the new Dream Fleet Baron 58??

Guest Debosonic

I have seen a lot of positive feedback about the baron 58 from DF. I was wondering whether it is a good idea to purchase it too, since I already do have the DF Bonanza. Apart from it being a twin, what is there more than the bonanza? Appreciate your comments, those who do have it.

Guest ScottPilot

I would recomend it. I also own the DF A36, and all the reality XP add-ons for the most part. So I decided to buy the light version of the DF Baron. For the price, you can't go wrong.The DF Barron is a nice addition to any virtual hangar.Scott :-)ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in MISGamming System Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card (Set at BASIC acceleration)5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircrafteDimensional Force Feedback HeadsetsSaitek Eclipse KeyboardWindows XP Pro SP2Home Network for using the Instructor StationFS9 Sliders maxed with other settings at their best quality positions.Average FPS: 25

I really like it, much better on the frames than the A36 and it looks and flies beautifully.Not sure about the comparison as I don't have the other beech.I got the light version and put in my avionics I purchased from reality-xp. best 20 bucks Ive spent in a while buying this bird.

I own both A36 and Baron 58 from DreamFleet. They are both very cool in their own ways. I bought the Lite version of the Baron and find it a joy to fly. I like to fly old school IFR (VOR, NDB, waypoint tracking), so I don't need the fancy GPS and electronic HSI systems. I do like how companies team up and provide a quality aircraft with superior gauges like DreamFleet and RealityXP have done. What the Baron has over the A36 is an increase in power with two engines and increase cargo/pax weight. I like this on the longer flights.Overall, the Baron 58 is a 300% improvement over the Microsoft default version, that I could never get started without using the Ctrl+E keys. Face it they don't compare. Being a huge Beechcraft, Piper, and Cessna fan, you cannot go wrong with the general aviation aircraft from DreamFleet.This is my personal announcement, I am in no way affiliated with DreamFleet, nor did I get paid to say these nice things. I am a FS nut that knows what I like. And being a real world pilot I can say the realism gets better and better. :DKevin

I own them both and I'm really sorry I bought the Baron. The Baron has one more engine and a few more knots but other than that there's not much I can see to get excited about.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hey, I'm 'affiliated' with DreamFleet and I'll say without a blink of the eye the Baron 58 is the best $18.95 or $28.95 you'll ever spend on an add-on... :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest JeanLuc_

Kevin,besides the Reality XP Sandel SN3308 and GNS 530XP, worth noting that the Reality XP version of the Baron also features for the first time Reality XP's TrueGauge XP KI256 ADI and KI525 HSI (with KA51 slaving device). These have been written in forums as being more than smooth: they are fluid!Of course, when Flight Line T is released, you will be able to retrofit the Baron 58 Lite with it as well!Hope this helps!

Hi folks, I bought the Baron and there is no doubt it is an excellent bird. Highly detailed and faithful to reality. But even with all the eye candy turned down my fps are low and variable in the VC. If you fly the 2d panels it's not a problem. But I always fly from the VC because I use the TrackIR3 system, so I was a little disappointed not to get better performance. For more info on the BAron, see Andrew Herd's review on the other site.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I own both, as well as the FSD Commander and Aerostar 700, Flight1 172, and the Aeroworx B200. I now alternate between the Baron, the B200, and the 36A for variety and different purposes. Want a long flight at high altitude, lots flight planning, and serious checklist, all the bells and whistles? Use the B200. Want to hand fly (no Autopilot), get going quick, and get somewhere fast, and get goosebumps from a smooth landing? Try the Baron. Up for low and slow to enjoy your BEV scenary? try the Baron or the 36A. All are terrific but very different. The handling of the Baron is just such a treat. I do fly the version without the VC to improve framerates, but I don't miss it. the visibility on 2D is just superb. I think the B200, 36A, and Baron have retired my FSD Commande and Aerostar. I'll miss them but their functions (Fleet single and twin) are now redundant with the combination of the 36A and Baron and these models are simply better and more interesting than the FSD parallels in my view. I was also a bit frustrated by their impatience or indifference of SOME of their representatives in their support forum. The B200 is just a fantastic diversion and has a great associated forum for tips, chat with RW B200 pilots, and support. I keep the 172 to practice student pilot stuff.

Guest SaVas

I have both the A36 and the Baron 58 RXP version and love both of them. Very much worth the cost as the attention to detail is wonderfully done.

Sorry to hear your performance wasn't good. I am getting great frames in the baron compared to their A36 in the VC

There is a MAJOR issue with the Baron and I really don't understand why DF don't fix it.It's about the same problem with all their aircrafts...When you buy one of them (and specially the B58) you CAN'T fly anything else and your poor other planes stay desperately in the hangar !!!Big, big, big problem indeed :-)David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I agree. For me, its hard to go back to airplanes with limited features when I buy Dreamfleets 727, A36, Baron, LDS, PMDG 737 and 747.