Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24MAY16] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for X-Plane Update and Release Info!

Absolutely gorgeous!

WOW!

Thank You very much for this informative update here!

I usually wait a couple of patches before buying a complex aircraft but I guess this will be an exception...

I've been hearing some back-channel rumbling about intellectual property issues that makes me a bit nervous when it comes to that one.

OK, but didn't I hear some time back that Austin Meyer has the same problem with an intellectual property lawsuit relating to X-PLane?

OK, but didn't I hear some time back that Austin Meyer has the same problem with an intellectual property lawsuit relating to X-PLane?

Due to Patent Trolling...completely different (skip to 1:35):

Yes, that's John Oliver mocking the ridiculous state of affairs of patent abuse, using the claim on X-Plane as the example.

Always check facts first.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Day 1 purchase for me.  I just recently purchased your 737 NGX for P3D and I love it, although I must admit I am a huge X-Plane fan, and hope to one day purchase all your aircraft for X-Plane.  Good stuff and thank you for the news.

Any idea how multi-platform pricing will be handled with regards to XP10/FSX? I want it and it will likely be a day one purchase for me, but I want the DC-6 more for FSX. If this product follows PMDG pricing then I'm not sure I can justify buying it twice.

Always check facts first.

I see! :smile:

DiD you forget to tell us the price??

Peter Osborn

DiD you forget to tell us the price??

Nope. We don't usually provide one until it releases.

As a general rule of thumb, if we don't provide something, it wasn't an accident.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I'd hate to inform you, that this wont be a day 1 purchase for me! :(

I'm simply not home!  :P Going to Florida tomorrow, so once I get back home on the 6th, I PROMISE I'll buy it okay?!  :ph34r:  :Hug:

Hi,

Looking forward to this - Anyone got any links to where I can do some pre reading on how to fly her? Also, stupid question, but I hope there is a tutorial otherwise I my not even get to the runway :-) Too much flying automated jets.

Roll on 1June

Adam Rogerson

FlyUK 1666 

As a general rule of thumb, if we don't provide something, it wasn't an accident.

A little tongue in cheek here but since visual rain/icing effects were not provided/mentioned anywhere.. I take it they are not modeled? :wink:

(I do see that carb icing is modeled. Great!)

Looking forward to this - Anyone got any links to where I can do some pre reading on how to fly her?

Here's some info about our study aircraft:

http://www.nca.com.na/

There are some great articles about flying with radials here (this is specifically for the DC-3, but the concepts still apply except for obvious ones like landing technique, as this is tricycle, and the 3 is conventional):

http://www.douglasdc3.com/sohn/warbird.htm

...specifically:

http://www.douglasdc3.com/sohn/3.htm

^Note his reference to the BMEP gauge, which will make your life easier and is included in the DC-6. Basically, all of the rules of thumb about ensuring you have positive thrust are unnecessary due to the ability to see BMEP as a positive value. Ideally you'd keep it above 0, but in the DC-6, the low end is 60, so above that.

Descents will be tough.

I'll say it again: if you're interested in operating by the book, descents will be tough. If you're an FSX convert and have the NGX (specifically the 800), that was nothing...

Also, stupid question, but I hope there is a tutorial otherwise I my not even get to the runway :-) Too much flying automated jets.

A tutorial will be included, yes.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Looking forward to this - Anyone got any links to where I can do some pre reading on how to fly her? Also, stupid question, but I hope there is a tutorial otherwise I my not even get to the runway :-) Too much flying automated jets.

Roll on 1June

Adam Rogerson

FlyUK 1666

I'd also like some recommendations as to where to find some documentation, I can see some flight manuals dotted around the internet but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction before I part with my money :-)