Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

But tweaking core shaders already edited manually is dangerous I think.

Fair point Yuri. It would certainly be good to have an a function to allow seperate control, for those who know what they are doing (or reckless) :wink:

ERROR: shader file F:\PREPAR3D\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

I've just encountered this problem.  How can I restore an original General .fx file.  I don't seem to have saved a copy of that particular file.

ERROR: shader file F:\PREPAR3D\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

I've just encountered this problem.  How can I restore an original General .fx file.  I don't seem to have saved a copy of that particular file.

Erich, it seems to be your file was tweaked already. What version of P3D?

Upd: sent to PM

• Upvote 1

Can anyone comment on how the night luminosity affects orbx night lighting

Applying preset C:\Users\capts\Desktop\default.ini...

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\capts\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found.

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\capts\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh not found.

Any Ideas?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\capts\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found.
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\capts\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh not found.

Any Ideas?

Those two files have been edited at some point in the past and are not in default state. If you have a backup of your ShadersHLSL folder, replace those two files and this problem will be rectified. If you don't, I'm not sure what to tell you. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Any Ideas?

"Run As Administrator"?

Is there any way to recover my original cloud.fx file? the app says mine is not original but I do not remember modifying mine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Robin

Is there any way to recover my original cloud.fx file? the app says mine is not original but I do not remember modifying mine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dropbox link here this should help you out

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-realismshaderpack-v11/page-34#entry3427537

Rich Sennett

I am lost, totally lost. I have downloaded those original files, put them in the correct places but still I can´t get this tool to work. What point I am missing here...?? Does HDR has to be on in the sim? I run the tool as administrator.

Tapani Österberg

I am lost, totally lost.

Where are you running the tool from? I did have some problems to start with, until I moved it to the same drive my sim is on, and then it worked. This is with Win10 which I'm still getting to grips with, so I'm not sure if that had any bearing.

Erich, it seems to be your file was tweaked already. What version of P3D?

Upd: sent to PM

Hi Yuri:

Could you pls confirm that the files being modified by PTA are the following: cloud.fx, general.fx, GPUTerrain.fx and HDR.hlsl?. Are there any others?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.