Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

When applying a preset, it says that general.fx and cloud.fx aren't original and therefore the preset couldn't be applied in those instances.
How can I restore the respective original shader_backup files?

Un- and reinstall P3D Client..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi all, looking for some advice - at sunset and sun rise, the haze effects I have enabled reflect the colour of the sky, as advertised. However, the colour they reflect seems to be that in the centre of my view, leading to some strange effects when I pan the camera (see video). I'd rather reduce the effect of the haze effect as the sun sets, so that this reflection does not happen nearly as noticeably, but I don't really want to turn the effect off, as I like the look I get with it during daytime. Is this possible? Do I just need to turn some effects off? If so, which ones?

9 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

the haze effects I have enabled reflect the colour of the sky, as advertised

Hi!

The Haze effect doesn't affect reflections, just add some haze to scene with coloured fog. The color of that additional fog based on fog color provided by sky texture. 

My suggestion is to try another sky textures.

Cheers,

16 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

Hi!

The Haze effect doesn't affect reflections, just add some haze to scene with coloured fog. The color of that additional fog based on fog color provided by sky texture. 

My suggestion is to try another sky textures.

Cheers,

I don't think it's an issue with my sky textures, as it's not the colour I don't like, but the fact that it is doing it. I was looking through your documentation last night after posting, and saw the stuff about expressions. Is there a way to have the fog created by the haze effect be at one level during the day, but then decrease as sun power decreases (so I can have the fog in the day, but not during twilight, to stop it reflecting sky colours)

It is this effect, in very late twilight I am trying to avoid - there is a hard line between the colour of the sky and the colour of the fog circled on the right, but it matches in the circle on the left. 

5ATi9Ti.png

Edit: Having restored my shaders to stock to see what this looks like by default, I've realised that this is default behaviour, not something that my tweaks have done. However, the question still stands - is there a way to reduce the effect of this?

10 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

However, the question still stands - is there a way to reduce the effect of this?

I think changing sky textures may solve this issue, no other suggestions.

5 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

I think changing sky textures may solve this issue, no other suggestions.

Okay! Tell me twice, I'll follow your advice :p new sky textures it is

Just wanted to thank the developer as this file has given me graphics I only dreamed about achieving. Thank you sir.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi..

How to setting best graphic and get best FSP P3D V2 at laptop Asus A456U intel core i5 with nvidia geforce 930mx.

Thanks...

Announcement - new preset: adam_21-11.

Just an update to my previous preset (adam_21-10). No major changes - just minor tweaks.

pta_21_11_01_fall_0745_1350.jpg

pta_21_11_05_fall_0806_1350.jpg

All my presets are available here.

Adam.

• Upvote 6

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi.

I see the new version of PTA 2.11. Before install it I must install the old backup of shaders and after this put new exe and apply new preset?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

52 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hi.

I see the new version of PTA 2.11. Before install it I must install the old backup of shaders and after this put new exe and apply new preset?

Hi

It's not necessary. Just replace exe.

• Upvote 1

On 22.03.2017 at 6:09 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Great job, Adam! Thank you!

P3D, ORBX NZ (Auckland)

Spoiler

8e3f0ba9c06d.jpg

a68f3fb7d25d.jpg

Gennadiy

On 22.3.2017 at 5:09 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Just an update to my previous preset (adam_21-10). No major changes - just minor tweaks.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

thx for the preset. I've used it in PTA 2.11, no issues.

But I noticed that p3d is a little bit too dark now, i had to raise brightness from 0.65 to 0.77. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.