Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity:Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4

I think so.

Thanks have to give this a go  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the bloom intensity when in the VC using this tool? Anyone have some good settings? I want to reduce the bloom effect when looking from inside the cockpit to outside of the window. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Is there any way I could apply only HDR tweaks, without all other tweaks? I've tried applying preset, or core shader tweaks, and every shader file is overwritten (GPUTerrain, General and Clouds), replacing my RSP tweaks. I've unchecked all tweaks in PTA tool, except HDR adaptation effect and contrast.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi Yuri,

I just wanted to thank you for this excellent tool, especially for the ability to disable adaptation, which makes dark cockpits/panels usable again with HDR on. :smile:

Cheers,

Tym

Thanks, Tym! What version of P3D are you using? Users noted some issues with this tweak for 3.1, 3.2 so I change it in 3.3.

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the bloom intensity when in the VC using this tool? Anyone have some good settings? I want to reduce the bloom effect when looking from inside the cockpit to outside of the window. 

May not help you, but I've been running bloom at 10% and it really doesn't help much to run it lower.

So what I found out just a bit ago, was that apparently I had a mental block when it came to lowering the Brightness setting. It was setting at 1.20. I lowered it to low 80's and the clouds settle down nicely.

Have you tried that?

I do use the tool with authors supplied setting suggestions.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Is there any way I could apply only HDR tweaks, without all other tweaks? I've tried applying preset, or core shader tweaks, and every shader file is overwritten (GPUTerrain, General and Clouds), replacing my RSP tweaks. I've unchecked all tweaks in PTA tool, except HDR adaptation effect and contrast.

No. Uncheked=default, checked=tweaked.

/For advanced users manual shaders editing on their own risk/

Or you can tell me RSP settings you need and I'll find equivalent in PTA.

Cheers,

Heh. I've been a total noob at ReShade, and that's because I've shyed away from it due to it giving me serious FPS hits, even though it only injected itself and no postprocessing shaders have been selected. But man, I love this tweaking program, since my favorite postprocessing shaders give virtually no FPS hit now, and I can tweak FXAA to give decent anti-aliasing while potentially reducing the small FPS hit, but since I'm a total noob and haven't changed the values on the shaders, this is what I got.

c3ab118e45.png

This is in an A2A C172 sitting on the ground at 09:52 hours. I have Curves, Lift Gamma Gain, Technicolor, Vibrance and Luma Sharpen enabled, and all are on default values. Guess I have to keep closing P3D and tweaking on a long trial-and-error journey.

... Or going onto Reshade's website, grabbing a P3D preset and adjusting values from there :D

EDIT: Okay, it seems like the PTA's custom shader settings have extreme multiplications compared to ReShade, and I cannot get the right settings.

Heh. I've been a total noob at ReShade, and that's because I've shyed away from it due to it giving me serious FPS hits, even though it only injected itself and no postprocessing shaders have been selected. But man, I love this tweaking program, since my favorite postprocessing shaders give virtually no FPS hit now, and I can tweak FXAA to give decent anti-aliasing while potentially reducing the small FPS hit, but since I'm a total noob and haven't changed the values on the shaders, this is what I got.

This is in an A2A C172 sitting on the ground at 09:52 hours. I have Curves, Lift Gamma Gain, Technicolor, Vibrance and Luma Sharpen enabled, and all are on default values. Guess I have to keep closing P3D and tweaking on a long trial-and-error journey.

... Or going onto Reshade's website, grabbing a P3D preset and adjusting values from there :D

EDIT: Okay, it seems like the PTA's custom shader settings have extreme multiplications compared to ReShade, and I cannot get the right settings.

it seems pilot's sunglasses very dark and need some tweaks... :lol:

Default parameters for custom shaders in PTA equal default (initial) parameters for SweetFX shaders in Reshade version 1.1.0f1. Not sort of best values or so. Some of them are far from ideal.

Also I think enable Curves, Lift Gamma Gain, Technicolor, Vibrance and Luma Sharpen at the same time will be difficult to balance.

What values best for you - it's all about personal preference.

Perhaps most efficient way is use Reshade to adjust params on-the-fly, without sim restarting, and then use that params in PTA and get rid of Reshade?

If same values for shader in Reshade and PTA make diferent result - feedback much appreciated!

If same values for shader in Reshade and PTA make diferent result - feedback much appreciated!

Pretty much. I've been turning each one on, then running P3D, and it looks to me like the Vibrance shader is the one that gives extreme settings in PTA while the ones in Reshade are just right - I've been taking values off of presets from the ReShade website and they seem to give exaggerated results when entered into PTA...

I'll keep balancing it out until I get it right... One value at a time.

I guess I do need to fix my sunglasses - they're making things too dark  :lol:

BTW, you don't mind if I request to add another shader: Cineon DPX (or DPX in Reshade), in your next release?

Pretty much. I've been turning each one on, then running P3D, and it looks to me like the Vibrance shader is the one that gives extreme settings in PTA while the ones in Reshade are just right - I've been taking values off of presets from the ReShade website and they seem to give exaggerated results when entered into PTA...

I'll keep balancing it out until I get it right... One value at a time.

I guess I do need to fix my sunglasses - they're making things too dark  :lol:

BTW, you don't mind if I request to add another shader: Cineon DPX (or DPX in Reshade), in your next release?

Thanks for response, could you please send me Reshade preset with required parameters?

Yes, I think there is no problem to adapt Cineon DPX in next release.

Thanks for response, could you please send me Reshade preset with required parameters?

Yes, I think there is no problem to adapt Cineon DPX in next release.

I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. What do you exactly mean there (in bold)?

Guest tymk

Thanks, Tym! What version of P3D are you using? Users noted some issues with this tweak for 3.1, 3.2 so I change it in 3.3.

Hi,

I've only tested it in 3.3, and it works perfectly. By eliminating the overexposure problem, I can crank HDR brightness to 1.4 (1.5 starts to make clouds overexposed, but I use a rather bright sky theme). This finally gives me perfect, realistic terrain/autogen brightness on a sunny day, and the nights are still very dark. The only thing I'd suggest is to increase the upper limit of the "Boost urban areas luminosity at night" (the default max value is extreme for default night textures, but those from Orbx are much darker, and need an even greater boost when adaptation is disabled).

Thanks again,

Tym

I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. What do you exactly mean there (in bold)?

I mean if you have ready Reshade config that you prefer, it would be interesting to make a comparison.

I have tested custom shaders in PTA and made sort of comparison. So I found only little inaccuracy in PTA default parameters values:

- Curves - default parameter Curves_contrast = 0.65 in vanilla Reshade, =1.00 in PTA

- Vibrance - def. parameter Vibrance=0.20 in vanilla Reshade, =-0.12 in PTA

- LumaSharpen - def.par. Pattern=2 in vanilla Reshade, =4 in PTA.

But it's not a bug, it's only default values that could be adjusted, indeed.

Also I found that custom shaders in PTA adapted from Reshade make slighly brighter picture, but effects work properly.

Here are screenshots (HUGE PNG in 4K!) of comparison: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=39306A3D995B2A25!149068&authkey=!AAyQvzChDThjGc4&ithint=folder%2cpng

files with "_r" - reshade generated scene, without "_r" - PTA generated scene.

(Tested on default Reshade parameters, ReShade version 1.1.0f1)

Thank you for help. I will correct default parameters and add Cineon DPX custom shader in next release.

Hi,

I've only tested it in 3.3, and it works perfectly. By eliminating the overexposure problem, I can crank HDR brightness to 1.4 (1.5 starts to make clouds overexposed, but I use a rather bright sky theme). This finally gives me perfect, realistic terrain/autogen brightness on a sunny day, and the nights are still very dark. The only thing I'd suggest is to increase the upper limit of the "Boost urban areas luminosity at night" (the default max value is extreme for default night textures, but those from Orbx are much darker, and need an even greater boost when adaptation is disabled).

Thanks again,

Tym

Well, then I will make HDR adaptation tweak for 3.1 3.2 the same.

As for boosting night lights in ORBX, one mate from avsim.ru noted, that also when tesselation is on night lighting takes a red tint that looks not so good compare when tesselation is off. Especially noticeable on the default textures.

Maybe next version of this tweak will include that adjustment with boosting.

Ex.:

Only boosted to 7.0 (max), ORBX

boostedpng_5011439_22209637.png

Desaturated and slightly boosted, ORBX

desturated_5218687_22209644.png

Well, 

Hi loaded down 3.3 version but it wont run on windows 10   ----------   3.2 did ? 

I will download again see if it works 

Yup bad download - all set now  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.