Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Is there a way to tell RC what kind of aircraft you are?

I've heard it learn what kind of aircraft I am flying, but is there a way to tell it before you fly what kind of aircraft beyond turbo prop, heavy etc? Can I tell it someplace I'm flying a "Dash 8?"

on the main screen one of the buttons on the left allows you to select Jet, prop, turboprop etc as well as setting your call sign FYI the dash 8 is a turboprop.

sorry just re-read your post you already know where that change is made I'm not aware that it learns what type of aircraft you fly though

Edited by BrianT

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Hi,

No,no way for RC to know what the actual type of aircraft you are flying

ATC can call out the manufacturer's name or model if it is in the airline list above where you pick the type of aircraft if that is your goal. For example if you are flying a Cessna Skylane you can choose Skylane or for a Beechcraft Bonanza you can choose Bonanza. You then assign a flight number. It might read funny but sound OK.

The are also groups like the Blue Angels.

Note the speaker option to audition the audio. This in all in the General options tab of RC.

What is the standard response of RC regarding HOLD instruction?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

When it calls out to another aircraft to let them know that you're nearby it will say such and such MD11 climbing through such and such referring to you, it doesn't do it the first couple of times you fly the aircraft it just says " " for the aircraft type. Does that make sense?