Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Actually, this feature is described on site and also in Help - Contents in section
1. Work with Prepar3D core shaders tweaks
Keep in mind that after clearing shaders cache Prepar3D needs extra time to form the scene (shaders recompilation).

:smile:

• Upvote 1

Hey Knossos, I was asking myself, if could be possible to have some kind of option to avoid the clouds rendered with AA...like the dx10 tool done in fsx.

BTW I'm using your tool with great satisfaction!

Great job...really!

cheers

Hey Knossos, I was asking myself, if could be possible to have some kind of option to avoid the clouds rendered with AA...like the dx10 tool done in fsx.

BTW I'm using your tool with great satisfaction!

Great job...really!

cheers

Thank you, Pablo!

No ideas about AA with clouds. Perhaps, we get wonderful surprises in 3.3 ...

• Upvote 1

3.3 is out, I guess Tweak Assistant will need a big update to support any updated shaders... Cloud shaders will have been updated to support the new CLOUD_FACING_MODE.

Wills

the new CLOUD_FACING_MODE.

What exactly is this?

What exactly is this?

Cloud Facing Modes

The cloud facing mode setting changes the behaviour of how the clouds face. The valid values for this setting are 0 and 1.

• Mode 0: Camera facing far away, screen facing up close.
  • Mode 1: Always camera facing.

from here: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/settings/world/weather_settings.html

KNOSSOS, on 02 Jun 2016 - 2:54 PM, said:

Cloud Facing Modes

The cloud facing mode setting changes the behaviour of how the clouds face. The valid values for this setting are 0 and 1.

Mode 0: Camera facing far away, screen facing up close.

Mode 1: Always camera facing.

Thanks Yuri.

I still don't know what the difference is between Modes 0 and 1.

In practical terms, what;s different? Is this about eliminating 'rotating clouds'. I don't think I've seen them in quite a while. I use ASN.

However, probably the wrong thread for my question. Love your work on PTA

Thanks Yuri.

I still don't know what the difference is between Modes 0 and 1.

In practical terms, what;s different? Is this about eliminating 'rotating clouds'. I don't think I've seen them in quite a while. I use ASN.

However, probably the wrong thread for my question. Love your work on PTA

Thanks, Erich! Actually I did'n find difference yet, clouds rotating with 0 and 1, of course it needs more testing with different cameras and distances. 

I'm sure many have already noticed this, and a note from Yuri himself may very well be on the way, however I noticed that it appears that PTA has been updated and is now compatible with v3.3.

http://1coder.ru/PTA/releases.html

I'm sure many have already noticed this, and a note from Yuri himself may very well be on the way, however I noticed that it appears that PTA has been updated and is now compatible with v3.3.

http://1coder.ru/PTA/releases.html

Yes, thanks a lot, vertigho, for notice.

release notes for PTA 1.1 for Prepar3D v.3.3:

- Clouds tweak "Disable volumizing calculations" deleted. It becomes obsolete in P3D 3.3.

- Tweak "Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect" modified.

Some important notes:

1.As usual, make sure that you have original shaders in P3D 3.3 (also highly recommended to make a backup of you original shaders).

2.PTA for Prepar3D 3.3 may work correctly ONLY with Prepar3D ver.3.3. You can't continue using old version of PTA with new version of sim.

Please DO NOT use command "Restore original P3D shaders" from previous version of PTA if you have already updated sim. Just delete old version of PTA and install new one.

However, all presets (*.ini files) from versions 1.0, 1.1 for P3D 3.1, 3.2 are compatible with PTA for 3.3.

So, if you need them, please keep in safe place, make clean installation of PTA and return presets in new version.

• Upvote 1

Yes, thanks a lot, vertigho, for notice.

release notes for PTA 1.1 for Prepar3D v.3.3:

- Clouds tweak "Disable volumizing calculations" deleted. It becomes obsolete in P3D 3.3.

- Tweak "Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect" modified.

Some important notes:

1.As usual, make sure that you have original shaders in P3D 3.3 (also highly recommended to make a backup of you original shaders).

2.PTA for Prepar3D 3.3 may work correctly ONLY with Prepar3D ver.3.3. You can't continue using old version of PTA with new version of sim.

Please DO NOT use command "Restore original P3D shaders" from previous version of PTA if you have already updated sim. Just delete old version of PTA and install new one.

However, all presets (*.ini files) from versions 1.0, 1.1 for P3D 3.1, 3.2 are compatible with PTA for 3.3.

So, if you need them, please keep in safe place, make clean installation of PTA and return presets in new version.

Excellent piece of software and top notch support for free. Donation sent my friend!

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Excellent piece of software and top notch support for free. Donation sent my friend!

I am very grateful to you, Luis!

I had a RSP set-up on 3.2 that I liked, but now that I've upgraded to 3.3 I figured I'd give this package a try.   Does anyone know what the equivalent values for shadow/terrain brightness are for the various "presets" in RSP so I can get back to a similar starting point?

(I could diff the shader files myself to see how the presets match up, but that'd mean pulling older copies out of backup because I didn't think about copying them out before my upgrade...)

I had a RSP set-up on 3.2 that I liked, but now that I've upgraded to 3.3 I figured I'd give this package a try.   Does anyone know what the equivalent values for shadow/terrain brightness are for the various "presets" in RSP so I can get back to a similar starting point?

(I could diff the shader files myself to see how the presets match up, but that'd mean pulling older copies out of backup because I didn't think about copying them out before my upgrade...)

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity:Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4

I think so.

• Upvote 3

Guest tymk

Hi Yuri,

I just wanted to thank you for this excellent tool, especially for the ability to disable adaptation, which makes dark cockpits/panels usable again with HDR on. :smile:

Cheers,

Tym

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.