Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

My video review of Aerofly 2

May I ask how you managed to solve your Shadowplay problem?

I solved it by not use ShadowPlay ... went back to ye-old FRAPS ... heavy on CPU utilization and I had to record at Half size (so 2160p down to 1080p).

As far as I know there is no control for Hat Switch movement speed like there is in P3D/FSX.  However Aerofly does support TrackIR5.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks. I created a profile in nVidia Inspector, but no way to have Shadowplay working within Aerofly.

Well

but do understand it has a long way to go before I'd call it a "simulator",

Far point but I would be inclined to call it the embryo of a simulator! I don't know for sure but it looks to me that ipacs are working on a foundation for an FS that will be 3PD Friendly and in fact 3PD dependent. I have no facts to backup this statement up, just my gut intuition! That's the way I roll! LOL. There is only one question you need to ask yourself when deciding to support a developer in FS as well as many other things. Do you detect or perceive passion? I have found that I perceive and detect passion from, Milviz, PMDG, Majestic, FSDT, HiFi, DD, FlightBeam, Flight 1, ORBX etc. (however, I also detect it waning in some instances). I know its all commercial but without passion you can be sure that the marketing will always promise more than the product will ever deliver. (zeitgeist) Anyway, I digress! The point is that I think that IPACS put a lot into this with the hope that 3PD's would also put a lot into it. As a community it is my opinion that this should be the third path. XPX and P3D being the other two. Lets be discerning where we put our FS Dollars and Euro's etc.

Rob's videos are spectacular! It is great that a high profile simmer like Rob is taking notice and posting positive statements about this sim. I'll add some more too. Lets lobby AVSIM for an Aerofly forum. Frankly, If DTG has one so should Aerofly. They have been in the FS business for years and years! Here is my first video. Posted else where but not getting much notice :-P BTW you can record Aerofly with ShadowPlay. Problem is that the shortcut doesn't work in game, In my case ALT+F9. You need to start the recording before you start the app.

Anyway here is my wrought first Aerofly Video using Shadow Play :-)

I don't know for sure but it looks to me that ipacs are working on a foundation for an FS that will be 3PD Friendly and in fact 3PD dependent. 

IPACS indeed stated several times they are going to embrace addon developers and support them with tools

https://steamcommunity.com/app/434030/discussions/0/357286119109973792/

I hope they will be given a chance in view of the fact a large percentage of addon developers is deeply stuck in the FSX(&CO) paradigm. Perhaps they are better served by developing their own community. There have been a few freeware developers already active since aeroflyFS 1. But Milviz provided them a hand full of planes already.

And btw, that's Frooglesim, just in case you didn't see it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Sk1nbJKjY

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I solved it by not use ShadowPlay ... went back to ye-old FRAPS ... heavy on CPU utilization and I had to record at Half size (so 2160p down to 1080p).

Under suggestion of a poster from another forum, I succedeed by simply ticking "Allow desktop capture". However, keyboards commands are not available in Aerofly while recording with Shadowplay. Sometimes I even get weird data screens when I hit "2" to switch camera. So, make sure to assign all basic commands (flaps, gear, propellers, internal, external views etc.) to your external input source (joystick, Saitek) buttons. 

Maybe you know all this very well, anyway it might be useful for others who may attempt to record with ShadowPlay.

Thanks. I created a profile in nVidia Inspector, but no way to have Shadowplay working within Aerofly.

Shadowplay will work,that's how I made my video, what you do is start your flight,alt-tab to your desktop start recording, then click back into the simulator and it will record,as for the hatswitch. If you set the hatch switch to control the look function as well as the pan function it will make the panning smooth

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If you set the hatch switch to control the look function as well as the pan function it will make the panning smooth
Thanks that's a useful piece of advise. I was wondering about that! :-)

Shadowplay will work,that's how I made my video, what you do is start your flight,alt-tab to your desktop start recording, then click back into the simulator and it will record,as for the hatswitch. If you set the hatch switch to control the look function as well as the pan function it will make the panning smooth

Hi David. As I wrote above, I succeeded by ticking "Allow desktop capture", however keyboards commands are not available anymore during recording.

And yes, thanks for the tip, adding the Hat switch also to Look actually made the pan smoother! :Applause:

Shadowplay will work,that's how I made my video, what you do is start your flight,alt-tab to your desktop start recording

Thanks for the tip, got it working at 4K 60Hz but YouTube is taking forever to "process" the 4K 60p ... file size is large at 7.4GB upload even when heavily compressed.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob (and the others),

are your keyboard's commands working while recording with Shadowplay?

Thanks for this additional video. It is still loading here. Maybe tomorrow I will be watching it at 1080p ... :-)

are your keyboard's commands working while recording with Shadowplay?

No, have to alt + tab out to start/stop ShadowPlay.  Oddly that is not the case with Fraps, keyboard commands do work in game.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: YouTube finally got my 4K 60 Hz processed.

got it working at 4K 60Hz

I some respects that is the best Sim Video I have ever seen :-)

For sure it has a long way to go but it clearly has enormous potential.

I am glad I choose to support this developer.

I think the buildings in AeroFly FS2 look incredible but the program is mostly for high altitude sightseers. Im more often a low altitude sightseer.

My first flight, I was flying in the Cessna and I had climbed a bit and set heading bug and put a destination altitude into the AP and when I turned it on my aircraft immediately dived for the ground.

They need to do some basic systems work to call it a sim.

I am glad I bought it though. Ive paid more for just photoreal scenery that covered less area, had no buildings or trees and wasn't even anything but scenery. This is an entire program with a number of planes and at least two very good looking cities (have not been to LA yet but Id bet it looks as good as LAs Vegas and San Fran).

it is what it is.

I don't think it has a big future though. unfortunately.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Smooooooooth Aerofly2 airplane pron.  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Looks amazing !!!   4k @60 and great fps!

I like the potential of this sim but I hope they most importantly maintain performance with fps for VR !!!

Cheers  :Party: