Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

what have to tinker with ?

just curious to know what some of you have tried to change that actualy worked as far as scenery goes ...

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I've tried to run my photoscenery without any success. All the folder structure is there, as is the and scenery.cfg.

I would have thought that editing the cfg to include the new scenery would have worked, but no, no difference at all, t yet!

Phil

I ported in a freeware airport with mixed results. The ground textures loaded, but none of the buildings did and from certain angles, there are 2 layers being drawn from the default scenery and the addon airport. I tried to adjust the layers but to no avail. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I'm surprised that any existing FSX scenery files even get loaded. When I compared identically named BGL's with a hex editor, the DTG version had a new magic number in the BGL header. I haven't done any further digging but I'm guessing there are other structure changes to the file formats and there's little hope of porting sceneries until we get the new compilers. Then there's the problem of existing dev tools such as ADE which are based on what's currently known about the BGL format. I hope that DTG will open up and document the binary formats so they can be supported by existing dev tools.

Barry Friedman

thanks for the replys guys .I started this topic just so that everyone can share their findings ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.