Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

C-130 for $51/

Well if nothing else, that's one good looking product inside out. I am not a captainsim customer but I've read a lot of posts about their products. Many are very negative, so I don't know if it will actually be an excellent addon...acurate and bug free...I am not a big fan of C130s after all. A maybe dumb question re. the title of the post: Do most C130s have FMC? If not, I can't really point my finger at captainsim for not putting one in their C130. And I don't believe the presence of a FMC is the sole element to decide the Addon's complexity hence its price.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Is a FMC the determining factor for payware software?What about Research and the hundreds of man hours put into creating the product?I know the prices are starting to become abit on the high side, but if the developer feels that he his/her product is worth the price tag due to the work involved in creating the product, then they have the right to do so. We as consumers have a choice:a). Purchase this product:(. Do Not Purchase the productc). Wait for Positive/Negative feedback, and then decide wether this is worth my investment, if the aircraft is one of interest to me.Just my Honest OpinionK_W

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Like a new car, for example.The prices for new cars and trucks are insane.And NO-ONE needs a New CarIt's all show.Sooo....the same applies:a)Buy oneb)Don't buy oneexcept this:c)Spend half that money on a 10 year-old car and the fixing/modifying of it.Just my Honest Opinion :D-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Well...discounting aging products is not big at all in the sim addon business. So how is it like buying new cars? :)

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

>Is a FMC the determining factor for payware software?>>What about Research and the hundreds of man hours put into>creating the product?>K_WNo it isn't a necessity but, if a software supplier spends money on a product to design it and, it has all, or as many functions as the wonderful PMDG 744 has, or more, he is at liberty to charge the same but, I am willing to bet bet the CS C-130 has not.Hold tight Captain Sim, your about to come in for an awful lot of stick.$51 for a C-17? well, now you are talking!How many will pay exorbitant prices for fossilized rubbish?Don't get me wrong, I love the Hercules but it ain't worth the price 'CS' is asking.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well then you justified your statement.So then in your case selection "(:(. Do Not Purchase"If an aircraft was not designed with an FMC why model it if you are trying to replicate a specific model. Customers OTOH can make modifications like we do in the real world to our own aircraft, be it commercial or GA aircraft.Happy Landings

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

"Now who exactly is kidding who here?"I thought the whole thing was a joke from the beginning personally!Unfortunately, I fear that shortly some will not be laughing. The inclusion of an FMC or the lack thereof may prove to be very academic regardless of real world realism. I sincerely hope that this fear has no merit and that this plane is the best thing we have ever seen (which I very much doubt).Happy Flying and best of luck.RTH

Well.. it's everyone choice but I will get this beauty for sure!:-hah and I can't wait for Blue Angels JATO version:-eek

Some of the C-130 knowledgeable folks can provide a CERTAIN answer because of their experience ...The C-130 to my knowledge does not have an FMS ... it is a relatively "oldish" aircraft, designed and build before the days of EFIS and modern avionics.This is not to say that NO Herc has an FMC as a retrofit, or NO Herc has EFIS ... I believe various countries military establishments have re-outfitted this incredible aircraft with more modern avionics as they have gone through heavy maintenance to extend the useful life of the aircraft.I have a great "Air Contractor's" Just Planes video where Air Contractors (a cargo airline based in Dublin, Ireland) uses (or used) Safair leased C130's to carry cargo for FedEx in Europe ... The two C130's that I saw in the video did not have EFIS or FMC ... but were outfitted with TCAS and GPS ... KLN-xxx type. Very awesome aircraft without a doubt ... great footage of approaches to Marseille and Liege ... if I recall.Cheers,Paul BenoitKSAN