Sign in to follow this  

AeroflyFS2 a sim worth supporting!

So I went ahead a bought it in Steam and I have a good first Impression! It seems to me that what the dev. is in the process of doing ins making a bare bones sim with an SDK. Seems to me that this a a 3PD's dream come true!

So just to qualify my remarks I am not simming right now and all my controllers are packed away in boxes, I cannot do any realistic flying in the sim. But I have loaded it up and it really does look fantastic for an early release. It does in fact have the entire globe but most of it is very rough blurred textures. But the entire globe is there! A scenery developers dream! You can create a scenery and it will compare very positively with the default scenery. :Big Grin: As I said in another post Milviz and aerosoft aircraft have already been ported to this sim. 

It doesn't take much imagination to guess what the developer is up to. There is an SDK on the way. My suspicion is that this is a bar bones sim with the hooks or will have the hooks to allow for all the goodies the avid FS enthusiast wants (Eventually, 3PD's Willing)

I encourage you all to take a look at it. Once I dig out my Sidewinder I'll make some videos and upload in this thread.

Good to hear David, I went ahead and bought it but it will be another 24 hours before its finished downloading. (The slowest DSL on the planet I think). Look fwd to seeing your vid, thanks,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I agree to some point. Aerofly FS 2 has incredible potential. It has really good graphics engine, smooth, good performance, good looking. Pretty good flight physics I'm sure, just flight models of particular planes are off. SDK will be ready, and few more thing I hope (ATC, Traffic, complex navigation, etc). We will wait and see.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It does look very pretty, and with an SDK on the way that's got me interested.  :smile:

I'm hoping if they make a 3D gamepack it's not 3ds Max, I can't afford it. 

Barry Friedman

now bear in mind that I currently only have a keyboard and mouse so I just adjusted the throttle to get close to level flight.

I cannot say anything about how it feels but It sure does look good and the performance on my system is 60fps with setting maxed out:

Edit: Honestly I think it looks so much like Prepar3D