Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys,

I thought I ask about this. I know the JS41 is an old release and seeing updates on this is doubtful, but a question never hurt anyone (unless you're a candidate to the presidential office or a Miss pageant contender :)))) ).

So, would we ever see the weather radar working in the JS41, now that ASN is providing the right information? Also, between the B737, B777, MD-11 and the B747, the JS41 is the most aircraft that really acts out to weather.

Thank you,

Adrian

If you haven't already, do a quick search for radar on this forum and you'll find a couple of ideas.

Try reallityXP WXR500. This will be my next purchase. If it works, I'll let you know.

You're right, there is no harm asking the question. You never know, if asked enough times the js41 might get some attention. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

My WX radar gauge actually works fine in the JS41 with ASN.

The gauge library link to download is my signature.

>>>> See here in the related thread as a start point for the JS41 integration.

And remember the VC coordinates depend on which VC you are using: high res or low res.

Hope this helps.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Thanks for that Roland.

A couple of questions you might be able to help with.

I see it works with ASN, how about FS global real weather? 

Also will it work alongside FS2Crew, which also uses the weather gauge?

Cheers

Yep, just discovered the game crashes when you try it.

Thanks again

Hi All,

I just confirm: roland's radar is excellent and fits into the J41 panel perfectly!

Cheers,

Tamas

So, would we ever see the weather radar working in the JS41, now that ASN is providing the right information?

I see it works with ASN, how about FS global real weather? 

Also will it work alongside FS2Crew, which also uses the weather gauge?

RealityXP's WX500 is already in the panel.cfg so if you install it then it appears in the virtual cockpit. Alternatively Captain Sim's weather radar can be fitted with some simple adjusts to the panel.cfg. Both of those products cost money. I don't believe FS2Crew will use any weather radar in the J41.

Please note that both of these weather radars are NOT accurate because they cannot detect precipitation like a real radar; instead they look at where the clouds are roughly and guess where it might be raining. They're basically just eye candy. Only Roland Herblot's gauge is truly accurate because it uses ActiveSky Next (ASN) API so it truly knows where precipitation is (and is also freeware), although you must have ASN installed first.

790065Sanstitre1.jpg

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg