Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Is there a tutorial or Youtube video showing how to get the most out of this utility?

Although to get it going initially is easy enough, it would be good to have a reference which demonstrates what all the various options do.  I understand Tom's point and frustration.  Tweaking is frustrating when all you are able to do is hack your way through something without any real idea of what you are doing. When it screws up your installation - that's even worse.    (that hasn't happened to me.)

Also, are there any shared pre-sets?

When using the common pre-sets what are the night textures like? How does it effect the darkness and lights?

Kind regards,

Hi, i have try PTA in my P3D V.3.2 all works perfectly except with Ezdok Cam View though i have checked in custom Shader ?

Hi! What's wrong with Ezdok Cam View?

Check necessary custom shader in list (Curves as an example), tune its params and assign shader on necessary Ezdok cam. When applying preset please see that custom shader was activated:

EZCAjpg_8082326_22553433.jpg

Is there a tutorial or Youtube video showing how to get the most out of this utility?

I saw some reviews of the tool on youtube, but in Russian and Spanish (or mb Portuguese):

Although to get it going initially is easy enough, it would be good to have a reference which demonstrates what all the various options do. I understand Tom's point and frustration. Tweaking is frustrating when all you are able to do is hack your way through something without any real idea of what you are doing. When it screws up your installation - that's even worse. (that hasn't happened to me.)

Excuse me, have I missed something about Tom's frustration?

All tweaks in PTA have detail description and many of them illustrated. Just click "?" button.

IMHO it's a bad idea in general to start tweaking something without any real idea of what you are doing and what you are going to get.

Also, unfortunately, P3D have no option to make adjustments in shaders "on-the-fly" to see result immediately (like Reshade or RTH for X-Plane).

Also, are there any shared pre-sets?

Some presets shared in this topic and some great jobs shared here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/

PTA starts first time with some "initial" preset. (You can get it later by menu Actions - Set initial tweaks parameters). This option allows get sort of start point with very conservative parameters.

The final result of tuning depends on personal preferences, hardware, and installed addons and, of course, textures.

Best regards,

Hey KNOSSOS, I just want to thank you again for the top-layer cloud tweak you messaged me about some time back. It worked beautifully, the colours match perfectly with the other clouds. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Hi KNOSSOS, thank you for your answer, i have do that but not working with Ezdok :

1467650667-pta.jpg

Shader Ok in Outside View Spot :

1467650675-pta1.jpg

But not working in Ezdok views :

1467650683-pta2.jpg

1467650694-pta3.jpg

Shader Ok in Outside View Spot :

Can't see all needed info on first screenshot. Could you send me, please, your preset? trifonov.geo@gmail.com

Hey KNOSSOS, I just want to thank you again for the top-layer cloud tweak you messaged me about some time back. It worked beautifully, the colours match perfectly with the other clouds.

Great! Thanks for feedback!

Excuse me, have I missed something about Tom's frustration?
All tweaks in PTA have detail description and many of them illustrated. Just click "?" button.
IMHO it's a bad idea in general to start tweaking something without any real idea of what you are doing and what you are going to get.
Also, unfortunately, P3D have no option to make adjustments in shaders "on-the-fly" to see result immediately (like Reshade or RTH for X-Plane).

Hi Yuri

I think you misunderstood me.  I'm certainly not complaining - I was just commenting on someone's frustration..

I have the mod installed and working.  Although I haven't experimented much with other presets, I will do so very soon  - I don't think I can fly without the shader mods anymore.

I've said it before - Great work!

I think you misunderstood me.  I'm certainly not complaining - I was just commenting on someone's frustration..

Ah, sorry, Erich, for my misunderstanding. Just thought I missed someone's comment

Yuri,

May I suggest an enhancement to your great product?

Is it possible that you add a tweak option to darken the ground texture at night, maybe with 2 different settings:

- adjust ground texture luminosity without moon light

- adjust ground texture luminosity with moon light

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Okay so dumb question of the day.  If i download someone's preset, where do I install it?

Okay so dumb question of the day.  If i download someone's preset, where do I install it?

Just click on the Preset tab and then Open and point it to where you have saved the config file. I put/save my configs in the same folder as PTA but I guess they can go anywhere.

Just click on the Preset tab and then Open and point it to where you have saved the config file. I put/save my configs in the same folder as PTA but I guess they can go anywhere.

Got it.  Many thanks

Erich

Yuri,

May I suggest an enhancement to your great product?

Is it possible that you add a tweak option to darken the ground texture at night, maybe with 2 different settings:

- adjust ground texture luminosity without moon light

- adjust ground texture luminosity with moon light

Thanks

Roland, I can add some coefficients to adjust "power" of ambient and diffuse moonlight. This will darken/lighten textures at night. Just like already existing tweaks for sunlight.

Thank you for suggestion!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.