Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Thank you AVG for breaking ultimate traffic 2

Hello,

My Avg antivirus dectected one of the utltimate traffic2 for FSX (utii.dll) as a trojan. It was stored in quanrantine. I restored it but now UT2 no longer works and I get a message telling me that my license is invalid so the program is shut down. I cannot enter my license. I am sure it is a false detection and now my program  is broken.

Try a system restore to see if this helps.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The UT2 Installer saves itself in your C Drive along with any other Flight 1 products you may have,  under "Flight One Software"  Run the Installer again,  Right Click and Install.  

Hello,

My Avg antivirus dectected one of the utltimate traffic2 for FSX (utii.dll) as a trojan. It was stored in quanrantine. I restored it but now UT2 no longer works and I get a message telling me that my license is invalid so the program is shut down. I cannot enter my license. I am sure it is a false detection and now my program  is broken.

Yankeegolf3

Yup this happened to me too....but easily resolved (for me anyway!!)

Restore the dll.....but then you need to add the Ultimate Traffic folder that resides in your FSX (or whatever you named it - mine is:D:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2) folder as an exception in AVG as AVG will continue to prevent the dll from running - hence you get the license invalid message.

To prevent AVG from picking this false positive up:

In AVG, go to Options, then Advanced Settings, then click on Exceptions, and the Add Exception tab - browse to the above folder, then click OK, then click Apply.

This process worked for me - fingers crossed it works for you too.

Good Luck.

Regards

Steve

Hello everyone I'd like to chime in here.  I was considering NOT to install Avg on my new computer that I am going to build solely for doing flight sims..  I have heard a lot of stories about how avg and other security systems have disrupted the program and the ad-ons.   I should be ok without installing any security if i only use the computer for going to flight sim websites right?  I use my laptop for all my general internet surfing. 

Saucey12,

If you only use the computer for FS and visiting trusted websites I wouldn't bother with anti-virus. I removed it from my PC last year and everything is fine.

I do occasionally visit websites like AvSim and the BBC on the FSX PC but generally my browsing is done on a laptop and that has aVast.

Your call but if you are disciplined I would remove AVG and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Saucey12,

If you only use the computer for FS and visiting trusted websites I wouldn't bother with anti-virus. I removed it from my PC last year and everything is fine.

I do occasionally visit websites like AvSim and the BBC on the FSX PC but generally my browsing is done on a laptop and that has aVast.

Your call but if you are disciplined I would remove AVG and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Thank you sir!  Good day!

Completely agree with this view - I removed AVG from my PC about 2 years ago and now only visit trusted FS related websites occasionally, without any problems. Like you, I use a protected laptop for most online work and purchases of FSX payware.

Bill

Completely agree with this view - I removed AVG from my PC about 2 years ago and now only visit trusted FS related websites occasionally, without any problems. Like you, I use a protected laptop for most online work and purchases of FSX payware.

Bill

So could I buy a payware ad-on from my laptop, store it on a flash drive, and then upload it to my master PC that has the flight sim on it?  May seem like a dumb question, but I have been out of the loop on the sim world for ten years now, so you'd hafta bear with me.. 

So could I buy a payware ad-on from my laptop, store it on a flash drive, and then upload it to my master PC that has the flight sim on it?  May seem like a dumb question, but I have been out of the loop on the sim world for ten years now, so you'd hafta bear with me..

Of course. That's how I buy and install all my software. Instead of a USB stick consider creating a network and sharing your Downloads bolder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Of course. That's how I buy and install all my software. Instead of a USB stick consider creating a network and sharing your Downloads bolder.

very good.. how are things in England sir?  Do you do general aviation there or is it out of your budget as it is for me? 

very good.. how are things in England sir?  Do you do general aviation there or is it out of your budget as it is for me?

The EU Referendum is the only thing being discussed here but that is for another place, not here.

I fly Concorde and occasionally the 737-800. GA is too slow for me!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The EU Referendum is the only thing being discussed here but that is for another place, not here.

I fly Concorde and occasionally the 737-800. GA is too slow for me!

Oh yes :)  The 737 is one of the greatest ever American inventions!  Being used all around the world with efficiency!  I love the aircraft.  I am only 35 years old but I have flown on the 737-300 to 800 models here in the states..

And where might you stand on the EU issue?  Do you wish the UK to free itself from the EU? 

So could I buy a payware ad-on from my laptop, store it on a flash drive, and then upload it to my master PC that has the flight sim on it?

Yes, but bear in mind that many developers / vendors require registration or validation of a payware addon before it can be installed. For example, developers like Carenado and Alabeo will require you to register most of their products by going online during installation on the computer on which the product is being installed. Other vendors such as Orbx/FlightSimStore offer the option of either online or offline registration. Offline installation of Flight 1 products is a little more complex, but is still feasible.

Bill