Sign in to follow this  
Riche

Vpilot Notification

Hi Guys

Not sure if right section for this post so sorry if not. I am wondering if there is anything out there that can notify ( iPhone or iPad ) when you get a contact me or message from vpilot.

Now i know on vatsim they prefer you to stay in front of your flight deck the whole time, just in case a controller does comes online.  

But if you were on a long flight & just being around the house within WiFi distance is there anything out there??.

I thought maybe using a remote app on iPhone to connect to my vpilot PC , i could then see if i get a message, but didn't work very well.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

Cheers

Riche.     :p0504:

I know there are a couple of apps for Android. Search for "VATSIM" at your app store.

I know there are a couple of apps for Android. Search for "VATSIM" at your app stor

None of those Apps are capable of doing what  the OP is requesting as said feature would need to be built into the Vatsim client (e.g. FSINN, SB4 or Vpilot).  Remember, VATSIM gives you a 30 min discretion; so, just check vPilot every 30 min for a message.  Conversely, you can also just disconnect and reconnect when you return to your desk; just make sure you don't reconnect into controlled airspace.  

Your idea is interesting though.... 

Matt King

Thanks Henry

Yep maybe something like this for iPhone would work,

But think a notification of a msg on vpilot to iPhone , if you are within wifi on same network , is what I would like to see.

Because yesterday I did a flight where a controller decided to do extended coverage hence I received a contact me via vpilot, now I do monitor online activity with apps like vatraffic & vatmap which will show you when a controller comes on. I'm no programmer but think it could be a neat feature 😉

Good find, but that program won't do what the OP requested; it simply notifies you when you enter controlled Airspace.  It won't, however, notify you when ATC sends you a private messages.  Again, for the capability, it has to be built into the client.  I'd recommend the OP make a request on the vPilot forum as this is a pretty good idea....

Matt King

Thanks for reply kingm56

Yep have posted over at vpilot forums just waiting too see if anything comes of it , would be great feature.

Cheers

I am glad I am not the only one to want this. I have always imagined a tool that we could use our tablet to control our vatsim CP. For example imagine an FSinn on your Ipad screen that we could use to redirect audio to talk to. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight