Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I just found my ALL-TIME favorite VFR/IFR aircraft!

UK TV star Carol Vorderman is planning a round the world solo flight for charity in a DA42.

Channel 4 TV are making a 3 part programme following her adventure.

Looking forward to that and hopefully following her route in this really nice aircraft.

I'm following this plane, for live coverage and 'histronics' as well, now.  Really getting into this sled.  Unique that it uses desiel fuel..and can get trimmed to as low as 2.2 gallons per hour...wow....and now am pouring over the printed G1000 manual.  Amazing how in-depth this beast is....page after page that can be brought up, for input...wow.

http://glasspilot.com/page/2/?s=DA42

https://www.google.com/search?q=Diamond+DA42&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1hKvJ_vfMAhVHxoMKHeqIAUQQiR4IfQ&biw=1536&bih=860&safe=vss

DA42 Groupie

Definitely a nice rendition of a DA42.

Lol! I was wondering why three posts had referred to it as the DX-42 :smile:   (wondered if it was a new version).

Beautiful pics Mitch!    I have owned the V1 since release - one of Alabeo's finest.   I'll have to get the new V2 downloaded.  Good that Carenado/Alabeo are working on these V2s.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Lol! I was wondering why three posts had referred to it as the DX-42 :smile:   (wondered if it was a new version).

Beautiful pics Mitch!    I have owned the V1 since release - one of Alabeo's finest.   I'll have to get the new V2 downloaded.  Good that Carenado/Alabeo are working on these V2s.

Yes..sorry 'bout that...missed that typo....DA42 is correct  Doh!

I just tried it out in FSX DX10, P3D v2.4...and of course all these pics were taken with P3D v3.2.3.

It works great in all of them.

I am hooked on it...the view, the G1000....the whole deal.  I have a few planes for sale...if you are interested. I have to pay for this thing...lol.

This plane ROCKS!

I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (stick)

Here's some more...Lamar..and yes..it handles like a dream...

...and away my friend and I go....out of  someplace in Oz.....

Fantastic Mitch, I'm going to put one in my hanger !!

Edited by Jim Young
Removed excessive pictures in quote as they are not needed to respond to someone and it makes it easier for members without fast connections to view the topics.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Fantastic Mitch, I'm going to put one in my hanger !!

Well..think  very carefully about that, Lamar...for you might soon have a plane auction at your hangar...LOLOLOLOL.

I warned you.....

I'm presently in a flight over Quebec...near Quebec City....you couldn't pull  me outta this aircraft.... :hi:

Carol Vorderman... and a gorgeous aeroplane... at the same time.. together... and SHE's flying it? TOO MUCH FOR MORTAL MAN! (Well, me anyway!)  :dance:  :Whistle:  :Whistle:

.you couldn't pull  me outta this aircraft.... :hi:

You've got to refuel sometime....  :Devil:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Carol Vorderman... and a gorgeous aeroplane... at the same time.. together... and SHE's flying it? TOO MUCH FOR MORTAL MAN! (Well, me anyway!)  :dance:  :Whistle:  :Whistle:

You've got to refuel sometime....  :Devil:

oh..that.....you're right...what a bother!  :P

...but then again...this gal merely sips her fuel.....

• Upvote 1

A real nice looking AC very nicely captured Mitch.

Is it a speedy bird, or more suited for a bit of low & slow?. It looks sleek and fast, but looks can be deceptive.

A real nice looking AC very nicely captures Mitch.

Is it a speedy bird, or more suited for a bit of low & slow?. It looks sleek and fast, but looks can be deceptive.

She can do 192 knots...under best conditions.

Once you are at cruise, those twins will get you there.   The actual 'problem'...now is...that I am spoiled rotten with a 200 degree unobstructed view of atmospherics and ground rendering.  Going back to one of my window-frame cabins....well...it sorta sucked.  With that DA42 clam-shell, you feel you are one with the sky....very seducing, Novation.

Mitch

• Upvote 2

Wow! Fantastic shots indeed Mitch!

Thought you might like to compare with a shot from me old days of FSX:

ss_steve_waite_18_b.jpg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Wow! Fantastic shots indeed Mitch!

Thought you might like to compare with a shot from me old days of FSX:

It looks great, Steve...I mean...how can someone NOT love this plane?

The plane takes you up...above the clouds where you want to be...and how so much better, if there is no metal bands..to 'remind' you that you are still within it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, between the Garmin 1000 flight instrument suite, the 200 degree view, FADEC management....fuel-to-last....it certainly has everything that I ever wanted in a flight simulator aircraft, for G.A.

I am wondering at myself, how I missed this one....until a day ago...

Cheers,

Mitch

Edited by Jim Young

very seducing, Novation.

When I have a bit spare she'll be mine ;)

Looks nice but I really am disappointed by how they missed some obvious operational items.  The runup is not modelled at all, were you press the 2 buttons and the FADEC takes care of it for you.  I would guess the rest of the FADEC modelling is rather suspect as well.  

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

The Diamond aircrafts could have been better (in real  world) if they had not put that stick in the crotch area. They should have stuck it as a side stick instead.

I have flown the D20...  This is not an aerobatic aircraft like the Decathlon.. .so not sure what the need is for that stic kand rudder theme.

Personally I hate side sticks. It's like they built the entire cockpit, and then they realized - Hey, we forgot to put something there to actually control the plane. Oh, here's some empty space on the side, we'll just squeeze the stick shift from the boss's BMW in there as a joystick.

Airplane controls should be in a central area, not as an afterthought.

All IMO :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Personally I hate side sticks. It's like they built the entire cockpit, and then they realized - Hey, we forgot to put something there to actually control the plane. Oh, here's some empty space on the side, we'll just squeeze the stick shift from the boss's BMW in there as a joystick.

Airplane controls should be in a central area, not as an afterthought.

All IMO :)

I agree.  Stick between your legs, or yoke out in front of you......always found the Airbus too weird....especially for the co-pilot...

Not that you touch the actual DA42 stick...but seeing it there....centralizes you.

When I have a bit spare she'll be mine ;)

Diamond Industries thanks you... :)

Enjoy your maiden flight.....and it looks and handles great in P3D v2.4 as well!

The installer will give you FSX,  P3D v2.x and P3D v3.x for your installation target.

You need an active internet connection to install....