Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Doesn't look if its applied. this is what it should look like after clicking 'Apply'

dsKYpbb.png

bob

Doesn't look if its applied. this is what it should look like after clicking 'Apply'

bob

Hello Bob, TY but this screen was taken after restored shaders. 

Something happens, after the 1th run of PTA with my P3D.

Now if preset is added or now, cant run P3D.

Uninstalled the Client, installed - the same problem now.

Maybe something is wrong with cfg?

In noticed two Prepar3D.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg.temp now in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 each time (dont remeber it was before or not).

btw. a lot of investigations but perhaps I found it - DLL problem (exactly FSUIPC entry in dll file AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3). I'll check PTA again and reinstall FSUPIC in the end.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Ok, solved the problem. It was very strange. Now its ok and PTA and P3D work.

Just a question.

If Id like to change some of options in post processing I must again hit Actions>Apply?

For Reshade (which I use before) I need only refresh the screen.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

If Id like to change some of options in post processing I must again hit Actions>Apply?

Glad to see you solved it.

any adjustment requires a exit from 'flightsim' and then 'apply' modified preset.

bob

Works nice. How to change brightness in cockpit only? It looks too dark for me.

2017-2-19_awwxnws.jpg

Outside is ok.

2017-2-19_awwxnsq.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Works nice. How to change brightness in cockpit only? It looks too dark for me.

Use the "Aircraft lighting & saturation" tweak.

If you're not familiar with PTA, some help info could be useful: http://1coder.ru/PTA/help.html

Also I've added a complete tweak list with descriptions in App.A: http://1coder.ru/PTA/help.html#tweaklist

Regards,

Using Adams latest preset and have to say while looking down at the shadows the clouds are casting on the terrain, they have this jittery, flicking, almost digitized type look everywhere. Any ideas what setting to adjust that? Shadow sliders in p3d are at max. It's almost like there are two textures sliding over the top of each other or two settings not quite synced up for cloud shadows which manifests into what I'm seeing.

Eric 

If you're not familiar with PTA, some help info could be useful: http://1coder.ru/PTA/help.html

Also I've added a complete tweak list with descriptions in App.A: http://1coder.ru/PTA....html#tweaklist

Hi Yuri,

Truly, you are a marvel! How can we ever thank you enough, and how could we even consider changing to another sim when what we have now is so extraordinary? Yes, I know, OOMs. I consider myself fortunate in that I see them only very rarely. So, for me, like the move from W7 to W10, the decision is not yet up for debate.

Thank you for your uniquely generous and transformative contribution to our flight simming Prepar3D experience.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Yuri,

Truly, you are a marvel! How can we ever thank you enough, and how could we even consider changing to another sim when what we have now is so extraordinary? Yes, I know, OOMs. I consider myself fortunate in that I see them only very rarely so, for me, like the move from W7 to W10, the decision is not yet up for debate.

Thank you for your uniquely generous and transformative contribution to our flight simming Prepar3D experience.

Regards,

Mike

Exactly what you said sir. I have a similar system, little bit weaker, but I to use W7/64. Still. ;)

Very few (knocking on a wood) OOMs. Last night buzzin' around such a sparse scenery :Tounge: as NEW YORK! is, using almost all of it's airports, using even slew mod countless times and - nada. Nothing.

And, last but not the least, looking amazing while doing it.

Night before that - night flight in Phoenix, AZ. Night before that - Himalaya. Same day, earlier, India,...

Simply put, every single area improved a lot with PTA. And not area only ofc, sky, water and lighting... just everything.

So, can't really imagine my P3D without this small but powerful, yet free, application!

My huge appreciation is clearly visible from my signature, obviously. :smile:

Thank you Yuri. :Applause:

edit:

And thanks to Lockheed Martin, obviously, somehow I forgot that part. :)

• Upvote 1

Does PTA add this line to the Prepar3D.cfg file?

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

My cfg has this and I am pretty sure it is not a standard P3D entry, unless maybe it was added with the HF3 update perhaps? I know that I did not add it.

I have read mixed opinions about this 'tweak' and whether 0.10 is even a legitimate setting, wonder why it has now been added for me. Not sure whether to leave it or remove it now....

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi Greg,

Have you been trying THOPAT preset 1.5? If so, then it might have been responsible.

Quote from the THOPAT website: [updated our preset for the newest PTA v2.10 and remastered all lighting settings, we also added some tweaks to prevent blurry textures. If you don't want to add any tweaks to your preapd3d.cfg file just uncheck "Tweak main config"]

Regards,

Mike

I use the latest PTA and Adams' preset. One thing that continues to be a problem is the brightness, it is just so bright when in spot view.  Note that I do have the HDR lighting enabled and the correct presets for brightness, bloom & saturation.  I have turned down the brightness a little bit to help but wonder if this is something only I am seeing or if this is the same for everyone.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Ah, thanks Mike,

That would be it then. I did try out THOPAT 1.5 to see how it compared to Adams latest preset. I vaguely recall reading about that but never put the two together or took heed.

I went back to Adams latest preset shortly after that but I guess the setting would remain unless manually deleted. As I have not been experiencing blurry textures so will leave this out.

I use the latest PTA and Adams' preset. One thing that continues to be a problem is the brightness, it is just so bright when in spot view.  Note that I do have the HDR lighting enabled and the correct presets for brightness, bloom & saturation.  I have turned down the brightness a little bit to help but wonder if this is something only I am seeing or if this is the same for everyone.  thanks.

Hi Mark, I too am using Adam's latest preset and in general I think it is brilliant what he has achieved with Yuri's very clever PTA program. However I too needed to make some small adjustments to get things looking good on my system I my eyes. For example, I toned down water saturation right down to 0.74 as it was too bright blue and reduced very slightly saturation in the sim menu and increased brightness very slightly in the sim menu. I think that this comes down to how your monitor displays colors and your brightness, contrast etc settings on the monitor itself. My monitor for example has a few presets of its own for vibrance, cinema, late night and a few others. Each one has a huge impact on the screen output. Thus some minor tweaking to match your monitor and your eyes is not unusual I would say.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi Greg, Mark

If you have been wading through the other thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/503705-generic-pta-testing-scenario-suggestions-please/?p=3579606

.....then you will know that Adam and I have been trying to determine why images saved under the same conditions can be different. So far we have been unsuccessful. Monitor Calibration is important but only in the way it affects how images are displayed and how we perceive the result. We have noted that an image captured from exactly the same flight scenario can be saved from Prepar3D set up identically on different systems yet, apparently, each saved image contains different colour and also, presumably, luminance information.

I too have preferred Adam's Presets and, despite these observed differences, what I'm seeing on my recently calibrated monitor during normal flights is little short of being spectacular and, in my real world experience, very close to being natural in appearance. For the purposes of this exercise we are both using the same REX4 TD Sky textures. However, unlike yourselves I have never felt the need to make further adjustments to Adam's Presets, they just feel right. Furthermore, when I watch HD TV Transmissions which have been filmed outside in the countryside I find myself thinking that I have often seen the same balance of texture lighting and colours in Prepar3D.

For sure, it is an intriguing mystery.

Regards,

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.