Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

How to create a shortcut please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

On 6/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

I've no idea, I'm afraid! I use it with ASP4+ASCA with no problems - but I use a combination of REX and FEX for the skies/water/runways. I don't use ENVTEX.

I try to make my presets as "neutral" as possible - so they shouldn't (in theory!!) need any particular add-on to work properly. Conversely, this means they ought to work with any of them.

However - sky colour (and weather conditions) have a massive effect on shading throughout P3D, so some of the more "extreme" choices from Envtex (or wherever) could cause problems.

There's no harm in trying. Presets are very easy to load and/or swap. Just remember what your current preset is, then load mine.

Adam.

I've tried your preset and it looks really good to me :cool: Thank you

22 minutes ago, Ibra1992 said:

I've tried your preset and it looks really good to me :cool: Thank you

That's good news!!! :gaul:

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Announcement - new preset: adam_26_02 - for PTA 2.60 (P3Dv4.1).

Basically the old PTA 2.60 26_01 preset optimised for the newly released REX Skyforce3D (though it should still work OK with other texture/weather engines).

pta_26_02_01_135_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_06_861_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_03_157_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_12_613_1350.jpg

pta_26_02_11_540_1350.jpg

All my presets are here.

Adam.

40 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Announcement - new preset: adam_26_02 - for PTA 2.60 (P3Dv4.1).

Basically the old PTA 2.60 26_01 preset optimised for the newly released REX Skyforce3D (though it should still work OK with other texture/weather engines).

All my presets are here.

Adam.

Thank you Adam

Kind regards

Hi Adam,

Now, that's more like it!! My prayers have been answered!

Since REX Sky Force 3D came out I confess to having mutinied by jumping the good ship 'Adam' by trying a few of the included Presets and Sky Textures. None have hit the mark although one, newzealandgoodness, came close. However, I still felt 'something' was still missing, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Adam, you must have sensed I was preparing to get in touch! I read you too were using SF3D and suddenly, lo and behold, here you are with yet another Preset, this time optimised for use with this impressive new kid on the block.

Those images are fantastic and, once again, serve to underline your undoubted skills which enhance our experience and enjoyment so much. On behalf of us all a huge thank you!!

I note you are still using the REX4 TD Sky textures. Can I ask which set, as described on your website, you employed to produce those wonderful images - 1 or 2?

Regards and best wishes,

Mike

Thanks for the encouragement, Mike!!

My website page is a tiny bit out of date. SkyForce3D does all the sky textures as well ... so they will have over-written my old REX/FEX ones. I didn't update the info on my PTA page immediately, as I thought I might still be "mixing and matching" sky/cloud textures. At the moment, I'm letting SF3D take over everything bar the usual ground textures stuff.

I'll post my SF3D theme details once I've finished fiddling - but all those shots were taken with the SF3D default theme.

Adam.

That'll do me, Adam! Can't wait 😀

All the best.

Regards,

Mike

Mike, we've had a few merry dances with presets in the past, so I'm keen to hear your verdict! No need to be coy or shy - give me your usual honest input :dry:!

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Will do. Updating my graphics drivers at present and reinstating all my settings, including Prepar3D configuration, etc. Should be able to report back sometime tomorrow, Saturday, later in the day.

Regards,

Mike

On 19/01/2018 at 2:19 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

I'll post my SF3D theme details once I've finished fiddling - but all those shots were taken with the SF3D default theme.

Hi Adam,

Just to be clear before I embark on this adventure, is this your chosen 'default' theme?

5cQQTgt.jpg

Regards,

Mike

Ah, forget that, I should have done my homework before rushing to ask that question. Sorry!

I believe this might be what you are using. Not sure about the inclusion of the 10 Day Cycle Set, but it's there just in case.

ydlSx9g.jpg

First impressions at KVPS: Whoa, this is much too bright with little or no cloud detail and bloom (I had assumed without having checked) is at 0.0 with no room for making any corrective changes. Then the penny dropped - my HDR Settings were the P3D defaults after I had deleted Prepar3D.cfg and the file was recreated following the NVIDIA GPU driver update. Your previous recent Presets changed those values automatically so I was caught off guard this time..lol!

Now looks much, much better!! I can sense my growing excitement! More to follow later.

Regards,

Mike

Mike - you're correct - your last pic shows the default theme as far as I can tell (all choices set to "1"). I've since started experimenting so some of those have changed at my end now - though my screenshots here were all taken with default settings. The "10-Day Cycle" option is irrelevant, as I have it disabled in config: another default, I think.

I changed the default behaviour of the preset to NOT amend the prepar3d,cfg file as I'd made a fresh P3D client reinstall prior to installing SF3D and I didn't want anything doing "stuff" behind my back while I checked things out! I mentioned the change in the readme :happy:.

Hopefully, with the correct HDR values, you'll get closer to what I'm seeing - fingers crossed!

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Here you go!

Back at 1S2 (Darrington) I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed as I sit shaking with my tot (no, make that my third tot) of Glenfiddich slowly recovering my composure after this incredible flight :biggrin:

Please don't worry, I was well strapped in, although I have to marvel at the quality of engineering that prevented the cockpit canopy from being ripped off!!

Here are the captured images. Must have drifted off into unconsciousness as the seasons changed! God knows how I didn't run out of fuel.

JAbr8hJ.jpg

tIL4dTZ.jpg

UhEIGqN.jpg

FhJn63P.jpg

wjfI877.jpg

ZcM4q2B.jpg

QoKuS9U.jpg

km57MfX.jpg

mDRFagR.jpg

u73vqhk.jpg

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.