Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

where is the update? I redownloaded the file buts its still showing 1.0 RC

Go to the about button in gui it will tell you its 1.1

Rich Sennett

Thanks Yuri got it to work but for some reason rex sky textures looked very nice in rsp and now they look bland  - cartoonish is there something I  can do for that - also I believe you cant run both at the same time because once they are touched by rsp game over right ? thank you for the hard work

You're welcome, Rich! Yep, PTA works only with original P3D shaders.

Welcome  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I think the turn off hdr luminance  adaptation effect which I had on was not a good setting with it off looking much better - time to play a bit - thanks for a super tool

Rich Sennett

Go to the about button in gui it will tell you its 1.1

Thats where I looked but it says 1.0 and I downloaded the file from the old link

Thats where I looked but it says 1.0 and I downloaded the file from the old link

Pick your P3D version here and your done it is the latest try again

http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Rich Sennett

Would be nice to see some pics: default vs PTA-modified Shaders

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi , Good day to all

I had Realism Shadow pack installed and did not have any problems.

After installing the PTA pack, problem with texture started and P3d was running slow ( when selecting/loading plane at airport, it took a while before the plane appeared at the gate or runaway).

I tried reinstalling default from shadow pack ( not sure if they were saved before that) and reinstalled REX textures again, there is an improvement but plane loading still slow.

Any help welcome, thanks

Chaf.

Any help welcome, thanks

As far as I know, PTA mod just modifies the same shader files as realism pack and performance between them should be the same. I don't think slow texture loading should be caused by changing the shaders. PTA just means that the existing textures are shaded differently.

Suggest defaulting the shader files (make sure that they are back to default), delete the shader cache and try again. If it is still happening, suspect it is because of something else not PTA.

Good luck.

EDIT: when you load up the sim the first time after the shader cache is rebuilt either by default or PTA, the screen will go blank while the shaders are rebuilt that is normal.

• Upvote 1

I had Realism Shadow pack installed and did not have any problems.
After installing the PTA pack, problem with texture started and P3d was running slow ( when selecting/loading plane at airport, it took a while before the plane appeared at the gate or runaway).
I tried reinstalling default from shadow pack ( not sure if they were saved before that) and reinstalled REX textures again, there is an improvement but plane loading still slow.

Same thing here.I got rid of pta, restored the backups, re installed everything with the realism shader pack and all is good again.

Good day!

RSP and PTA use same technique: modifying shaders code in sim. PTA also allows to add custom shaders like LumaSharpen, Sepia, etc.

When any shader modified/added, Prepar3D shaders cache need to be cleared to use these changes. After cache clears, sim will rebuild (compile) shaders code at next start, that takes quite a lot extra time (depends on hardware). 

Just give sim a time and whole scene should be build. Next start will takes ordinary time to draw.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have problem loading P3d, its starts fine now after reinstalling REX.

The only problem remaining is the loading of the plane when at airport ( runaway or gate), I can head the engine sound but it takes a while to see the plane ( same for PMDG 777, 737 or QW 757).

I did not have this problem before installing the PTA pack.

Any idea how to get back the defaults ?

Thanks for your help

The only problem remaining is the loading of the plane when at airport ( runaway or gate), I can head the engine sound but it takes a while to see the plane ( same for PMDG 777, 737 or QW 757).

Hi!

I think it's due to shader recompilataion after shaders cache was cleared by tool. Next time, if shaders not modified by tool, plane should appears as usual.

It almost seems that people are determined to ignore the fact that anytime you make changes in PTA it automatically deletes the shader files, and then when restarting P3D it takes a while to rebuild shaders. 

Again....anytime you make changes in PTA it automatically deletes shader files and then when restarting P3D it takes a while to rebuild shaders.

Screen goes black and then takes a while before you see anything and plane is last to be rebuilt.

Shaders themselves, once rebuilt, do not have capacity to make you lose frames.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

It almost seems that people are determined to ignore the fact that anytime you make changes in PTA it automatically deletes the shader files, and then when restarting P3D it takes a while to rebuild shaders.

Again....anytime you make changes in PTA it automatically deletes shader files and then when restarting P3D it takes a while to rebuild shaders.

Screen goes black and then takes a while before you see anything and plane is last to be rebuilt.

Shaders themselves, once rebuilt, do not have capacity to make you lose frames.

Wondered how long it would take for someone to say this. In a way it's one of the reasons why I've been banging the drum over finding an acceptable and straightforward way to restore the affected shader files to default condition before tweaks are applied. We can be so dismissive of those who don't have our experience which, in most cases, has taken years to cultivate. We should be encouraging newcomers to our hobby, folk who perhaps have only used the sim at a fairly basic level and have not yet delved into cultivating the dark arts of making modifications and the likely implications of so doing. Deleting the Shaders folder, which has become routine following shader modifications or driver updates, is a case in point. We know that it is necessary and we know what to expect. Others new to all this don't and, unfortunately, few take the time or trouble to do their own research which can prove irritating for the diehards who have seen the same explanations appearing time and again. We should be encouraging better practices rather than jumping down the throat of individuals who fall short of our expectations.

Jim has kindly taken the time to restate the explanation. I suggest anyone interested should Copy and Paste it for future reference....and bookmark this and any related threads.

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.