Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Forums with my topics taking ages to load

For the last week or so loading the main Forums page that also includes the topics I've participated in is taking a very long time. In excess of 30 secs. I have a fast broadband connection.

This is the URL... http://www.avsim.com/index

In comparison www.avsim.com loads in a few seconds. But this doesn't show the topics I've participated in so is less convenient.

Anyone else noticed this and is there a solution?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nope, no such thing here. You may want to run some malware/AV scanners...

Where is 'here'? Performance can be related to location in the world.

Slow here as well Ray.

Thanks Glynn. Seems to be associated with Europe or GB.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Slow here too!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Slow here too!

We need Forum Repair Man. Where is Chas assuming he's still the chap responsible?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We need Forum Repair Man. Where is Chas assuming he's still the chap responsible?

He's working at a real job 8-10 hours a day and so is our tech.  We are having some other issues too (an AVSIM.com driver error that means there is a problem communicating our database).  I am pretty positive our tech and Chase are upgrading the system as that is the priority and we plan on getting it done even if we have to shutdown AVSIM for a few hours or days to do it.  Our last attempt was unsuccessful.  Hopefully the shutdown (if it occurs) will be painless but we think the upgrade is essential so that we can use the latest technology and provide a better experience for the AVSIM community.   I personally apologize for the slight delay getting AVSIM  to show up.  I have a Verizon FIOS connection and one of the fastest in existence but it doesn't bring AVSIM up instantly like it did a few days ago.  I'll see if our tech or Chase knows what is going on.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the info Jim. Sorry I got Chase's name wrong. :wacko:

I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort put in to keep the forum alive and active. Mine wasn't a complaint, just an observation.

Hope you can sort things soon. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Loading time this morning was inside 5 seconds. :good:  Well done AvSim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Where is 'here'? Performance can be related to location in the world.

Thanks Glynn. Seems to be associated with Europe or GB.

If this is a geographic issue, I can confirm everything is working fine Down Under.

Ian S

38.jpg

Yes, the problem has been fixed.  Not sure what caused it but believe it was because of the database errors we were receiving.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Noticed it too since the beginning of the week, but since solving such problems at my office is part of my ( lausy ) job, I opted for waiting, because I know whate we go through whenever something similar happens and the public starts to complain ....

Great that it has been tracked out and solved!

Good job AVSIM

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Upgrade to the new forum software is near which will bring a lot of cool new features and a sleek (yet familiar) new look.  We are excited to do this, but we are taking our time to make sure it's done correctly the first time.

• Upvote 1