Sign in to follow this  
vergilmarquardt

Saving flight with with FSX

Hi

I am trying to learn how to fly the J4100  I  am doing the tutorial now,my question is when I get plan into the FMS and I save the flight in also the

flight simulator, or would it be better to save the plan in the FMS, also I have a lot of flickering on cockpit screen,anyone know why this is.

Thanks

Vergil Marquardt

When you save the flight in Flight Simulator, it does not save any J41 panel state or flight plan information. You must save and load the flight plan separately using the FMS. This will only save the route, weight and performance information is forgotten.

As regards flickering:

If you experience a flickering screen or other odd visual artefacts, this is caused by your graphics card not supporting the ice visualization technology utilized in the virtual cockpit.

• Open the PMDG Jetstream 41 Configuration Manager and select Virtual Cockpit Model Options to Medium or Low. Unfortunately, this fix disables visual icing effects from within the virtual cockpit; pilots will need to switch to external views to check for ice accumulation on the airframe.

Quote from http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-%28bae-js4100%29/faq-%28frequently-asked-questions%29-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi

thanks for your  information,I made the change to medium but it still shows on hig

and still flickers, I cannot get it to stay o mediu,goes right baack to high,any ideas

thanks

Vergil Marquardt

On the PMDG J41 control panel, right click "Run As Administrator". This should allow you to set medium and stop the flickering.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi again

I done what you told me to do but still have the flickrering on screen,ca you thnk of anything else I could try, I noI ill have to sen  d a ticket to uport to see if they

can help.

thanks or your help

Vergil Marquardt

That is the only fix I know, sorry; you will need to send PMDG a support ticket.

support1.jpg