Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

One of the great things about PTA (that you don't get with Reshade) is the ability to set effects on a *per camera* basis. That means I could lighten up the VC (which can sometimes be overly dark

Thanks for sharing your preset Adam, Been trying to get the vc a little lighter in the AC 500s, using ezdok. which shader and values do I use.

bob

I'm going to add a couple of tweaks for clouds in next release,

Firrt off.. Thank you Yuri for this amazing tool. I have not tweeked anything.. I can't get past the atmospherics. Love it. :)

I have a Q. I was using SweetFX prior to your tool. I had not removed that prior to running your tool. PTA.

My Question.. Should I remove the SweetFX or do I leave that alone?  How do I merge the two? Do I need to do that even? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Adam and Vertigho mind sharing your PTA settings?

Montie, unfortunately I will be out of town (and therefore away from my PC) until Wednesday evening. I will post my settings when I return. 

Should I remove the SweetFX or do I leave that alone?  How do I merge the two? Do I need to do that even? 

Manny, you can continue using SweetFX with PTA. No restrictions to use them together.

Hi,

What about the use of PTA and DSR ?

regards Kalle

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Guys, are the default settings I see when opening PTA the same as what I have at that time in my untouched P3D ?

I would like to have a Default P3D ini..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What about the use of PTA and DSR ?

I would guess PTA is totally independent of DSR. I use DSR 4x quite happily with PTA - and get the usual higher resolution (combined with whatever softening/sharpening setting you use). It's a good combination, but I only go ito it it to take screenshots - otherwise I stay in non-DSR (windowed) mode for better frame rates.

Adam.

BTW, folks, I started a new thread (so as not to clutter this thread) - for posting screenshots+settings - here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I have a question for you, Yuri!

A user on the ORBX forums asked about the awful volumetric fog banding that sometimes occurs in P3D. I used to see this from time to time - and could usually get rid of it by changing something in OPUS Live Weather that would force a shader rebuild and the hard line would go away for a while.

Since experimenting with PTA - under all sorts of weather conditions - I've not seen this banding re-occur. My guess is that the distant haze tweak has somehow improved things. Is it possible that your shader tweak has killed this unfortunate P3D effect? Or is it just a coincidence?

Adam.

Hi, Adam!

Terrain haze tweak (left one on page "Terrain") affects only color of the fog, not geometry. I think it's just a coincidence. Hard lines exist just above/below upper/lower visibility layers and caused by the fog calculation algorithm.

To restore original shader files, Can we not install P3D in another PC temporarily (laptop) but not activate the sim. But get the shaders from this new install ?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Terrain haze tweak (left one on page "Terrain") affects only color of the fog, not geometry. I think it's just a coincidence. Hard lines exist just above/below upper/lower visibility layers and caused by the fog calculation algorithm.

Thanks Yuri - in that case, it looks like maybe the new 3.3.5 version has improved the algorithm :Party:

Adam.

Yuri - could you please explain a bit more about the Clouds "Blend distance adjustment"? This sentence may have got translated a little oddly - I can't really understand it!

"The distance at which the clouds rotate to face your viewpoint. Clouds will be fully volumize from this distance (in meters), reducing to 0 at doubled distance. Default value is 3000."

Does that mean clouds get fully volumised at 3,000m then gradually reduce to non-volumised (0%) at 6,000m? What happens to clouds at 0m -> 3,000m - are they 100% volumised anyway?

Thanks!

Adam.

What happens to clouds at 0m -> 3,000m - are they 100% volumised anyway?

I think yes.

/

from 0 to blendDistance. I'm not sure about 6000. Because in code

float facingBlend = saturate(((blendDistance - cloudDistance) / blendDistance) * IsPuffDraw);

rotationMatrix[2] = normalize(lerp(cameraFacingVector, screenFacingVector, facingBlend));

when cloudDistance become larger then blendDistance, facingBlend become zero -> rotationMatrix[2] become normalized cameraFacingVector.

Probably in something I could be wrong

/

Additional info here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109548

http://www.avsim.com/topic/458860-is-this-how-rex4-asn-clouds-should-look-like-in-p3d/page-3#entry3148499

I'm new to AVSIM and Prepar3D having recently installed it for the first time.  I have never used RSP or any shader edits before, however I keep getting these errors when I try PTA.  Odd, because I NEVER used any shader edits or tweaks before. I tried a re-setup of P3D to repair but I still had these errors,  I'm using Windows 10 and P3D V3.3, and using PTA ver. 1.2. I don't know what else I can do other than a whole reinstall of P3D but then I would have to reinstall all my other software, ie. Orbx, REX, Meshes, etc which would be a lot of time and effort.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

I'm new to AVSIM and Prepar3D having recently installed it for the first time.  I have never used RSP or any shader edits before, however I keep getting these errors when I try PTA.  Odd, because I NEVER used any shader edits or tweaks before. I tried a re-setup of P3D to repair but I still had these errors,  I'm using Windows 10 and P3D V3.3, and using PTA ver. 1.2. I don't know what else I can do other than a whole reinstall of P3D but then I would have to reinstall all my other software, ie. Orbx, REX, Meshes, etc which would be a lot of time and effort.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

Pm Sent

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.