Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Thanks! I think I prefer to use the code method (and DayNightUse:0) then the effect is gradual throughout the day . However - if I use the DayNightUse:3 (no code) method - then does the sim also use the sun elevation but simply not apply the post-process effect outside the times defined by DayNightUse? In other words - there may be a big jump between "twilight" and "day" (applied/not applied).

Does the sim also use these [same] sim elevation values to assign the corresponding palette and textures from things like REX/FEX?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

does the sim also use the sun elevation but simply not apply the post-process effect outside the times defined by DayNightUse? In other words - there may be a big jump between "twilight" and "day" (applied/not applied).

Yep, in this case post-effect just apply or not.

Does the sim also use these [same] sim elevation values to assign the corresponding palette and textures from things like REX/FEX?

I don't know. I suppose these caclulatons in core sim code, not shaders.

I have REX installed, and had no issues at all installing or using PTA, no error messages, and the changes all work.

I love that I have such pretty water now, I hate the P3D water, way to dark.

So far this has been my fave change.

Aaron Tirrell

Does anyone have any news about compatibility of PTA with the new P3Dv3.4.14?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I've made some tests, the current version works fine with 3.4.14.

I've made some tests, the current version works fine with 3.4.14.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Do we first go back to the default shaders , upgrade to the latest P3D and then re-apply our PTA profile ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Do we first go back to the default shaders , upgrade to the latest P3D and then re-apply our PTA profile ?

Not necessary, shaders in 3.4.9 and 3.4.14 are the same.

Thanks !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I want to test PTA. Never used it.

I have a few questions.

I need RSP or URP? Only PTA? A good theme for start? I fly in Europe with HDR on.

Will i need to touch any setup in sim?

Thanks

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I need RSP or URP? Only PTA? A good theme for start? I fly in Europe with HDR on.

Will i need to touch any setup in sim?

Hi José

PTA provides the ability to make some adjustments in shaders. You can use it alone. No touching of sim setup requred.

URP provides the ready solution based on PTA tweaks (and demands PTA) and contains sky colors, tweaks and the other goodies. Thats why it's a good idea to use ready solution as a start point.

Anyway using PTA you can make additional tuning of ready solution in accordance with the personal preference later.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi José

PTA provides the ability to make some adjustments in shaders. You can use it alone. No touching of sim setup requred.

URP provides the ready solution based on PTA tweaks (and demands PTA) and contains sky colors, tweaks and the other goodies. Thats why it's a good idea to use ready solution as a start point.

Anyway using PTA you can make additional tuning of ready solution in accordance with the personal preference later.

Regards,

Thanks you!

For sky i use ASCA with AS16.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hello folks!

PTA 2.0 (beta) uploaded to site.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide regarding the beta version of tool. Send it please to trifonov.geo@gmail.com.

How to install PTA 2.0:

1. The format of ini files used to store presets was changed in PTA 2.0. All presets from the previous version of tool are NOT compatible with version 2.0. Please reconfigure the required presets in the new utility in accordance with release notes and your PTA 1.X version presets.
2. It's highly recommended to install PTA 2.0 in a new directory separate from previous version of the tool.
3. Before installation please make sure that you have the original (no tweaked) shaders in Prepar3D. If you are already using PTA 1.X you can restore original shaders by menu command "Actions - Restore original P3D shaders".
4. When original shaders restored, unzip distribution archive in separate directory. At first start PTA 2.0 should automatically detect target P3D version, find proper P3D installation directory, shaders cache directory, and create backup of used in tweaks shaders to \SHADERS_BACKUP subdirectory in main PTA directory. Config files, used by tool, will backup to \CONFIG_BACKUP.

Release notes:

1. New tweak "Clouds light scattering".
2. New tweak "Aircraft lighting". Old tweak "Aircraft brightness tuning" now is a part of new tweak.
3. New tweak "Autogen lighting". Old tweak "Adjust autogen ambient sunight" now is a part of new tweak.
4. Lighting tweaks for terrain was grouped into a new tweak "Terrain lighting". If you did not use all these tweak, just leave unused parameters with a default values.
5. New tweak "Autogen emissive lighting".
6. New tweak "Terrain saturation."
7. Old tweaks for luminosity of urban areas at night grouped into a new tweak "Urban areas lighting at night". If you did not use all these tweak, just leave unused parameters with a default values.
8. Rayleigh scattering effect now has the new option "Exclude clouds". When checked, effect will not apply to clouds.
9. New tweak "Sky fog tuning".
10. New tweak "Sky saturation".
11. New tweak "Specular lighting".
12. Reflection, refraction and granularity water tweaks was grouped into a single tweak "Water surface tuning". If you did not use all these tweak, just leave unused parameter with a default value.
13. Like in post-processing effects, all parameters of the shader's tweaks can use now not only simple values but various expressions with shader's variables. (Please see documentation for detail info.)
14. You can restore default (initial) parameters values for a single tweak.
15. In addition to the PTA built-in tweaks you can also use create your own tweaks. Use this feature if you have some manual corrections that need to be applied to the shader files. These edits will be applied immediately after built-in tweaks in order specified in the list. IMPORTANT! There is no error detection provided! To locate the errors in your code please activate an option "Content Error Logging" in General section of P3D settings. (Error message appears at sim exit).
16. The logic of preset saving was changed. The option "Autosave preset on exit" removed from the tool. Now you will be asked only if preset was modified.
17. New option that allows to receive a notification when the new version of tool released. (Update is checked once in 3 days).
18. User interface redesigned. Sliders removed but you can use mouse wheel (or Ctrl+mouse wheel) to change values. Some improvements and new skins.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 5

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.