Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

My video review of Aerofly 2

For early access that does indeed look really good!

I agree, Aerofly FS2 has a lot of potential and just got a positive Steam review from me. It's that photo-based approach without roads cutting through houses, airports cut out of the surrounding etc. giving it a unique appearance, as the video shows. While there is a nice Grand Canyon rendition for FSX (a bit dated, to be fair), it does not come close to the Aerofly FS 2 version, notably with steep surfaces looking infinitely better in Aerofly FS 2.

There's one feature IPACS must add for the full release version in my opinion, and that's some sort of generic 3D buildings, either OSM-based like XP or autogen-based like FSX/P3D. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Will it work with Oculus Rift? I am not simming at the moment at the moment but I am planning my new setup which will be built to suite Oculus RIft. I am moving to a condo and will have a lot less space. So no more dedicated sim room :-(

I would definitely add this to my system along with P3D and XPX if it works with Oculus rift. But not that DTG rubbish ;-)

Those night time shots from Las Vegas provided in your video made me to decide to jump in and support the developers. Also made an account on their forum to give my opinion about the current state and to report bugs as well as give them user information as to where development should focus on.

• Upvote 1

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Will it work with Oculus Rift? I am not simming at the moment at the moment but I am planning my new setup which will be built to suite Oculus RIft. I am moving to a condo and will have a lot less space. So no more dedicated sim room :-(

I would definitely add this to my system along with P3D and XPX if it works with Oculus rift. But not that DTG rubbish ;-)

They have said they are planning for full VR support.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Your video has made sale for AeroFly. Thanks for making it. That sunlight looks really nice (realistically warm and bright)

From what others had said, I was about to avoid the program but this may be just what Im looking for. I hope so. Dovetail doesn't seem to be it.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Will it work with Oculus Rift?

Considering just how good the FPS is (I can get over 120 FPS with everything set to max, sadly my 4K monitor can only go to 60Hz ... probably why I'm having a hard time getting vSync to work), I think this sim is probably one of the few that could actually achieve the necessary FPS for VR units to look their best.

I made a couple of videos here ... but do understand it has a long way to go before I'd call it a "simulator", however this a good start.  The price ($50) is a little steep for some, but my contribution is in hope they can progress Aerofly more.

Some quick videos I made (hope David doesn't mind me adding them to his thread, I don't really review the product, just let it lie):

Cheers, Rob.

Great job on the video review.  Am really looking forward to HD package and future updates to the systems functionality of the aircraft.  I also hope they add dynamic water and autogen buildings.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Autogen (or, preferred, OSM buildings, where available) are on top of my list. Given ground imagery is quite sharp, I can live for some time with the present state, but the release version must have something in that department.

It's mostly the coherent overall experience I find fascinating.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Just saw I'm repeating myself, please bear with me.

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

very good presentation sir!  I loved the scenery detail of the grand canyon. 

If they moved this to DX12 they probably could do some nice tricks with AG building variances from instancing still allowing for very high FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

I am pretty sure there will by no DX12 version. It's developed in parallel for Mac and some mobile devices lacking DXanything.

Kind regards.

Great video, Rob.

May I ask how you managed to solve your Shadowplay problem?

Also, does anybody know if there is a way to control the Hat switch movement for panning? Mine is very jerky.