Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Novosibirsk to Almaty

Hi,

shots from a flight Novosibirsk - Almaty, with some impressions from Almaty International Airport.

As you may remark, I have choosen a new paint for my plane, as the ex-Rusair stripes were fancy, but the old Aeroflot blue stripe - that is adopted by the new paint - looks still very classic and attractive.

160525%20Tu-134%20UNNT1_zps3k2yjy5j.jpg

160525%20Tu-134%20UNNT2_zps0zjtrjed.jpg

160525%20Tu-134%20UNNT3_zpsw1ubmzro.jpg

Curving north of the Trans-Ili-Ala-Too, a northern Tian-Shan range.

160525%20Tu-134%20UNNT4_zps2fpvgkvy.jpg

160525%20Tu-134%20UNNT5_zpsnbbfjnqe.jpg

As almost always, there are suddenly clouds and dusk (or smog?) around the plane...

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA8_zpsq65mh9ll.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA9_zpsnhkcgruj.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA10_zpswfcdodca.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA15_zpskprki6lw.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA11_zpsbxnvmstv.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA12_zpssxcyfpvc.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA13_zpsrlfmgdjj.jpg

160526%20Tu-134%20UAAA14_zpsb94t353z.jpg

Have fun.

Regards, Harald

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Good fun! I'll have to post a Pirep report for a flight, too! It's much more fun than just doing random screens from a flight. I only did it once when flying for Buffalo VA.

I'm looking forward to your report, Sascha. Most fun is imho the after-flight-walk across the apron. Especially if your AI traffic is quite complete.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Stupendous Harald! Your AI is very nice!. Thank you for sharing and giving me my FS fix.  :Applause:

Custom airports are very special

HLJAMES

Thanks Ed and HLJames!

AI fits airports...

I have to admit that my AI traffic wasn't renewed for some years now. But this proves to be rather positive: there are still many smaller airlines that ceased to exist since, because either they went bankrupt or - particularly in Russia - got absorbed by Aeroflot. In my sim, these small and colourful airlines are still there.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I use the freware MyTraffic (2006?).  I dumped WOAI because of FPS issues, the models are to nice for my old steam-driven PC. I had the freeware SKAI around for a long time after WOAI which was somewhat better but still an FPS hog, and coverage was not perfect.

MyTraffic is pretty good in tht regard if you don't mind inaccuracy regarding liveries and schedules as it's quite dated.

Of course the models mostly look terrible from up close ...

What would you guys recommend for  AI payware-wise?

I can't recommend any AI payware. I used MyTraffic myself, but the models looked really awful, and so I began to replace them with AIA/DJC and later FAIB models. Then I also replaced the flightplans, needing more models... So my AI is is a kind of manufacture work that has grown over the years. I think no payware AI package can provide AI in equal amount and complexity. I'm glad I did this work three or four years ago, as nowadays I never would have the time for it.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Talking AI... this can be either a wonderfully rewarding experience to assemble, or a real PITA (depending on your time commitment, as you mention)

In another thread you mentioned USHH Khanty-Mansiyskn which I installed and found very good indeed.

So far I have cobbled together some Boeings for UTAir but that's all.

Any pointers on further fleshing out the AI flock? 

There isn't so much traffic at USHH. UTAir and Yamal seem to be the two bigger airlines there (I rarely see something other than UTAir). Due to my slightly outdated AI traffic, more Tu-134 than 737.

Flightplans and liveries are mostly from UTT's site in my case.

What is, however, really important for AI traffic in Northern Russia: The Mi-8. I also recommend UTT's model, two versions, with all liveries/flightplans/heliports. This will bring these northern airports really to life.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

You are right, I must get the Mi-8 package at some point!***

Thanks for the reminder. 

Meantime I have found a nice Sukhoi Superjet update for Yamal. 

***EDIT: So the free demo download for this flies around... USHH.

In theory I could repaint the model in Krasavia colours, and have a fully freeware airport!

The UTT Mi-8 (T-Model) was one of my buys with the best price/value ratio. Not speaking of the MT model, which I also own, but it is applied much fewer. I have some threehundreds of repaints for the T-model, flying as nearly thousand AI helicopters in the CIS countries and Georgia.

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

...that was my next question as I had no idea of which one would be the better investment.

Thanks for the insight Harald, and my apologies for sidetracking your very fine pictorial thread!

No problem. These discussions are the real joy.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Great screenies, as always, Harald. In the second shot I recognize a Let 410. Lovely plane, I have flown it it many times

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080