Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi Daniel,

You should be okay. However, as a precaution I would restore the ShadersHLSL files that were backed up - there will be 8 files (6 from the main 'ShadersHLSL' folder and 2 from the 'PostProcess' sub-folder).

Delete the 'Shaders' folder found at:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 (Copy and paste this path into Run... from the Start Menu)

Now wait for a couple of days until Yuri releases his next PTA update.

Meantime you can run P3D and it will reinstate/rebuild the Shader Cache using the default 3.4.22.19868 ShadersHLSL files.

Edit: If that doesn't work for you then simply uninstall the P3D Client and then reinstall the latest Client and all should be well once again.

Regards,

Mike

You should be okay. However, as a precaution I would restore the ShadersHLSL files that were backed up - there will be 8 files (6 from the main 'ShadersHLSL' folder and 2 from the 'PostProcess' sub-folder).

Thanks - is it ok to use the built in function in PTA to restore the backed up, original shaders and delete the shader folder?

Thanks - is it ok to use the built in function in PTA to restore the backed up, original shaders and delete the shader folder?

Delete "ShadersHLSL" folder from the p3d, right mouse click on "Install_Client.msi" file, then click "Repair". It's the easiest way to recover original shaders.

Yes, that should work.

Mike

Bother! I currently updated to the current P3D version, i have checked everything if it is available or compatible but forgot the PTA.

Well, now i wait  :smile: I can't fly without PTA anymore, brings really a ton of realism in. Can't say it enough, thank you Yuri for this great Tool!

Hello folks!

PTA 2.10 beta for Prepar3D 3.1-3.4 deployed on site: http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

Release notes:

--------------------------------------

1. Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 3 (3.4.22 build 19868) compatibility.

2. Fixed bug in Autogen emissive lighting tweak (transparent buildings with Autogen ratio > 1.0).

3. New tweak Water saturation: separate saturation adjustment for water. This tweak uses the value of the Terrain saturation tweak (which affects terrain AND water) as its base.

4. New parameter for Water surface tweak: "Water view angle/darkness factor". This adjustment will allow to reduce/strengthen effect how P3D darkens the water to almost black as soon as you look anywhere near vertically down.

5. New parameter for Aircraft lighting tweak: The "Adjust only internal/virtual cockpit view" checkbox allows to apply all tweak parameters only for internal/VC views and do not touch the outside model. (With exception of some outside model parts for some aircrafts).

All presets from PTA 2.0X are compatible.

How to upgrade PTA 2.0X to PTA 2.10:

---------------------------------------

To install:

delete old PTA.exe from your PTA 2.0X directory, unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive.

Then apply your preset.

• Upvote 6

Looking forward to playing with your next version, Yuri!

Adam, anyways you can release 20_10 this weekend? If not can you tell me how to get rid of the bleached white streets at night in_09? It's just way to white now.

Eric 

Adam, anyways you can release 20_10 this weekend? If not can you tell me how to get rid of the bleached white streets at night in_09? It's just way to white now.

I'm working on it now - and was about to release it ... but I found a few things I wasn't 100% happy about. I'd hate to upload something then have to upload a "fixed" version a day or so later.

What I can say, though, is that Yuri's excelled himself here! I've really enjoyed this "last lap" of tweaking - and have nearly worn out my "V" key!

I promise to upload 20_10 within 24 hrs!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I promise to upload 20_10 within 24 hrs!

Awesome Adam, looking forward to it! Two quick questions as I know you're busy. Does it fix the bleached white streets at night? And secondly, are you making use of the new techniques Yuri added in the latest version, especially the VC lighting separation? If so I would highly recommend you add in the notes how we can fine tune the lighting in the VC as I'm sure that is very subjective.

Eric 

Awesome Adam, looking forward to it! Two quick questions as I know you're busy. Does it fix the bleached white streets at night? And secondly, are you making use of the new techniques Yuri added in the latest version, especially the VC lighting separation? If so I would highly recommend you add in the notes how we can fine tune the lighting in the VC as I'm sure that is very subjective.

Night skies street lighting *definitely* fixed (yay!). I couldn't find a way of making landing lights bring back the colour of anything in the "cone", but all other illumination is back to normal!

I've only made the tiniest tweaks to aircraft lighting - and haven't separated the values out, as I found my VC lighting looked pretty good. Putting a lot of detailed notes withinh the archive might slow me up a bit. I may just put up the bare bones and tell people to read the full thing on my PTA page (which can go up later). There are actually quite a few notes I'd like to add (eg. "Too blue .. what do I do???") so I'll work on those as welll - after 20_10 release, that is.

Adam.

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Yes, that should work.

Mike

That fixed it! I am now running the PTA 2.10 Beta - All looks amazing again.

Thanks for the advise.

5. New parameter for Aircraft lighting tweak: The "Adjust only internal/virtual cockpit view" checkbox allows to apply all tweak parameters only for internal/VC views and do not touch the outside model. (With exception of some outside model parts for some aircrafts).

Wow, Yuri, you managed that... Thanks a lot, will try it now. 

PTA 2.10 beta for Prepar3D 3.1-3.4 deployed on site: http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

Thanks again Yuri for continually improving PTA.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Wow, Yuri, you managed that... Thanks a lot, will try it now.

I hope so :)

Thanks again Yuri for continually improving PTA.

:hi:

I was under the impression that HF3 was pretty much focused only on fixing SLI issues but the post a few up from here seems to show a number of fixes/improvements re: shaders/lighting so is it the recommendation of the Yuri and Adam to upgrade to this new version of P3D ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.