Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Views on JAR A330 vs IXEG 737

Hi,

For my next airliner purchase for X-Plane, I'm undecided between the JAR Design A330 and the IXEG 737.  Would love to hear views from those that own both / either.

Mission is not a factor, as I equally enjoy short and long haul flying.

Thanks

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I own both and they are both worth the purchase if you ask me. That being said, if I could keep only one,  I would stick with the IXEG without a doubt. Even with it's teething troubles and the missing features which the guys are planing to add after v1, it just feels more complete and immersive.

Making the choice between the FF 767 and the IXEG would be much harder for me.

But don't get me wrong, the A330 is an absolute fun to fly, especially with the addon sound pack from Blue Sky Star. The systems modeling might not be on par with the 737 or 767, but they are good enough to not let it feel like a toy or light-weight addon.

In my opinion It's the best overall package for an Airbus in X-Plane at the moment.

I own both and if I were to choose only one, it would be the IXEG, which in my and many others opinion, is the best ac-addon for XP period. That being said, I still love the JAR330 with the addonsounds from BSS, and to me, these two addons gives me the best of Boeing and Airbus. I also own the FF757 and JAR320, but after getting the IXEG and A330, those are rearly touched.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Thanks guys!

I must admit that I really fancy an Airbus in X-Plane, but the IXEG 737 does seem like something special, so I think it will probably win the day.

Is the JAR A320 significantly not as good as their (newer) A330 ?

Thanks.

PS... I have the FF 767 and agree it's wonderful, but I wish Blue Star would release a sound pack for it, as I find the engine sounds a little 'thin'.

Bill

Save your money for something else. A330 was my first plane I've bought for Xplane and I was (and still I'm so dissapointed). Strange flight characteristic after take off, FMC is crap and many more. Personaly I think this plane should be somewhere between 25 - 35 Euros (and still I wouldn't buy it again). 

Definitely IXEG 737 is much better. It's fun to fly and it's very friendly to FPS. The most complex airliner (for me) is FF B767, but I fly only with IXEG recently.

• Upvote 1

The Jar320 and Jar330 are very much alike, but (without showing any numbers) my feeling is that the 330 has better framerate, its newer, it looks a little better, but systemwise, they are very similar(I know there's a discussion on the 320 fbw-system and that it is not on par with the newer 330, but the dev has promised an updated fbw similar to the 330 in a future update). Depending on your flyingstyle(long/short hauls), I probably would chose the 320 for short hauls and 330 for medium/long. I know you have the FF767, so that might be a factor chosing a smaller plane for your next purchase. Either way, just be sure to get the BSS sound:-) And after that, next thing you should consider is the Rotate MD80:-) ...and, oh, yeah, the upcoming PMDG DC6:-)

PS: I'm not into failures so I never pay attention to those factors just as an FYI

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

OBVIOUSLY it's a no brainer, ixeg WINS BIGTIME over the bloody lot of them, even the 767, I have em all and I have been flight simming for 20 years, nothing comes close to ixeg, nothing. Whoever brings out a new aircraft now have got their work cut out. I even think ixeg are a step ahead of pmdg, I really do but I know people will disagree.

Regards

Paul EGCC

• Upvote 3

Regards

Paul EGCC

OBVIOUSLY it's a no brainer, ixeg WINS BIGTIME over the bloody lot of them, even the 767, I have em all and I have been flight simming for 20 years, nothing comes close to ixeg, nothing. Whoever brings out a new aircraft now have got their work cut out. I even think ixeg are a step ahead of pmdg, I really do but I know people will disagree.

Regards

Paul EGCC

The sounds and immersion on IXEG are impressive.. did not think this was possible with a flight sim. Just watch the PFDs flicker when switching the bus :)

Stefan Ticusan

It's not really much of a competition, the IXEG is far away the better option. I'm still puzzled as to how the A320 is the most used add-on for XP.

• Upvote 1

Another vote for the IXEG 737! I do also have the A320 but haven't used it much. It's a nice looking visual model, but I don't know what it is I just feel like it's lacking somewhat, and I don't really care much for the added bits like the crew announcements and copilot constantly moaning about the temperature of the cockpit. The 733 though is without doubt one of the most immersive aircraft out there for any sim.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

These two don't compare, it is like comparing a bicycle with a motorcycle. JAR airbuses (and so is Aerosoft's FSX one) are generic addons, far, far, far inferior to some famous developments including IXEG 737.

If you want to fly Airbus then you buy JAR/Asoft, but if the choice between JAR and IXEG... there shouldn't be any choice, motorcycle is better than bicycle.

Desperately wanting the FSLabs Airbus...

• Upvote 1

Desperately wanting the FSLabs Airbus...

Yes this!

I know it's not X-Plane, but if you have both sims I would say get the IXEG for X-Plane and wait for the FSLabs Airbus for FSX, for the best of both worlds!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Thanks guys,

Well firstly, I bought the IXEG737 - and I am absolutely blown away by this aircraft!!!..... It is just staggeringly immersive, and I have never seen such a well modelled and well textured VC.   It does truly beat PMDG in that regard.   I absolutely love that they've provided custom key/joystick assignments for all the custom functions (unlike the JAR A320; see below!).    It surpasses the already fantastic FF767, although having both in the hangar is just a real joy.

So.... I also decided to quench my X-Plane Airbus craving, and bought the JAR A320.  I am very disappointed with it.   The texturing in the VC is poor (especially text).   The pop-up config utility looks like it's from FS2000.  The sounds are poor, and none of the MCP functions are custom assignable to keys (and aren't binded to the default XP10 key assignments).  Flying the sidestick with your left hand (I'm left-handed) and then trying to reach over with the mouse to turn on the AP is a real pain.  The plane feels 'wonky' to fly, is far tougher on frames than the IXEG 737, and well, I've removed the A320 already - I'll just never fly it.

So I was very disappointed about the JAR A320 but the joy from the IXEG 737 has more than made up for it.  :smile:

The Saab 340 and Embraer 110 are next on my list.

• Upvote 2

Bill

Thanks guys,

Well firstly, I bought the IXEG737 - and I am absolutely blown away by this aircraft!!!..... It is just staggeringly immersive, and I have never seen such a well modelled and well textured VC.   It does truly beat PMDG in that regard.   I absolutely love that they've provided custom key/joystick assignments for all the custom functions (unlike the JAR A320; see below!).    It surpasses the already fantastic FF767, although having both in the hangar is just a real joy.

So.... I also decided to quench my X-Plane Airbus craving, and bought the JAR A320.  I am very disappointed with it.   The texturing in the VC is poor (especially text).   The pop-up config utility looks like it's from FS2000.  The sounds are poor, and none of the MCP functions are custom assignable to keys (and aren't binded to the default XP10 key assignments).  Flying the sidestick with your left hand (I'm left-handed) and then trying to reach over with the mouse to turn on the AP is a real pain.  The plane feels 'wonky' to fly, is far tougher on frames than the IXEG 737, and well, I've removed the A320 already - I'll just never fly it.

So I was very disappointed about the JAR A320 but the joy from the IXEG 737 has more than made up for it.  :smile:

The Saab 340 and Embraer 110 are next on my list.

So you asked for advice which one you should buy and clearly everyone or most advised the IXEG as well as I would have done because JAR is mediocre at best and you still went ahead and bought the JAR en now you deleted it already :)  Well out of the next 2 you want to buy I would go for the Saab 340 if you like systems depth but the Emraer is also not too bad.

• Upvote 1