Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Yes, very simple, been there done that...once so far...didn't like what I saw and promptly returned to Pe11e's RealismShaderPack (RSP) superb settings. Doubtless will try again, but why rock the boat?

Jack, if you are, like me, still on P3D v3.2 I suggest you first create a backup of the 'ShadersHLSL' folder then give RSP a go - much easier. The 'problem' as I see it is that there are so many possible options provided in PTA. Each time you make a change you have to go through the process of reloading the sim and waiting for the shader folder content to be recompiled. Really quite time consuming as you try again and again with different values until you are finally happy. Life is too short. I prefer to wait until someone comes up with a recommended collection of presets approved by our community.

Regards,

Mike

RSP doesnt work in P3D 3.5 - and dont try - you can download his (RSP Developer) ini to replicate it in PTA tool so no difference really 

Rich Sennett

Yes, very simple, been there done that...once so far...didn't like what I saw and promptly returned to Pe11e's RealismShaderPack (RSP) superb settings. Doubtless will try again, but why rock the boat?

Jack, if you are, like me, still on P3D v3.2 I suggest you first create a backup of the 'ShadersHLSL' folder then give RSP a go - much easier. The 'problem' as I see it is that there are so many possible options provided in PTA. Each time you make a change you have to go through the process of reloading the sim and waiting for the shader folder content to be recompiled. Really quite time consuming as you try again and again with different values until you are finally happy. Life is too short. I prefer to wait until someone comes up with a recommended collection of presets approved by our community.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, you're absolutely right, I'd be climbing the darned walls if this was as you describe. I'd much rather fly than go through all this self-inflicted pain for what? Will it look like I was in a real plane like the Cherokees I used to fly? No. So what's the point? What's good for some may not be good enough for someone else.

What is this RSP and how much does it cost? And do I have to back up all kinds of shader files?

Seems I spend more time on forums than I do aviating. After all, isn't this waht the hobby is all about? Aviating? I'm not the kind of a guy who chases perfection in a sim or who chases after the elusive screenshot of the month award, I coudn't care less about that. Gimme an interestinf place to FLY to with real proceudures, after all isn't ths why LM created it in the first place? To be Prepared?

Off my soap box, sorry.

So RPS, what is it, how much $, and how easy to use?

Jack Sawyer

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-realismshaderpack-v11/?p=3413028

So RPS, what is it, how much $, and how easy to use?

Hi Jack,

RSP = RealismShaderPack

Read about it and download here (it's free):

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-realismshaderpack-v11/?p=3413028

Remember to backup the ShadersHLSL folder before doing anything.

'RSP' predates 'Prepar3D Tweak Assistant' and is genuinely very easy to use. I found my preferred settings very quickly and have stuck with them since. However, as Rich has said, it is NOT compatible with Prepar3D v3.3.5.

The results are truly impressive and transform the appearance of the sim. Wouldn't go back to stock appearance now. Try it.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike, what about how I use REX TD Soft Clouds and the Navid sky texture set, will it mess with those?

Jack Sawyer

Thanks Mike, what about how I use REX TD Soft Clouds and the Navid sky texture set, will it mess with those?

No it will make things much better but your VC will get very dark you have been warned - PTA has an option to fix that thats why I said to use PTA and open RSP ini and just brighten up VC 

Rich Sennett

No it will make things much better but your VC will get very dark you have been warned - PTA has an option to fix that thats why I said to use PTA and open RSP ini and just brighten up VC

Perhaps I have been lucky in that respect as I have not experienced undue darkening of any cockpit. My settings are as listed in this post #127:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-realismshaderpack-v11/?p=3413773

Mike

Okay, this has gone on long enough for me, I'm finished with all this nonsense. NO PTA, NO RSP, it's just me and my P3D 3.2 the way I like it and I'm going to fly not mess with it.

Thank you all for your input but I'm done, stick a fork in me, I despise, absolutely loathe tweaking.

I am not going to respond to any more of these posts.

Sorry, not angry, just fed up with all the hassles of tweaking.

Jack Sawyer

Nice video on the tools - oops if you speak Spanish oh well

Rich Sennett

Sorry, not angry, just fed up with all the hassles of tweaking.

Your loss Jack, but setting up RSP is hardly a hassle, a couple of mouse clicks at the most and then you are rewarded with a much improved experience.

But if you would rather miss out on Rayleigh scattering and how much it improves the Sim, then that's fine by us.

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to tweak the top cloud layer via the shaders, to match the colour of the clouds beneath? I mean, them being much lighter makes sense as the sun is going down, due to them being much higher up. Possibly with the moon being out. However, when it's completely dark outside, they still look white while the rest of the clouds are dark. Very jarring to look at.

GW6KQQ8.jpg

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Is it possible to tweak the top cloud layer via the shaders, to match the colour of the clouds beneath?

Yes, it can be tweaked by shaders. But full match for colors impossible. Top layer stratus is not a cloud actually: it compute in general.fx shader, not cloud.fx. So sophisticated clouds lighting algorithm can't be used.

Personally, I solved this problem by using night sky textures with no overlighted stratus.

But of course, no problem with this tweak in next release of PTA (OMG one more tweak  :lol: ).

• Upvote 1

Yes, it can be tweaked by shaders. But full match for colors impossible. Top layer stratus is not a cloud actually: it compute in general.fx shader, not cloud.fx. So sophisticated clouds lighting algorithm can't be used.

Personally, I solved this problem by using night sky textures with no overlighted stratus.

But of course, no problem with this tweak in next release of PTA (OMG one more tweak  :lol: ).

Oh, you'd be my personal hero if you could add that! 

But how do you remove it from the night sky texture only? I might go that route instead

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

But how do you remove it from the night sky texture only? I might go that route instead

No, I don't fiddle with texture editing, just use Navid's Hashemi sky set: http://navidh.se/misc_navids_skyset_2016.html. Looks good IMO.

I'm not sure when next release of PTA will be ready so PM you method of manual tweaking for stratus lighting.

• Upvote 1

No, I don't fiddle with texture editing, just use Navid's Hashemi sky set: http://navidh.se/misc_navids_skyset_2016.html. Looks good IMO.

I'm not sure when next release of PTA will be ready so PM you method of manual tweaking for stratus lighting.

Hmm, that's weird, I'm using Navid's Sky Set v3 in the above photo. 

But in any case, if I could just make them a bit darker I'd be a happy man, so I would appreciate a manual method! :)

Hi, i have try PTA in my P3D V.3.2 all works perfectly except with Ezdok Cam View though i have checked in custom Shader ? 

Thanks for your help  :smile:

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.