Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Flight School Unlocked

Just click Play.

It will Complete Setup, Generate Scenery, databases etc.

all in less than 1 min.

FlightSchool8b8f6.png

Enjoy

..well mine crashes during step 3 directx install. whoohoo...

I've made two very short flights around KGYY while setting up and customizing the CH Yoke, pedals and buttons to my preferences.

I am very impressed with the level of detail in the Gary, Hammond, and Lansing areas.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It was already downloaded (almost four hours) and locked since two days ago. Now I am having to wait for over an hour (and twenty one minutes) to bring it to life.  :sad:

updating-DTG-Flight-School.jpg

I do not know if I liked it. The color (gama) was horrible but It served to kill the curiosity of what is to come later in the year (the new Flight Simulator). 

I do not know if I liked it. The color (gama) was horrible but It served to kill the curiosity of what is to come later in the year (the new Flight Simulator). 

I don't understand why they haven't been able to do something about the color palette and gamma. Skies are still an odd, unrealistic lavender color, clouds are not shaded right, and the ground is still too dark and muddy. There are obviously other issues too, like pop-in and blurred textures, but those are technical issues that we can expect to be solved. The color palette and gamma on the other hand, seems like just a weird intentional choice by their art director.

DTG should know what skies and terrain look like. Apart from what all the other flight sims are doing, their own train sims have better looking skies and clouds. Blue skies in daytime ought to be something of a minimum requirement in a flight sim, yes?

As a preview of what's coming in the full FS, it's not a good indication. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just an aberration, and they'll get serious about a more realistic look of the world outside the cockpit in the upcoming sim. I would like to buy another fly sim (in addition to the ones I already fly), but not if it looks like this.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I agree with you all, but I'm going to be positive as DTG is our only hope to bring a 64 FS. That said lets give them some room to evolve :smile:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Looks like a massive Thumbs down on Steam so far. I am not surprised!

Its horrible! Glad I only wasted $15

• Upvote 4

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Everything set to Ultra, not ideal for my ancient computer, but to show how it looks. 

Ha! So much for next gen FS. What a pile of BS!

Maybe you missed his "ancient computer" part. But the fact that it even runs on ultra settings at an acceptable level on modest hardware is much more than can be said about other sims. But you wouldn't care about those details, as long as you get another chance to bash what other people enjoy. Probably why some of your other repetitive posts got deleted for trolling by admins. 

• Upvote 4

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I've made two very short flights around KGYY while setting up and customizing the CH Yoke, pedals and buttons to my preferences.

I am very impressed with the level of detail in the Gary, Hammond, and Lansing areas.

Didn't know you resided near my hometown! Cool!

Some real pilots overhere to talk about the flight dinamics? It is been hard to land with flaps!

Looks like a massive Thumbs down on Steam so far. I am not surprised!

Good grief, are you still here?