Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Sort of fixed it by restoring REX files. but now this. 

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh not found.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi Yuri:

Could you pls confirm that the files being modified by PTA are the following: cloud.fx, general.fx, GPUTerrain.fx and HDR.hlsl?. Are there any others?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Hi, Ed!

PTA may modify core shaders: cloud.fx, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh, /PostProcess/FXAAResolve.hlsl, /PostProcess/HDR.hlsl. These files backup to \SHADERS_BACKUP subdir in main PTA directory at first start. However, if some of this shaders were not original, that shaders not backup and will be completely ignored: appropriate tweaks will not work and no changes in non-original shaders. (ERROR msgs in a log).

Also PTA can modify main config file Prepar3D.cfg and global cameras config file cameras cfg. They backup at first start of PTA to \CONFIG_BACKUP subdir in main PTA dir.

Sort of fixed it by restoring REX files. but now this. 

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh not found.

it seems wrong setup.

Please, try it from scratch:

1.Delete your PTA setup completely.

2.Make sure that you have original shaders in your sim.

3.Download the appropriate version of PTA  from the site (3.1 or 3.2).

4.Unzip distribution archive in separate directory that not requires administrative privilegies.

5.Start PTA.

At first start PTA should automatically detect directories of installed sim.

If you have all original shaders at first log and settings will look like:

FirstStart_2655048_22108797.jpg

I restored the original shaders from the dropbox link posted previously, does anyone have an original GPUTerrain.fxh? Because at this point I have no idea if one of my programs edited it. 

it seems wrong setup.
Please, try it from scratch:
1.Delete your PTA setup completely.
2.Make sure that you have original shaders in your sim.
3.Download the appropriate version of PTA  from the site (3.1 or 3.2).
4.Unzip distribution archive in separate directory that not requires administrative privilegies.
5.Start PTA.
At first start PTA should automatically detect directories of installed sim.
If you have all original shaders at first log and settings will look like:

FirstStart_2655048_22108797.jpg

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I restored the original shaders from the dropbox link posted previously, does anyone have an original GPUTerrain.fxh? Because at this point I have no idea if one of my programs edited it. 

The original has a Date Modified: 12/16/2015

23.png

Excellent tool. It is working well for me. Thank you!

Thank you, Tateep!

See PM, pls

In case this helps anyone--

I was originally using the Realism Shader Pack v1.1 (very nice tool) and likely goofed things up when I gave this PTA tool a try. Had some errors. I just ran the P3D "repair" tool and everything was back to stock. Then tweaked it with PTA and it looks gorgeous. Pics to follow later.

No luck here, my PTA keeps telling me that my cloud.fx is not original. I have downloaded it from the previous post here. What is P3D repair tool?

Tapani Österberg

No luck here, my PTA keeps telling me that my cloud.fx is not original. I have downloaded it from the previous post here. What is P3D repair tool?

That was my same exact error. Just start the P3D installer (setup.exe) and it will basically say "P3D is already installed, would you like to repair it?" There will be a "repair" button. It replaces missing or modified files, but doesn't change settings or add-ons.

• Upvote 1

So do you have to run the setup.exe from the P3D directory?

Tapani Österberg

So do you have to run the setup.exe from the P3D directory?

You run the exe from your original download from LM

Rich Sennett

Hi,

Would it not be easier for everyone if we were given the option to restore the original ShaderHLSL files in the GUI before doing anything else in PTA? The problems encountered with previously edited files are all too evident. Yuri can't rely on users having the foresight to create backups and, unfortunately, these backups may well have been modified already and so negate the usefulness of this step. Giving the user the opportunity to restore all the clean unmodified files at the outset and, indeed, any time PTA is active would be a very helpful addition.

File sharing may be happening already to help those who have fallen into the trap. If there are problems with this then perhaps Yuri should seek clarification/permission from LM. This does seem to be a unique situation in that there are several products currently capable of modifying shader files and, as we are now seeing, there are potential if not real issues when combining or switching from using one product to another. Running a P3D 'Repair' operation can be a solution, if it works, but then other mods are likely to be affected making the climb back to the previous state somewhat frustrating if not tedious.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

Hi,

Would it not be easier for everyone if we were given the option to restore the original ShaderHLSL files in the GUI before doing anything else in PTA? The problems encountered with previously edited files are all too evident. Yuri can't rely on users having the foresight to create backups and, unfortunately, these backups may well have been modified already and so negate the usefulness of this step. Giving the user the opportunity to restore all the clean unmodified files at the outset and, indeed, any time PTA is active would be a very helpful addition.

File sharing may be happening already to help those who have fallen into the trap. If there are problems with this then perhaps Yuri should seek clarification from LM. This does seem to be a unique situation in that there are several products currently capable of modifying shader files and, as we are now seeing, there are potential if not real issues when combining or switching from using one product to another. Running a 'Repair' operation can be a solution, if it works, but then other mods are likely to be affected making the climb back to the previous state somewhat frustrating if not tedious.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

Amen to that Mike, it has been a bitter all day struggle with this one...

Tapani Österberg

Okay, i´m just about to give up with this one. One question still: in which state the installer is asking whether I like to repair my P3D? When I start the installer, it just starts to install the sim, no questions asked. Then I just cancel the installation process. Anyway, i´m very happy with original RSP and can fly with that so no worries :)

Tapani Österberg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.