Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

I'm sorry, I missed it.

There were some troubles with a/c specific cameras that need only manual assignments.

And the new post-process assignment method is more user-friendly.

I made a sort of poll about it and my proposal has been endorsed unanimously.

Thanks, makes sense.

So could you help me lighten up just the VC through post process?

I tried with ambient and diffuse aircraft lighting, but when the VC is ok, it makes the outside model too bright.

Cheers

So could you help me lighten up just the VC through post process?

I tried with ambient and diffuse aircraft lighting, but when the VC is ok, it makes the outside model too bright.

Unfortunately I don't know how to adjust only VC separately from outside a/c model by shaders modification.

With the old PTA technique with camera-assigned post-processing too. (With this technique post-processing affects the entire view in VC with the outside landscape and P3D SDK allows to exclude VC from post-processing, but not *ONLY* VC.)

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/camera_configuration/custom_post-process.html

I've no ideas except manual VC texture editing.

regards,

Shall we dance with 3.4.22.19868?

Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used (hot fix 3)

It will take a fey days to make PTA 2.1 beta (some bugfixes, a couple of new tweaks and Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868 compatibility).

Stay tuned.

regards,

It will take a fey days to make PTA 2.1 beta (some bugfixes, a couple of new tweaks and Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868 compatibility).

Stay tuned.

regards,

What kind of new tweaks? Can you advance some descriptions? :-)

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I updated to the latest Hotfix and now get

Preset D:\Downloaded Programs\Prepare3D\PTA2.0\default.ini loaded
Prepar3D 3.4.22 build 19868 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file C:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

- Paul Cartier

What kind of new tweaks? Can you advance some descriptions? :-)

Sure.Just a couple of minor new adjustments:

- it seems I found the way to adjust VC lighting separately from outside a/c;

- separate Water saturation;

- the addition to Water surface tuning: this may solve the "oily black P3D water" (As soon as you look anywhere near vertically down, P3D darkens the water to almost black). There were some threads about it - like this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/89997-Dark-blue-water.

These are the new adjustments so all existing presets will works as usual (I hope so, it needs an additional testing in beta stage because the core sim code may be changed in 3.4.22).

I updated to the latest Hotfix and now get

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/page-54#entry3563284
  • Upvote 1

Awesome! Thank you Yuri!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sure.Just a couple of minor new adjustments:

- separate Water saturation;

- the addition to Water surface tuning: this may solve the "oily black P3D water" (As soon as you look anywhere near vertically down, P3D darkens the water to almost black). There were some threads about it - like this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/89997-Dark-blue-water.

These are the new adjustments so all existing presets will works as usual (I hope so, it needs an additional testing in beta stage because the core sim code may be changed in 3.4.22).

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/page-54#entry3563284

Thank you!

- Paul Cartier

Looking forward to playing with your next version, Yuri! I've already installed one of Gennadiy's single day sky sets ("Meditation") in preparation - early morning near Milford Sound:

nzmf_01_166_1350.jpg

No problems so far with 3.4.22 (and latest nVidia drivers).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hello @ all.

I want to ask something.

Scenario:

Installed PTA an a preset from THOPAT yesterday. (doesn´t matter its with every preset i´ve tested) Everything looks very good especially loves the night lighting.

After install and test the preset i flown from Frankfurt to Prague and see transparent buildings there in Prague. Arrived at night. (see on the attached pictures)

Tested again only in Prague. At daytime, dusk and dawn everything looks very good but at night i have these transparent buildings in Prague.

The developer said to turn off PTA. After i do that everything it´s okay.

Somebody here who know about this issue at any other airport or have anybody the same issue? Don´t want to fly without PTA anymore... Thanks!

Greetings

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh631/kaminho/2017-1-29_1-42-39-237_zpsu6kfkaag.png

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh631/kaminho/2017-1-29_1-42-27-94_zps1lahixkk.png

Kamenko Gnjatovic 

i7 6700k @ 4Ghz -- 16GB RAM -- 500GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD + 3 x 256GB Samsung Pro SSD´s -- Gainward GeForce GTX1080 "GLH" 8GB GPU -- 2 x 27" BenQ Monitor WQHD -- be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 CPU-Cooler -- 1000W - Corsair RM Series 

in a Coolermaster - CM Storm Trooper

Somebody here who know about this issue at any other airport or have anybody the same issue?

Hi!

This bug will be fixed in PTA 2.10 beta. Soon.

In PTA 2.0X you can now just put the default value (1.0) here. Or disable this tweak. Then apply preset.

Image4jpg_7922738_25009406.jpg

Hi!

Okay good to know. Try this later. Thanks a lot!

Greetings

Kamenko Gnjatovic 

i7 6700k @ 4Ghz -- 16GB RAM -- 500GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD + 3 x 256GB Samsung Pro SSD´s -- Gainward GeForce GTX1080 "GLH" 8GB GPU -- 2 x 27" BenQ Monitor WQHD -- be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 CPU-Cooler -- 1000W - Corsair RM Series 

in a Coolermaster - CM Storm Trooper

OK I tried the 20_09 preset and let me say I am AMAZED with quality of it. 

I'm using it with dynamic ENVTEX skycolours but it looks amazing regardless of set. 

Thanks for making that

Need some advice please....

I just updated my P3D 3.3.5 to the 3.4.22(HF3). I restarted PTA and it asked to back up the new shader files because it detected a new version. I applied the latest preset by Adam. Ran the sim, things seem to be working ok.....

and then I saw this...

"PTA 2.04 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE LATEST PREPAR3D HOTFIX 3 (Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868)."

Is there an update coming out for the new HF3? Did I break or damage my original shader files? 

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.