Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I just found my ALL-TIME favorite VFR/IFR aircraft!

The Alabeo DX42 Twin Star

What a beaut!  Simply..a beaut, in all ways...inside the cockpit, outside the cockpit...

..and that this is a bubble-type clam-shell canopy...there is nothing to compare the panoramic view from the cockpit.  Unreal!

Wonderful flight instruments,

I am loving this plane...and now it will replace my C377 as my all-time, go to, for VFR/IFR cross-country flights

Just came out...v2.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_5_25_11_3_51_701.png

2016_5_25_11_3_56_992.png

2016_5_25_11_4_0_538.png

2016_5_25_11_4_7_107.png

2016_5_25_11_5_11_883.png

2016_5_25_11_5_58_391.png

2016_5_25_11_6_11_532.png

2016_5_25_11_6_47_478.png

• Upvote 1

GREAT !  But please be careful on those water landings, Mitch :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Great pics Mitch, but it is so sad to see you are replacing the beloved C377.  The DX42 looks tempting though..

• Upvote 1

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

GREAT !  But please be careful on those water landings, Mitch :Tounge:

Still have the StationAir 6 for that, lol.

Great pics Mitch, but it is so sad to see you are replacing the beloved C377.  The DX42 looks tempting though..

Oh..that will still be flown, Carl...

but this...this plane is the Cat's A**!   If you like your virtual world as close to full output as you can get your system to render...the view out the cockpit...is top notch, no window frames, nothing but that gorgeous view before the leading edge of the wing....

Fully modern instrumentation....the whole thing is a winner...

She is a beautiful airplane to fly, and to view.  I love how they swept the tail so drastically from the back of the cabin.  A very interesting air-frame.

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

It comes highly recommended!

Very similar to this:-

But in a modernised T-tail way ;)

Mark, your  cabin still has window frames, etc...as do my others.  The clam-shell lift up on the DX 42....is totally 180 degree rubber-neck panoramic.  This plane is drop dead gorgeous when you go into a left or right bank...I'm having a BLAST!  With the length of those wings...there is high loft.... :)))))))

...and this plane runs on Diesel, or Bio-Fuel.......2.4 gallons per hour at econo-cruise...WOW!

Mitch

Edited by Jim Young
Removed copyrighted photo as it violates the AVSIM copyright rules

Mark, your  cabin still has window frames, etc...

Lol. I know that's why I said the DX42 is a modernised T-tail version of the Beagle Bassett....kind of. Just the overall shape jumped out at me and said Bassett.

Happy Flying!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Lol. I know that's why I said the DX42 is a modernised T-tail version of the Beagle Bassett....kind of. Just the overall shape jumped out at me and said Bassett.

Happy Flying!

Right...:)

If you pick this up...you won't be wanting to return it to the factory....nope....

Thanks...now back to AussieLand for some great VFR....I have to read up on the G1000 to fully utilize all its features. The plane comes with all the pertinent manuals....

Cheers,

Mitch'er

• Upvote 1

It's a beauty Mitch, the long wings makes it fly like a dream I bet. Do you fly it with a stick or Yoke?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Definitely a nice rendition of a DA42. Very clean and smooth.  I noticed Alabeo's XP port of this just came out, I'm very curious to hear from anyone that may of taken the plunge on it.  I never did pick this one up for FSX because of the glass; I might be willing to in XP, however.

I'm rather partial to flying the DA20 in the sim. Same clean peerless view, even a bit more so since there's no engines on the wings. Not as fast, however. I've logged more hours in the Aerosoft / Marcel Felde DA20 4x than in all my other sim aircraft combined...

Anyhow, very nice pics.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Definitely a nice rendition of a DA42. Very clean and smooth.  I noticed Alabeo's XP port of this just came out, I'm very curious to hear from anyone that may of taken the plunge on it.  I never did pick this one up for FSX because of the glass; I might be willing to in XP, however.

I'm rather partial to flying the DA20 in the sim. Same clean peerless view, even a bit more so since there's no engines on the wings. Not as fast, however. I've logged more hours in the Aerosoft / Marcel Felde DA20 4x than in all my other sim aircraft combined...

Anyhow, very nice pics.

About those engines on the wings...that's what I have always loved about twins...the look of them...and seeing them in operation.  Now...with the clam-shell canopy...I have the best of both worlds. My P.O.V. favorite, is looking down just ahead of the left leading edge...totally immersive.  The sound package is totally adequate for immersion as well.

So very glad that I decided to drop the coin.  I saw the email about it now available for XP...but honestly, half of the blast, is operating in an environment that still dominates the virtual world...that being FSX/P3D.  

Cheers,

Ses

Posted Today, 01:56 PM

vcarlo, on 25 May 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

GREAT !  But please be careful on those water landings, Mitch

Still have the StationAir 6 for that, lol.

I hear ya Mitch... Great pics ... you have sold me on the aircraft... BUT I think I would prefer to pick up Eaglesoft's version.  I would think Eaglesoft's avionics are fantastic, not to mention a 30 day guarantee. :smile:  

WAT1460.png

Very nice images, Ses. 

For the same reason that all of my vehicles have manual transmissions (two cars and a motorcycle) I'm not sure that I could ever completely warm up to a FADEC piston plane.  Like modern automagic transmissions, I know it's a better, more efficient, etc, etc.. system, but I like being "in the loop" when it comes to doing engine management.  On a light jet flown single pilot - yeah, FADEC all the way, as things just happen too fast to be worrying about engine management, but for a relatively slow light twin like this, I'm afraid that I'd be looking for things to do.  :-)

Still, you can't beat the view!

Scott

The Diamond aircrafts could have been better (in real  world) if they had not put that stick in the crotch area. They should have stuck it as a side stick instead.

I have flown the D20...  This is not an aerobatic aircraft like the Decathlon.. .so not sure what the need is for that stic kand rudder theme.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

UK TV star Carol Vorderman is planning a round the world solo flight for charity in a DA42.

Channel 4 TV are making a 3 part programme following her adventure.

Looking forward to that and hopefully following her route in this really nice aircraft.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.