Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

8 hours ago, conradcollinson said:

I read that other post and i changed my sky textures as suggested however i am still getting the weird thick haz layer... 

Try this sky texture as an example: http://1coder.ru/SKY/distr/Sky_MIX.zip

(Without ENVTEX/REX/ASCA/etc. activated)

PTA has adjustments only for fog density and saturation. No fog brightness tweaks available. Thats why I suggest you have problem with sky textures. 

17 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

Try this sky texture as an example: http://1coder.ru/SKY/distr/Sky_MIX.zip

(Without ENVTEX/REX/ASCA/etc. activated)

PTA has adjustments only for fog density and saturation. No fog brightness tweaks available. Thats why I suggest you have problem with sky textures. 

Unfortunately with those textures i am still getting the effect... The screenshot is with no ASCA or AS16 open just the nex textures. I will try uninatalling the PTA and see if the effect disappears.

******UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST********

So Uninstalling the PTA and reinstalling the orginal P3D shaders did get rid of the effect. When i put the PTA back in the HAZE comes back. 

6 hours ago, conradcollinson said:

So Uninstalling the PTA and reinstalling the orginal P3D shaders did get rid of the effect. When i put the PTA back in the HAZE comes back. 

Glad to see you found the reason. What parameters in Haze tweak do yo have?

On 2017-5-12 at 3:27 AM, KNOSSOS said:

Glad to see you found the reason. What parameters in Haze tweak do yo have?

Sorry getting back to you so late... 

My Haze parameters are : 

Effect Power : 1.01

Density Factor : 0.00000000100

Density Depends on Altitude : NO

Red : 1.01

Green : 1.0

Blue : 1.0

Rayleigh Scattering Effect : 

Effect Power : 2.0

Density Dactor : 0.00000000200

Density Depends on Altitude : YES 

Exclude Clouds : NO

Green : 0.070

Blue : 0.150

Hope this will help, 

Regards Conrad Collinson

*An update to my issue with the strange sunlight and sunrise effect...*

FIXED!!!

It turns out it was indeed the sky textures. I thought that simply by pasting the new textures into the P3D texture folder they would be updated however ASCA automatically overwrites your sky textures... 

I looked at the theme editor thing within ASCA and worked out how to install the URP Sky Textures into ASCA and now it all works fine! There must be a very weird relationship between the haze effects in AS16 & ASCA, when PTA is introduced as when i removed PTA the issue did seem to solve. 

I am back to absolutely Loving PTA!!! It adds a whole new level of immersion and realism! Thanks for making such an awesome tool Yuri!!!

Try this option:

Open PTA 2_11, change Haze effect: Off. Rayleigh effect: Off, save it as "2_11_without haze" and install. Start P3D, open Basic Weather and choose Visibility: Unlimited. I think Northern Norway is the only Place in Europe that has this  visibility as an option! Happy flying!!

odaber

I understand that Matt Davies will be selling a version of PTA for v4.  But is the v3 version still available anywhere, or has it been pulled completely?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, JDWalley said:

I understand that Matt Davies will be selling a version of PTA for v4.  But is the v3 version still available anywhere, or has it been pulled completely?

PTA for P3D v3 will be available as a free download for anyone who has purchased PTA for P3D v4. Eventually, the two versions will be merged into one as part of a wider project and essentially PTA for P3D v3 will become payware. Note that once we merge them, we'll be continuously updating both version in one as there are still some unexplored tweaks with PTA for P3D v3.

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

PTA for P3D v3 will be available as a free download for anyone who has purchased PTA for P3D v4. Eventually, the two versions will be merged into one as part of a wider project and essentially PTA for P3D v3 will become payware. Note that once we merge them, we'll be continuously updating both version in one as there are still some unexplored tweaks with PTA for P3D v3.

When can we expect this P3D v4 version to be available?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

When can we expect this P3D v4 version to be available?

Thanks.

I'm hoping later on this afternoon - just making some final adjustments :)

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

51 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I'm hoping later on this afternoon - just making some final adjustments :)

Can't wait. Thanks so much for bringing this essential tool new life and I and many, many others will be looking forward to what you and your team will provide with future updates. With v4 and PTA, things are great in the flight sim space.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.