Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Thanks, looks stunning now that I have corrected the HDR settings in sim.

Fantastic!! Great to hear!!

Adam.

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Adam, good stuff. Using your latest and I like it. I increased the one setting for night illumination of ground texture from 6.20 to 11. With FTX Global texts they are dimmer. At 11 to 13 setting they look more realistic to what I see on transcons here in the US at night.

Eric 

Adam, good stuff. Using your latest and I like it. I increased the one setting for night illumination of ground texture from 6.20 to 11. With FTX Global texts they are dimmer. At 11 to 13 setting they look more realistic to what I see on transcons here in the US at night.

Thanks for that, Eric - I'll build that into my next version. I don't fly that much at night, so I rather skipped those sections!

Adam.

Is there a way to lower the brightness of terrain at night with Adams preset. Right now it's as bright as if it were daylight. Great preset btw.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Is there a way to lower the brightness of terrain at night with Adams preset. Right now it's as bright as if it were daylight. Great preset btw.

Eeek! Is it really that bad? I'd better take a quick look!!!! As I said earlier - I did rather skim over the night stuff.

Yuri - here's a thought - since we're talking about moonlight lighting! ...

How easy would it be to add a terrain/autogen *colour+saturation* tweak based on the strength of the moonlight? I'm still seeing a fair bit of colour in the landscape under a full moon. I think we all know how things look on a bright, moonlit night - basically monotone - grey/white/blue.

Version 20_06 of my on-going PTA tweak is avaliable for download from my newly added PTA Page:

pta_02_06_01_1350.jpg

pta_02_06_02_1350.jpg

pta_02_06_03_1350.jpg

Basically some small tweaks to my previous 20_04 preset - nothing major. I tried to fix night lighting, but found it a little complicated by settings that may be set by ORBX's FTX Global/Lights Configurator. People may just have to add/edit their own night lighting tweaks.

The new PTA page is to make it easier for people to find all current presets of mine - along with any additional information.

Adam.

• Upvote 1

Yuri - here's a thought - since we're talking about moonlight lighting! ...

How easy would it be to add a terrain/autogen *colour+saturation* tweak based on the strength of the moonlight? I'm still seeing a fair bit of colour in the landscape under a full moon. I think we all know how things look on a bright, moonlit night - basically monotone - grey/white/blue.

Hi Adam!

Np with terrain: this will completely desaturate terrain at night

Terraindes_3736156_24575600.jpg

Not so easy for autogen, but try this custom tweak (just a suggestion):

Autogendes_4161021_24575599.jpg

Regards,

Hi,

Is it correct that when you have updated P3D you also must update PTA?

I have update P3D however i get an error in PTA that my original cloud.fx cant be found, does anybody knows a solution? Reinstal P3D?

Regards,

Raymond

Hi Raymond.

Try to reinstall only P3D client, not whole P3D

regards,

Hi, 

Is it possible to make clouds shadow darker then 0.5 ?  

it seems version 2 has a minimum of 0.5 

Thank you

Roi Ben

Hi all,

I am going to dive in and give PTA a try. Before I do, what folders and files should I back up as a double security. I know that PTA does this for me but I would like to also do it manually - just to be 100% safe. I am currently running 3.4 with the hot fix applied to the client only. I have never used any shader tweaking tool previously.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi all,

I am going to dive in and give PTA a try. Before I do, what folders and files should I back up as a double security. I know that PTA does this for me but I would like to also do it manually - just to be 100% safe. I am currently running 3.4 with the hot fix applied to the client only. I have never used any shader tweaking tool previously.

When you first run PTA it will make a backup for you. It will show the paths to the files that have been backed up, so just take a screenshot of these to make your own backup.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I am going to dive in and give PTA a try. Before I do, what folders and files should I back up as a double security.

ShadersHLSL from the P3D root directory, with that saved you are all set even though PTA will also do a backup on first run.

Great thanks simmerhead and Glynn,

Will give it a run now :)

I also downloaded Adams presets 20_04 and 20_06 to help get me started.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.