Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

My video review of Aerofly 2

Smooooooooth Aerofly2 airplane pron.  :lol:

Nice, funny listening to that music I half expected Mick Hucknall to start singing Holding back the years...!

• Upvote 2

How do they make these cockpits look so good? In FSX you get all this shimmering with any straight line...not so in AF2. And no clipping of aircraft!

Best looking sim I've ever seen. DCS looks good but it will barely run on my mid-range machine. AF2 runs very very well!

I do hope there are some options in the future to get rid of the lens flare and things like that and we could use some manuals as well.

How do they make these cockpits look so good? In FSX you get all this shimmering with any straight line...not so in AF2. And no clipping of aircraft!

Best looking sim I've ever seen. DCS looks good but it will barely run on my mid-range machine. AF2 runs very very well!

I do hope there are some options in the future to get rid of the lens flare and things like that and we could use some manuals as well.

Manual thread is here:

http://www.ikarus.net/en/manual-aeroflyfs2/

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490772-aerofly-fs2-instruction-manual/

Getting rid of lens Flare:

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7348-Sun-camera-effect

Go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\texture and move all sb_flareXX_color.ttx except sb_flare00_color.ttx to a backup folder. When you start your Aerofly FS 2 again only the radial flare is left, no ring lens flares.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

At 77, close to 78 years of age, this sim takes me back to the earliest days of swimming in the 70s, where the area covered was regional only. Microsoft gave us the world, crude as the early landscapes were.

Someone says just wait. For 18yrs development, but I don't have that luxury.

Yet the reviews are so good, I will live in parallel worlds.

I shall continue with P3D, and download this new version and hope the add-on builders soon join in. And play with both. At least I am retired.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, DTG should have approached Aerofly dev team ... they would be releasing product right about now (rather than delayed until "maybe" mid to late 2017) and making money.  Taking on LM (who aren't short of funding) and a massive platform like Microsoft's ESP just didn't make any sense to me.  Aerofly is great for those that just wanna fly around and enjoy the scenery ... not much depth but that's fine, it's the perfect "intro" sim which is what DTG were trying to do ... sooooo?

Cheers, Rob.