Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Rich, you're absolutely right!.

Thanks, Ed

Welcome Ed be careful with this new tool - I have not used it but looks like a lot of stuff to play with so hopefully it doesnt break something 

Rich Sennett

Performance hit?

Recommended settings?

Cheers

Mike?

Mike, there is no perfomance hit. Only if you use extended clouds size (default=0.5).

Recommended settings can't be common for all. It's all about personal preference and also depends on your hardware, addons, etc.

But you can try my settings as a start point: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=39306A3D995B2A25!148050&authkey=!AJQEjPjuvGMJKOs&ithint=file%2cini

(I use ORBX, Navid Hashemi's sky textures v.3)

Best Tweaker!

h_1464116597_2367600_4feaad7864.jpeg

great screenshot, Enzzo!

Welcome Ed be careful with this new tool - I have not used it but looks like a lot of stuff to play with so hopefully it doesnt break something 

Yes, correct. A lot of settings to play with!. Backups, always backups!

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just a question, when you say you went into REX, do you mean going to REX installation folder and looked for the Backup folder?, or did you use the UI?.

Just the UI & restore to default size .50

Just the UI & restore to default size .50

Ok, thanks.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks for this great tool. Are there any readers up to making an instructional video to relay settings to visual depictions.

Tried it last night with only very minor adjustments, resulting in blured ground textures and screen tearing which could not be removed either with  Vsync & filtering on or off. I guess that for people like me who don't know/understand much about all the settings it will involve messing around until hopefully it hits the right spot. Much prefer the previous shader package which was simpler and worked better for me. 

resulting in blured ground textures and screen tearing which could not be removed either with Vsync & filtering on or off

I have the same system as yours and have used both RSP as well as PTA. Neither of the two affected ground texture sharpness so the source of blurry textures on your end are most likely caused by something else.

Mike, there is no perfomance hit. Only if you use extended clouds size (default=0.5).

Recommended settings can't be common for all. It's all about personal preference and also depends on your hardware, addons, etc.

But you can try my settings as a start point: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=39306A3D995B2A25!148050&authkey=!AJQEjPjuvGMJKOs&ithint=file%2cini

(I use ORBX, Navid Hashemi's sky textures v.3)

great screenshot, Enzzo!

Amazing

Going to hive it a try this evening

Thanks

I tried this yesterday, and despite the greater range of options I was unable to get the look I have with RSP for some reason. I could not seem to get the same shadow depth despite maxing out those options. Also using the Turn off Adaption tick box seemed to make adaption stronger, with the ground washing-out when looking down, which is odd.

For now I've gone back to my RSP and custom back-ups, but may give this another go if another version pops up.

Tried it last night with only very minor adjustments, resulting in blured ground textures and screen tearing which could not be removed either with  Vsync & filtering on or off. I guess that for people like me who don't know/understand much about all the settings it will involve messing around until hopefully it hits the right spot. Much prefer the previous shader package which was simpler and worked better for me. 

Actually, RSP do the same things that PTA do, just last one give more customising options. No blured ground textures and screen tearing issues were reported still.  Thanks for your feedback, Joaqun! 

I tried this yesterday, and despite the greater range of options I was unable to get the look I have with RSP for some reason. I could not seem to get the same shadow depth despite maxing out those options. Also using the Turn off Adaption tick box seemed to make adaption stronger, with the ground washing-out when looking down, which is odd.

For now I've gone back to my RSP and custom back-ups, but may give this another go if another version pops up.

Novation, as I said, RSP use the same tweaks fo lighting (shadows and terrain). Perhaps, some other tweaks were used. If you tell what settings in RSP you prefer, I can send you ready preset that will do EXACT the same modifications like RSP.

Thanks a lot for you notes about HDR adaptaton tweak. Will see what may be a problem

Novation, as I said, RSP use the same tweaks fo lighting (shadows and terrain). Perhaps, some other tweaks were used. If you tell what settings in RSP you prefer, I can send you ready preset that will do EXACT the same modifications like RSP.

Thanks a lot for you notes about HDR adaptaton tweak. Will see what may be a problem

I did start with a clean default SHADERS HLSL, so from an untweaked state. Do your sliders take shadow depth as far as RSP? it just seemed a lot less contrasty. I'll have another play later. I do like the additional water controls, and if you fix the adaption that would be great.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.