Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Thank you AVG for breaking ultimate traffic 2

Yes, but bear in mind that many developers / vendors require registration or validation of a payware addon before it can be installed. For example, developers like Carenado and Alabeo will require you to register most of their products by going online during installation on the computer on which the product is being installed. Other vendors such as Orbx/FlightSimStore offer the option of either online or offline registration. Offline installation of Flight 1 products is a little more complex, but is still feasible.

Bill

Very good sir I will keep that in mind,  I do not mind doing that, even running naked without virus and malware protection as long as the sites are not vulnerable to things to clog up the wheels. 

just need  to restore  it  from the  quantine   section  from your  avg  settings 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And where might you stand on the EU issue?  Do you wish the UK to free itself from the EU?

This is an aviation forum, not a political one. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yankeegolf3

Yup this happened to me too....but easily resolved (for me anyway!!)

Restore the dll.....but then you need to add the Ultimate Traffic folder that resides in your FSX (or whatever you named it - mine is:D:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2) folder as an exception in AVG as AVG will continue to prevent the dll from running - hence you get the license invalid message.

To prevent AVG from picking this false positive up:

In AVG, go to Options, then Advanced Settings, then click on Exceptions, and the Add Exception tab - browse to the above folder, then click OK, then click Apply.

This process worked for me - fingers crossed it works for you too.

Good Luck.

Regards

Steve

Hello,

Yes I did that and it worked. Thank you. The problem lies with the software key check by the F1 website each time UT is launched. AVG and other antivirus programs detect this check as a trojan intrusion. That is my understanding of this issue.

before doing this work around I disabled AVG and UT worked (with the dll restored beforehand). The xclusion did the trick.

Cheers

This is an aviation forum, not a political one. :wink:

Phew!! :Whew:  Glad you put a stop on that one Ray.  :good:

• Upvote 1

I have just experienced a similar problem with UT2 (once again caused by a false positive from AVG), and making an exception for the Flight One Software folder does indeed appear to have resolved the issue. Thank God for that!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Phew!! :Whew:  Glad you put a stop on that one Ray.  :good:

Yea because some people take it to extremes and rant on and on about it.  

On another note..The rig that you have (in your signature).. What flight sim program do you run? Or do you run more than one?  I am going to be in the process of building my own sometime soon. I plan on using FSX for starters.