Looks nice.

You used fine logos :wink:

Cheers

Leen

Leen 

I happened to Watch Steve paint this airplane using shared screen on Skype , I even helped him find some of the Logo's , I Sincerely hope you are not thinking that some of your Work from X plane has been Plagiarized,

Believe me when I say that he is More  than capable of doing his own work ,  People like you really ###### me off , those of us that cant paint Appreciate people like Steve that take the time to paint and to Accuse him of using your

work will probably ensure that we lose another painter willing to upload to Avsim or anywhere Else. Hopefully your ready to pick up the slack.

Cryptic messing goes here hopefully you can decipher  it.

Marty

H

You are drawing conclusions here.
I did not.

I do not (yet) have this version for FSX.
As soon as its available I`ll download and admire it.

Cheers

Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

All,

I realized today working on the tail area that my fuselage stripes are not aligned between the left and right side exactly the same.  "Picky me" can't live with it, so that will delay me getting this out a day or two.  Hoping to finish it by next weekend.  Here's a "work in progress" shot.

Hoover_WIP-2.jpg

That's a very nice work. Hopefully you'll upload somewhere very soon!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

All,

I have uploaded the Bob Hoover paint to Sim-Outhouse.

HooverCommander.jpg

I have uploaded the Bob Hoover paint to Sim-Outhouse.

wow that's some repaint, thank you very much,

bob

Downloaded and installed it today.

Very well done job, a real "must have "livery for all of us who have this plane in their sim.
It might even be a reason to purchase the licence for this great Carenado plane.

Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Thank You Steve!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Absolutely beautiful!. Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A minor glitch, the US flag on the right side of the tail is inverted, but anyway, way an excellent work!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

You have got a sharp eye Ed.

You are absolutely right about the Stars and Stripes being inverted at the right side. (horizontally flipped).
But, is that a glitch? Or a quick drawn conclusion being a glitch itself.

The position of the flag can tell us a lot about painters quality and skills.
A good painter always checks photos from the real aircraft before painting.
AND a real good painter knows placing flags on aircraft can be tricky.

Generally spoken all flags from all aircraft all over the world are placed inverted at the right side of the plane.
In other words: Pole-side of the flag always towards the cockpit, like it is on an imaginairy pole on the flying aircraft.

MIND its is not a rule for all aircraft, there are many exceptions, sometimes due to flag rules and many times by mistake or an inverted flag-sticker being not available.
On USA planes the flag on the right side is always placed with the stars at the cockpit-side ( except when placed wrong by mistake) 

But, no matter what rules say, the only thing wich counts when making a livery is "how is the flag positioned on the real thing".

Nothing wrong with the flags on the Hoover-livery, Steve made no mistake here.

Leen de Jager

PS

Giving comments on an already published paint is only usefull when the painter asks for comments and is willing/planning to make a new version with corrections.
I did not see Pete asking for comments.
If he welcomes comments, he`ll let us know I think.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Giving comments on an already published paint is only usefull when the painter asks for comments and is willing/planning to make a new version with corrections.
I did not see Pete asking for comments.
If he welcomes comments, he`ll let us know I think.

Hi Leen, let's don't exaggerate things here, just was a minor comment. Most importantly, Steve made an excellent repaint as he always do, so let's hear his comments, if any.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I do not exaggerate here at all.
You gave a minor comment about something wich was not something to comment at .( the flags position is OK  ) 

Its quiet normal to react when opinions differ.

I gave a little explanation about flags on planes.To explain what and why, not just saying you are wrong, but explaining why..

Besides that  I gave my opinion about giving comments in general .
Thats my opinion as being a painter myself and my opinion being moderator.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

You gave a minor comment about something wich was not something to comment at .( the flags position is OK )

Hi, just to clarify matters, to post opinions here about any repaint, do we need to ask you first for permission?, or there is a written rule somewhere that states which topics can be commented and cannot be commented?, even if someone's opinion is wrong or not?. With all due respect, I strongly feel you're "over-moderating".

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I think we have a misunderstanding here.

The fact you gave a comment is fine and there is no need to ask anyone for permission to do so.

Over-moderation? Certainly not.I am not moderating this part of AVSIM but I cannot help my name is stated as moderator ( and I think like one)  all the times.

You said the flag is wrong positioned.
Being an experienced painter myself , I reacted on your comment.
So, not the fact you gave a comment was the reason for me to respond.

The fact your observation and conclusion was not correct was the reason.

If I was not a moderator my reaction would have been exactly the same.

When you say the flag is wrong and I say you are mistaken and explain why  you are mistaken.............................then I am doing exactly that what this forum is ment for.
Whenever I publish a paint myself ( it happens quiet some times) feel free to comment with motivation , through the years comments only made my work better.

As I said before nobody has to ask my permission to comment.
The same time everybody is free to comment another comment.

So complaining about me moderating here is not really to the point.

Saying  "Leen you are right, the flag is OK, thats my bad "  would be much more to the point.
Making mistakes is human ( I do on a regular base ) not admitting mistakes is...................(fill in yourself) 

Fact is we are talkig about a very very nice livery-paint.
Let`s  get back to reactions on the paint only.
I`ll focus on that from now.

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints