Hi 

When I manipulate the cowl flap switches, I see no fluctuation in engine temperatures. Nor can I actually see any cowl flaps moving.

Are the switches just for show ? or should they be functional?

Hi 

When I manipulate the cowl flap switches, I see no fluctuation in engine temperatures. Nor can I actually see any cowl flaps moving.

Are the switches just for show ? or should they be functional?

I think some mod was sorted out on the latest version.

just checked, the cowl flaps do now move and the cht does also change. the analogue gauge appears to respond better than the digital gauge. The readouts are c and f.

edit. The cht doesn't appear to get anyway near the red indicator.

bob

Those engines (ones on the 500S) are very reliable and easy for beginners pilots, they're not supercharged, I flew an shrike and a 680F, the engines on the 680... God they need to be treated carefully and with love cos the temps can get high if you don't are familiar with the plane those are turbocharged and very delicate to abruptlys changes on the power or mixture. In the shrike don't worry at all.... For that!!

Redgards

RB

I found if you setup the GTN 750 exe the cowl flaps on my airplane do mot work.  You hear the sounds of them opening and closing but when you look at an exterior view there is no change.  When I went back to the original GNS530 configuration  the cowl flaps work great.  Not sure if I am the only one or if this is the case for all.

You have to click the toggle switch about 8 times on each side to get them to open all the way. Doing it only once will not open them very far.

Have assigned cowl flaps open and close to a rocker switch on my Saitek Quadrant and they have worked perfectly since V1.0

I've also assigned cowl flaps to physical switchs on my Saitek Quadrant.
When I use these physical switches the flaps open and close fine, but the open/close sound doesn't play.
If I use the switch in the VC the flaps open and close and the sound does play.

Thanks.  I also have them assigned to a rocker also.  I guess I will do the GTN again and see what happens with the quadrant switch. I was thinking one click of the toggle on the panel opened them up.  I'll giver it a try.

Thanks

Bigsky10