Sign in to follow this  
nojwod

Recording actual videos

Guest scubakobe

Ok, I have been trying many things like screen capture software to take videos of my flying. Usually it slows flight simulator down and makes a sort of frame by frame video. Also, it doesn't record the sound. What program could I use to record video and sound?

I would love to have a good recommendation on that too.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I haven't tried it myself since I've never done any flightsim videos, but I have noticed that many use Fraps that you find here: http://www.fraps.com/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Gordius

FRAPS is the one. Used to make most of those vids you see advertising aircraft that about to come out etc. Depending on your PC spec you will probably have to the sliders to the left and drop screen res though. Check out one of the vids on PSS, Wilco etc and look for the name Stefan Lorenz at the end of the vid that's what he uses. Also go to www.fsclips.com and the forum there before you start.Andrew Brownhttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

If you have a video camera, a video card with video out, and some video editing software it is IMHO the best way to make a video.I use:Sony digital8 camcorderRadeon 9600XT with video out and dual head capabilityPinnacle Studio editing software.Briefly... I use a 3.5mm to RCA adapter which I plug into the speaker outlet of the soundcard (you lose the speakers but it should come out of the camera speaker), and plug into the RCA audio jacks on the camera.I use an S Video cable from the video card to the camera, and set up the camera as a second monitor at 1024x768 (as a television standard). You can also use a standard RCA cable to the RCA video input.FS2004 resolution is 1024x768 to match the above setting. I assume if you set both the monitor and FS2004 resolution to 640x480 or 800x600 it would work as well.Once the connections have been made, with the camera in VCR mode the video and sound appear on the handycam's screenAfter I've recorded a flight from inside and outside I transfer the footage to the hard drive with the firewire connection (some cameras use USB2 or if you need to you can purchase a little box that will convert the video signal to digiotal for the hard drive).Using Studio, (Adobe Premiere Elements or ULead's basic program or even the free version of Avid) I edit the footage as per a normal video edit and save as a WMV at 384 or 768KBps.It's important to keep scenes short. So many videos I've downloaded have long scenes of aircraft taxying for 20-30 secs and so on. Boring!! It's better to have 2 or 3 four second grabs of a taxying run than one long shot. Very few upload type movies can justify being longer than 4-5 minutes, and you'll do yourself and everyone who downloads movies a big favour if you can just keep cutting until you've reached the essence of your subject.If you have any questions you can email me directly here: fsweather at mycanberra dot com dot au.