Sign in to follow this  

Milviz and Aerosoft Involved with Aerofly FS2?

I am going to repost this video which appears in another thread because the reviewer stated that the Airbus and the 737 in Aerofly FS2 where ported over from Aerosoft and Milviz respectively!!!!

https://youtu.be/vz-ZqtAR8Bg?t=12m10s

What does this mean? If two very well established FS developers already have a hand in this I suspect this may be the start of something worth of the community support. I understand there will be an SDK for this simulator. This means 3 completely different sims, not just different competing version of the same old simulator.

FYI I bought it and I'll buy into it. Remember this is also early access. I'll have to go get my Sidewinder out to the box this week end and make a AeroflyFS 2 gliding video. There is a an ASG29 Woohoo! I suspect it will be worth the $60 for that alone.

Several sources reported that they bought something like 8 aircraft from Milviz. I have no official confirmation, though.

Ok, I see. It would probably a good idea for them to have a forum on AVSIM. :-)

And I'd venture to guess the scenery was purchased from MSE as it looks VERY similar ... but there again, they could just be using the same source outlets for images.

IMHO, Aerofly FS2 is what DTG should have been aiming for and not use FSX/ESP code base ... but who knows, perhaps DTG have plans to somehow incorporate Train Sim into the Flight Sim world as I thought Train Sim used a large chunk of ESP code as it's engine?

I hope Aerofly succeed as they have certainly shown off what 64bit can do for LOD distances by providing what I find the most convincing visuals to date when it comes to distance rendering and atmosphere (at least during the day).  But Aerofly still have MUCH to do and I hope they don't get stuck in the "time warp" of snails pace development which would forever put their product in "almost done" state.

Anyway, I've supported Aerofly with my wallet, I hope others do ... but I'm well aware my support might go no where but I've paid more for a single 3rd party aircraft that went no where in P3D.

Wouldn't it be nice if LR, LM, Aerofly, DTG all combined forces to produce a new simulator from scratch?  :)  ... and then I woke up ... 

Cheers, Rob.

And I'd venture to guess the scenery was purchased from MSE as it looks VERY similar ... but there again, they could just be using the same source outlets for images.

IMHO, Aerofly FS2 is what DTG should have been aiming for and not use FSX/ESP code base ... but who knows, perhaps DTG have plans to somehow incorporate Train Sim into the Flight Sim world as I thought Train Sim used a large chunk of ESP code as it's engine?

I hope Aerofly succeed as they have certainly shown off what 64bit can do for LOD distances by providing what I find the most convincing visuals to date when it comes to distance rendering and atmosphere (at least during the day).  But Aerofly still have MUCH to do and I hope they don't get stuck in the "time warp" of snails pace development which would forever put their product in "almost done" state.

Anyway, I've supported Aerofly with my wallet, I hope others do ... but I'm well aware my support might go no where but I've paid more for a single 3rd party aircraft that went no where in P3D.

Wouldn't it be nice if LR, LM, Aerofly, DTG all combined forces to produce a new simulator from scratch?  :)  ... and then I woke up ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Could not agree more on your comments Rob.

Meanwhile while all this gets sorted- I'll be waiting patiently for Rockstar Games to produce a flight sim.. GTA V is beyond incredible.

hahahaa! yes...

i feel the same way about ATC addons..we have now 4 or so packages all that have various degrees of being supported or not supported and none of them really do everything right..

same with airplanes... i wish all the plane guys would just license the engine tech from A2A and the avionics/FDE from majestic.. or the sim makers would just license that stuff and make it standard so that anyone could use it..

...let the ASN/opus/fsgrw people design the weather system instead of giving them a mediocre base to try and enhance..

on one hand, competition is ostensibly a good thing because it pushes all of these folks to improve and one-up eachother ...but a fragmented market with lots of sims and addons that only work on one or another (or that have to be supported for multiple platforms) seems to just add to the workload for everyone involved..

cheers

-andy crosby

I think our flightsim hobby has become a bit of a mess.

None have any future. Performance can be appalling. Forget sufficient performance to ever adequately run Virtual Reality.

However, I really like this Aerofly 2. After seeing Rob's 4k videos my jaw dropped in amazement. Right away I had to get in on this Aerofly2. It's an awesome start as far as I'm concerned.Sure it's a limited coverage area but what's covered is spectacular. Consistent throughout and performance where it should be. 

I only wish they could have covered my Vancouver BC.

Flightsimming now 35 years and really haven't flown much since Star Citizen 2.0 was released as I love what CGI are doing and how their doing it.  :-)

Aerofly2 I hope has this potential, and please don't go overboard and produce a sim that's to far ahead of the hardware.

Cheers

How much of the world does Aerofly 2 cover exactly?

Stan

How much of the world does Aerofly 2 cover exactly?

Stan

All of the world is covered but only certain areas in high resolution. The current high resolution areas are California, Nevada and Arizona. Due to not wanting the download to exceed 30GB, very high resolution only extends for a few miles around any airport, but at users request, Ipacs is scheduling a download with high resolution for the entire coverage area.

They say they are also considering adding in Switzerland, and want to release an SDK for third parties ASAP.

Rob Ainscoughs video: Aerofly FS 2 - KLAX to KLAS - Airbus 320 - 4K 60Hz

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ipacs is scheduling a download with high resolution for the entire coverage area.

They say they are also considering adding in Switzerland, and want to release an SDK for third parties ASAP

I didn't know that, good to know, will contact them.  Apparently the next update will fix some of the VC z-fighting and shadow issues with terrain.

But just in case folks aren't aware, single season hi-res of the entire globe would be 30-40 TB (still compressed).

Cheers, Rob.

But just in case folks aren't aware, single season hi-res of the entire globe would be 30-40 TB (still compressed).

Which is insanity. Much smarter is something like Megascenery does, allowing people to choose areas they are particularly interested in.

Ipacs says they did the entire earth at a resolution suitable to higher altitude flying because they are aware of community fixation (my word) on whole world coverage, and they wanted their product to be taken seriously by developers.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It looks beautiful, but I don't like the "locked spot" external view wavering around, nor do I like the fish-eye view when panning around the VC - hopefully that can be altered.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

But Aerofly still have MUCH to do and I hope they don't get stuck in the "time warp" of snails pace development which would forever put their product in "almost done" state.

Well they are certainly not just sitting on their heels........  :smile:

Aerofly FS 2 High Resolution Texture Pack for Southwestern USA (Over 50 Gigabytes)

JUNE 23 - IPACS AEROFLY

Dear Aerofly users, 

we have just released a free DLC for Aerofly FS 2 that will add higher resolution aerial images to all airports in California, Nevada and Arizona. 

Some background information: The resolution of the aerial images is optimized in such a way that around airports you will see up to 1 meter resolution per pixel, the further away you fly the lower the resolution. 

Please note that we might change this DLC during Early Access by either optimizing the content or adding new stuff. 

We hope you enjoy the new aerial images.

Cessna 172 cold and dark

Hi everyone,

I've made a Cessna mod that makes it possible to kill the engine and restart it in the Cessna. Also you can open doors and turn off the entire electic system. Almost all instruments are now working, too!

Full feature list:

-Flight behavior adjusted

-Working engine stop and restart using the starter key and proper mixture lever position

-Mixture control with mousewheel over the mixture lever

-Mixture cut with too little mixture

-Working warning lights when engine is off: Oil Pressure warning and L VAC R warning

-Animated engine gauges: fuel level, fuel flow, EGT, Oil temperature and pressure, suction, amperemeter

-Entire avionics stack can be set off by turning the avionics masters off

-All electronics and lights can be turned off by setting both master battery and master alternator to off

-COM, NAV, DME, ADF and XPDR can be turned off individually

-COM, NAV and XPDR display test

-XPDR with off, standby, test, on an ALT modes + ident

-Doors and windows can be opened and create drag when opened in flight

-Sunshades can be turned using the mouse wheel

-Yoke can be hidden by clicking on the intersection between the shaft and instrument panel

Here's the free download link on my website:

http://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/download-aeroflyfs2/af2_c172_download

Happy landings,

Jan

Aerofly FS 2 - Switzerland clear.png

Available Jul 2016

This DLC for Aerofly FS 2 feature over 30 of the best known airports of Switzerland, including Zürich, Grenchen, Samedan and Birrfeld. Furthermore this DLC features high resolution aerial images of Switzerland with a resolution of up to 1 meter.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Thank you, I better get busy downloading.

It's getting there guys... this sim is REALLY getting THERE! with me :-)

Is it easy to uninstall too :-)))) ?

Now, jokes apart, I remember I really like the v1 flight dynamics very much, as well as the weather. Believe they've been ported from there, probably without much updates, but if they are at least as good as those in v1, that's great...

I've been twice and a fraction of a second of pushing the buy button, but the Summer months are expensive, ya know.... Anyway, apart from simply using it standalone, even if for the time being I will have to manually control daylight and the weather, I have been thinking of how great it would be to be able to use it as the visuals generator for my Aerowinx PSX 744.... It includes some really nice looking 744 liveries too !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...