Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

PMDG DC-6 Release info

Any word on price? Its release day :)

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

It's amazing that you think somebody expressing their disappointment at the lack of linux support makes them 'entitled'. Really, truly astounding how condescending some people here can be. 

It's always the way they say it.  Usually a derogatory statement about the developer, hidden within their written thoughts on the subject.  It's never.......... "nice product, wish we could have one for linux, but it's understandable."   

• Upvote 1

It's always the way they say it.  Usually a derogatory statement about the developer, hidden within their written thoughts on the subject.  It's never.......... "nice product, wish we could have one for linux, but it's understandable."   

To be fair not all of them do that but enough do that it's grating. "Oh well I guess I won't be supporting X dev because they won't develop for my niche OS." I appreciate Linux and everything but you knew exactly what you where getting into. 

No of course not, you're only entitled to a product when you pay for it. If PMDG offered a linux version for a higher price statistics show that they would probably make almost the same in sales as Mac OSX. (We're willing to spend more for the same thing): http://cheesetalks.net/humble/

Look for Hardware Stats and unless linux users pay 700 dollars and mac users pay 70 dollars,  you wont get the same sales :D

X-Plane_2015_infographic.png

MAC represents 35% of the total base while linux 1%

Yea Linux was 3%. Personally I don't give much on that as it only counts update button hits. I look more at Valve and such statistics.

Also I have all planes that I would ever have bought working on Ubuntu. If some companies think that Linux is below their level, never mind. See my previous posting.

Yea Linux was 3%. Personally I don't give much on that as it only counts update button hits. I look more at Valve and such statistics.

Also I have all planes that I would ever have bought working on Ubuntu. If some companies think that Linux is below their level, never mind. See my previous posting.

Honestly I would be surprised if the DC-6 didn't work in Linux. Not officially supported of course.

• Upvote 1

Look for Hardware Stats and unless linux users pay 700 dollars and mac users pay 70 dollars,  you wont get the same sales :D

Point noted. Although it is interesting how different this is to the humble bundle, and steam usage statistics, which put linux and mac much closer to each other (and much much smaller in comparison with windows).

If some companies think that Linux is below their level, never mind. See my previous posting.

I think you're digging yourself a bit of a hole there mate.

To be fair not all of them do that but enough do that it's grating. "Oh well I guess I won't be supporting X dev because they won't develop for my niche OS." I appreciate Linux and everything but you knew exactly what you where getting into. 

I get the feeling you guys don't have the best intentions, please, no one wants to start a flame war here. If I do move to windows at some point again I'll certainly buy this aircraft it looks fantastic, and the systems depth it apparently has, certainly appeals to me, and probably would to many other linux users. I'm not purposely boycotting PMDG out of some sort of uninformed belief that they are linux haters or something. far out. Anyway there's always the chance that if we ask nicely, they might give a statement on whether or not they are planning to take the product in that direction.

It will be interesting to watch youtube videos of you guys flying it and seeing how in depth they've really taken it. Haven't seen any videos yet of people flying it or starting it completely manually, does anyone know of one?

• Upvote 2

Point noted. Although it is interesting how different this is to the humble bundle, and steam usage statistics, which put linux and mac much closer to each other (and much much smaller in comparison with windows).

Probably due to the fact that XP remains the only sim available on mac and it was for a very long time developed exclusively on it.

Honestly I would be surprised if the DC-6 didn't work in Linux. Not officially supported of course.

Kyle stated that there're no external plugins because all is developed in-house, this mean that they compiled their own code and if Linux is not supported I assume that there's no working Linux version.

Damn plane already went on sale...new price $11,999,999.97...glad I didnt fork out the original 12....

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Damn plane already went on sale...new price $11,999,999.97...glad I didnt fork out the original 12....

I knew I had to wait...

Looks like it's not going to be released on 1 June in Europe...

Regards,

Radek