Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

I was under the impression that HF3 was pretty much focused only on fixing SLI issues but the post a few up from here seems to show a number of fixes/improvements re: shaders/lighting so is it the recommendation of the Yuri and Adam to upgrade to this new version of P3D ?

I'm not using SLI and found no difference between hf2 and hf3 so far.

Cheers,

(upd.: typo)

Hi Yuri,

Great software however, the video bears no resemblance to the file I downloaded today.  Any advice please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Announcement - new preset: adam_20-10

My first (!) preset for Yuri's new PTA 2.10 beta:

pta_2010_01_1350.jpg

pta_2010_02_1350.jpg

Fixed the night lighting/street lighting.

"No popcorn" tweak now varies with altitude.

Aircraft lighting (new). Set to use both VC and external model.

Water saturation (new).

Water reflection reduced in strength a little. Varies with altitude.

Download here: Adam_PTA_20_10.

Many thanks, Yuri!

Adam.

• Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Great software however, the video bears no resemblance to the file I downloaded today.  Any advice please?

Hi Dave!

You mean the video on main page of site 1coder.ru/PTA ?  Yes, Ben made this stunning media in times PTA version 1.4 release. 

Although the general principles has not changed since then, definitelty the video need to be updated.

Thanks for input!

My first (!) preset for Yuri's new PTA 2.10 beta:

Thanks for your presets, Adam!

• Upvote 1

Problems with PTA v.2.10 beta:  Going from PTA 2.04 to 2.10 beta I was shown the well known "unable to detect the original cloud.fsx file in P3D SHADERS folder". Strange,- it was no problem with earlier versions. I installed the update3 however in P3D since I downloaded v.2.10. Nevertheless I can still load with PTA 2.04. So how to solve this???

Regards

Odaber

Thanks for your presets, Adam!

Always a pleasure - but especially when PTA helps to nail that long-standing P3D gripe of mine - "oily black water"!!

BTW, folks - if anyone cares to add any feedback on preset 20_10, I'd welcome it. Don't feel coy about criticising it (I have a thick skin!) but I'd like, if possible, to keep it out of this thread (already 56 pages!). Please use this one: http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/page-15#entry3566145

Adam.

Problems with PTA v.2.10 beta:  Going from PTA 2.04 to 2.10 beta I was shown the well known "unable to detect the original cloud.fsx file in P3D SHADERS folder". Strange,- it was no problem with earlier versions. I installed the update3 however in P3D since I downloaded v.2.10. Nevertheless I can still load with PTA 2.04. So how to solve this???

Regards

Hi Odaber!

Maybe you made some adjustments in REX? If so, please restore original shader here:

cloudsizin_6187752_24772406.jpg

if you're not using REX, please see PM

PTA 2.10 beta updated to PTA 2.10 beta 2.

Changes:
- Tweak "Aircraft lighting" renamed to "Aircraft lighting & saturation".[/size]
- New parameter for Aircraft lighting & saturation tweak: "Saturation" - the separate saturation adjustment for a/c.

All presets from PTA 2.XX are compatible.

How to upgrade:
delete old PTA.exe from your PTA 2.0X directory, unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive.
Then apply your preset.

Regards,

Yuri, with beta 2, I've loaded at least 4 different presets and none of them fill out the allocated settings. All boxes stay cleared it keeps looking like nothing is loaded. However the log box at bottom does say the expected .ini was loaded. If I wanted to adjust a setting in a preset. there is no data to adjust.

*edit...forget the above, I downloaded Adams recent preset and everything is registering, I guess the new beta doesn't utilize any of previous presets.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I guess the new beta doesn't utilize any of previous presets.

In beta 2 when preset is opened, the tool switches active page to "Options & preset comments". But all checkboxes in the left panel should work as usual. New beta doesn't utilize only new parameters.

No issues here.

Could you please give me an additional info about the issue and how you got it?

Thanks!

About all I can say is that with last version of PTA I had adams 20-09 preset loaded. I replaced the new beta PTA .exe and adams 20-09 preset was still loaded ( I didn't change it ) and there was no checks in any of the parameter boxes. I tried loading your dynamic preset that you offered on another forum (link was in this thread) log box said it was loaded, but again there were no parameters with check boxes checked, nor were there any parameters listed that could be adjusted. Tried with another preset, same thing. Finally loaded Adams newest 20-10 preset, then all of his settings showed up with appropriate check boxes and parameters that one could adjust. Tried you "dynamic" preset again and nothing listed. put back in Adams 20-10 .ini and again the preset applied and all parameters  were supplied. Only Adams 20-10 preset seems to work correctly 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Jim ... and everyone else ...

I've just replaced my 20_10 preset with one that includes Yuri's new aircraft lighting & saturation tweak. No other changes, so previous 20_10 downloaders aren't really missing anything.

Here's a snow pic for a change!

pta_2010_08_1350bafe5.jpg

Adam.

• Upvote 3

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.