I was wondering if there are any repaints for this A/C? I find there is just the one in the library.

Wow.  I never would have found that thread.  Why are all the repaints under the screenshot forum?

--WH

Wow.  I never would have found that thread.  Why are all the repaints under the screenshot forum?

--WH

Good point - next time I will put them into Carenado AC500 forum

Rich Sennett

The 'paint kit' for the Shrike is worse than useless - it is very hard to make sense of, has different parts aligned at strange angles, and almost impossible to get patterns of lines to match up.

I cobbled together a paint kit myself to help get alignments working properly and worked out how most of the fuselage/flying surfaces fit together, so now have something reasonable to use, even if not very efficient.

If anyone is interested in a lollipop-coloured experimental livery, I am happy to make it available - thumbnail image here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep5mmbrzyk82qnm/thumbnail.jpg?dl=0

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

The 'paint kit' for the Shrike is worse than useless - it is very hard to make sense of, has different parts aligned at strange angles, and almost impossible to get patterns of lines to match up.

I cobbled together a paint kit myself to help get alignments working properly and worked out how most of the fuselage/flying surfaces fit together, so now have something reasonable to use, even if not very efficient.

If anyone is interested in a lollipop-coloured experimental livery, I am happy to make it available - thumbnail image here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep5mmbrzyk82qnm/thumbnail.jpg?dl=0

Be interested in your kit if you dont mind - I have done this myself but still doesnt help a lot - if you have native psd file that would be great if you dont use PS then an image of it would be nice - thank you

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard

I have not separated layers out for all the features contained in the white blank livery - just put pieces together so I can apply my livery to them and copy them back to the texture files.  This is a jpg of that cobbled kit ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22sgh9x4krt8at7/AeroCommander.jpg?dl=0

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Hi Richard

I have not separated layers out for all the features contained in the white blank livery - just put pieces together so I can apply my livery to them and copy them back to the texture files.  This is a jpg of that cobbled kit ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22sgh9x4krt8at7/AeroCommander.jpg?dl=0

Thank you :) - that's what I did also on another carenado but lines still did not line up but gets you closer will give yours a go for sure

Rich Sennett

I'm having a hard time getting things to line up too, so if you found a way to make life easier, I'd love to know.

Meanwhile, I did two simple paints, based on the default liveries:

jk1097.jpg

jk637.jpg

they can be found here.

• Upvote 1

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

When I was young I was fortunate enough to see Bob Hoover perform.  What an amazing pilot!  When I heard he passed away earlier this week, my first thought was that I had to paint his Shrike Commander for the Carenado 500.  I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month.  Possibly sooner.  The green stripes are not in final colors.  Just there for alignment.  R.I.P. Bob Hoover.

Hoover.jpg

• Upvote 2

When I was young I was fortunate enough to see Bob Hoover perform.  What an amazing pilot!  When I heard he passed away earlier this week, my first thought was that I had to paint his Shrike Commander for the Carenado 500.  I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month.  Possibly sooner.  The green stripes are not in final colors.  Just there for alignment.  R.I.P. Bob Hoover.

Hoover.jpg

Hi Steve, that's a nice gesture and very thoughtful to remember Bob in this way , looking forward to your repaint, no rush as I'm enjoying your do228 repaint at the moment,

many thanks .. bob

When I was young I was fortunate enough to see Bob Hoover perform. What an amazing pilot! When I heard he passed away earlier this week, my first thought was that I had to paint his Shrike Commander for the Carenado 500. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month. Possibly sooner. The green stripes are not in final colors. Just there for alignment. R.I.P. Bob Hoover.

Steve,

Thank you taking on the project. Bob Hoover IMHO was one of the greatest of the great. When I was an airline employee, I used to kind of chase him around the air-show circuit just to see the dead stick fly over and return to landing.

Again, TX for taking on the challenge.

BR Smitty

KGIF

Steve,

I will be downloading your repaint just as soon as it's posted. Can't wait.

R.I.P. Bob Hoover

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

All,

I realized today working on the tail area that my fuselage stripes are not aligned between the left and right side exactly the same.  "Picky me" can't live with it, so that will delay me getting this out a day or two.  Hoping to finish it by next weekend.  Here's a "work in progress" shot.

Hoover_WIP-2.jpg