Sign in to follow this  

Aerosoft EDDF V2 (FSX, P3D) release imminent

Aerosoft have released the official trailer for their new version of EDDF, which is already announced as "coming soon" on their website. There appears to be a 33% discount for owners of V1. Over at Aerosoft Forums a big talking point is that movable jetways of any kind will not be supported. The video looks rather splendid. Considering recent Aerosoft releases (Tegel, Prague, Split) had some problems with their release versions, I'll probably wait with purchasing until I see some reviews. But since it seems Flightbeam won't deliver a version of EDDF any time soon, this will be the only rendition of EDDF for quite some time I suppose.

Sweet. Already have Mega Frankfurt. looking forward to this.

Looks MASSIVE.

ZORAN

I hope performance is better than v1.

NAX669.png

Guest Mik75

Day 1 purchase for me, for sure! ;-)

Wow, impressive especially since the last time I flew out of EDDF was in 1970. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Mik75

It´s released! I am already downloading! ;-)

Does anybody know, how I can get rid of the old version (for FSX) that has been installed into P3D v3, using the migration tool?

Edit: Unregistering the MA Frankfurt and LC entry in the scenery library, and thereafter deleting the folders in the P3D/Aerosoft folder does the trick.

Now, let's see how the new one looks!!!

It is available now at Aerosoft website. There is a discount price for the owners of V1.

Edmundo Azevedo

Looking forward to VAS and FPS reports on this one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The Aerosoft guys posted screenshots in the preview forum for both fps and vas, numbers look very good. And there is talk of bringing movable jetways to p3d, aes support is there with latest aes version for fsx users.

After only seeing positive reviews I went ahead and bought it and did a flight from ESSA to EDDF in a LH A321 - frames were great throughout the approach and the visuals really were spot on. Absolutely great for such a huge airport! The only non-optimal thing I noticed was that Lufthansa Cargo was parking at the Gate rather than cargo ramp, while the DLH A380s didn't park at A+ Gates, but on the opposite side of the runways, which is a cargo area I believe. Some minor adjustments to the AFCAD should easily fix that though.

EDIT: The cargo planes parking at gates was an error of the MD11 parking codes in UT2, which were set to "DLH", I changed them to "GEC" (Lufthansa Cargo) now.

Just downloaded this today for FSX and, from a very quick test, VAS usage seems a little high running at 3.7GB with the default Baron. Will try it with adjusted settings tomorrow and with some different aircraft.

Bill

Just downloaded this today for FSX and, from a very quick test, VAS usage seems a little high running at 3.7GB with the default Baron. Will try it with adjusted settings tomorrow and with some different aircraft.

Bill

That's pretty high with just the default Baron and would surely OOM with a PMDG product , although person did it with the AS Airbus.

You running a lot of other VAS killers like ORBX Vector or HD clouds? That could explain the high VAS number.

Are the textures that come with this scenery 1024, 2048 or 4096?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's pretty high with just the default Baron and would surely OOM with a PMDG product , although person did it with the AS Airbus.

You running a lot of other VAS killers like ORBX Vector or HD clouds? That could explain the high VAS number.

Are the textures that come with this scenery 1024, 2048 or 4096?

When I install new scenery I usually test it using the default Baron which acts as a baseline for me and allows to compare the performance of the new addon with that of my 'home' airport (Eiresim EINN) which normally needs about 2.1GB VAS using the Baron.

I don't use Orbx Vector or any HD weather addons, but I do run Orbx OpenLC Europe and Aerosoft German Landmarks, although neither of these seem to cause sifnificant VAS issues with any of the many other German airport addons which I use. I am not sure what textures come with the scenery but they are described as 'high resolution' so I assume they are at least 2048.

I will play around with various settings later today and see if that makes any difference, but I note there is a LOT of discussion on the Aerosoft forums (which I should have read before updating Frankfurt!) regarding the VAS impact of this on both FSX and P3D and resultant OOMs. Unless Aerosoft come up with a fix, I fear I may have to revert to Frankfurt V1 which would be a shame as this is visually very impressive scenery.

Bill