Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Shall I get the new Dream Fleet Baron 58??

Guest Debosonic

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys..I downloaded it but still not activated it. I am waiting to see what folks think of the hercules of captain sim. If that is bugless...I will get it, otherwise I am getting the excellent sounding Baron 58...Can't buy them all at once...My wife 'll give me ####.Nice touch on the auto-censoring, AVSIM folks!!. Now, even by mistake, we can't type any old #### on the forums!!!

Guest Debosonic

Well guys, I have today bought the DF Baron 58, after a nice meal and good bottle of wine, purchasing this was always in the back of my mind.I have just done a flight from Seattle to KMFR...and I am suitably impressed.Such a fantastic simulation of a GA twin, with all the RXP Garmin and Sandel gauges...frankly I wonder why other developers even bother when 29 bucks can buy you all of this...And also I can't understand why simmers can possibly overlook this masterpiece . Go get her now!!!!Well done to Dream Fleet!!

Those Garmins and Sandel stuff are the main reason I'm less than thrilled about it actually.Call me oldfashioned, but I like an oldfashioned cockpit with needles and gauges :)Have her somewhere, but not gotten around to installing her yet. Think I'll have to at some point in case we get support questions but those don't seem to happen...

> Well guys, I have today bought the DF Baron 58...You already have it, but I was going to say there is a video of the Dreamfleet Baron on Flight Sim TV (http://www.flightsimtv.com/). The pilot shows startup from cold and dark and then flies a circuit around Bathurst (Australia).John.

Guest JeanLuc_

And for this reason, you will just like the fluid TrueGauge XP Bendix King ADI and HSI instead of the Sandel! (in the Reality XP version of the Baron 58).Hope this helps!

>frankly I wonder why other developers even bother I'm sure this was all said in a moment of exhuberance over your shiny new DF Baron58 which is a masterpiece for sure. But just in case you meant it literally, they bother because they also have good stuff to offer and it's in our interests as simmers for them to continue to bother. :)

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

Guest Debosonic

You got me there, loose canon....!