Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

PMDG DC-6 Release info

Anyway, make your case, if it makes you feel better.

Just because we belong to a minority does not mean we are not allowed to have an opinion and comment on it.

• Upvote 2

Just because we belong to a minority does not mean we are not allowed to have an opinion and comment on it.

Absolutely, it also doesn't make you entitled to any product regardless of what your opinion is.

• Upvote 7

I think this will save Xplane, as its the 1st study sim plane for Xplane which will draw a lot of simmers.

You don't know what you are talking about! I bet you are one of those people who own but never used XP! 

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Well developing on Linux could have surely saved them development time. I develop on Ubuntu and it almost magically works on the other os.  :wub:  Because I automatically adhere to open standards. Within my ~10'000 codelines only around ~15 are with os specific changes. :dance:

I can lively imagine the Pmdg dev. to receive a Mac from their boss. He probably pulled his hair one week to replace Windows specific code and desperate said: No, for 3% I won't go through such again.

I can lively imagine the Pmdg dev. to receive a Mac from their boss. He probably pulled his hair one week to replace Windows specific code and desperate said: No, for 3% I won't go through such again.

Must be the reason for Mac version being cheaper :wink:

2z730jq.png

Regards,

Radek

I guess Soon™ belongs to PMDG :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I just tried to buy the DC-6, but how much does it really cost??? It looks like they stuck with the 12 million price all through the transaction; it was over my card's limit so no sale!!!! Ridiculous...

Donald

I just tried to buy the DC-6, but how much does it really cost??? It looks like they stuck with the 12 million price all through the transaction; it was over my card's limit so no sale!!!! Ridiculous...

Donald

It's not available yet obviously. Why would you even try to buy it?

Then why does their site say this:

The ultimate simulation of the a Magnificent Douglas Classic, the DC-6 Cloudmaster is now available in Laminar Research's X-Plane 10 on Windows! 

And there is nothing stopping anyone from placing it in their cart and attempting checkout. Clear as mud if you ask me, I bet I wasn't the only one to think it was released after Frooglesim's video.

DOnald

They have the 12 Million for each product that is not released yet.  It is so that they can test their store and download system and so that people can see that it is going to get released soon

Absolutely, it also doesn't make you entitled to any product regardless of what your opinion is.

No of course not, you're only entitled to a product when you pay for it. If PMDG offered a linux version for a higher price statistics show that they would probably make almost the same in sales as Mac OSX. (We're willing to spend more for the same thing): http://cheesetalks.net/humble/

It's amazing that you think somebody expressing their disappointment at the lack of linux support makes them 'entitled'. Really, truly astounding how condescending some people here can be. 

• Upvote 3

If PMDG offered a linux version for a higher price statistics show that they would probably make almost the same in sales as Mac OSX. (We're willing to spend more for the same thing): http://cheesetalks.net/humble/

Laminar released their platform statistics some time ago. MAC represents 35% of the total base while linux 1%. No matter how much you price a linux product for xplane and assuming the users are willing to pay for it, it will not be anywhere close to mac.

Manuel Merelles