Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

New Lockheed Video

write a nice letter thanking them for allowing us to come along for the ride

I like your sentiment (although I suspect it's a little tongue-in-cheek) but I am not thanking a company for allowing me to spend my money with them.  It's not entirely a one way street, while we get a fantastic still developing sim for serious use; LM get a truck load of highly motivated, experienced simmers paying to be testers.  

I think it's fair to say the deal works for both parties at the moment; but be under no illusion, if it serves their purpose to jettison the home users they would absolutely do that.

Ian R Tyldesley

I think it's fair to say the deal works for both parties at the moment; but be under no illusion, if it serves their purpose to jettison the home users they would absolutely do that.

I respect your opinion and yes they would do the same thing that Microsoft did to us if it served their purpose.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Um, that's called business decisions. Mainly made for the good of the business.

A few years ago when LM first released P3D, there was a lot of nay sayers speculating on how long it would be before LM dumped us.

I said it then and I say it again - who cares? I jumped on board V1.4 and haven't looked back - to those who sat on the fence with 1.4 and stayed there - you have NO idea what you missed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If anyone doubts Prepar3d is the premier sim now and in the future is sorely mistaken

Indeed Prepar3d is a great platform, but hardly premier...may I remind you that it is still a 32bit platform and of course if you think about it for 1 sec, it's because of MS FSX, P3D is what it is now, take away all the gazillion ($$$$) addon's available and what do you have left. 

Having said that, I do like P3D even though I don't have it, tried for 30 days but it just did not meet my specifications (no blurries, VAS limit, microstutters) and besides I rather spend my $$$ on my beloved hobby (RC helis) then on a sim, that is why the "other sim" works for me.

...and no I'm not a troll, hopefully one day P3D will go to 64bit, may be then I will give it another try for sure.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

hopefully one day P3D will go to 64bit, may be then I will give it another try for sure.

It is coming but not sure the benefit will be worth the cost of getting all of your favorite addons back up and running - thats the big question so with that said if our current 32bit platform somehow can be optimized how many people will actually switch - for me depends on how much 32bit legacy products can be recompiled and I dont know the answer to that as I have heard both sides stating it can be done and it cant be done easily and not sure who is right 

Rich Sennett

It is coming but not sure the benefit will be worth the cost of getting all of your favorite addons back up and running - thats the big question so with that said if our current 32bit platform somehow can be optimized how many people will actually switch - for me depends on how much 32bit legacy products can be recompiled and I dont know the answer to that as I have heard both sides stating it can be done and it cant be done easily and not sure who is right 

I've tried both X Plane and seen videos of DTG Flight school, and I will keep my 32 bit P3D....

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I've tried both X Plane and seen videos of DTG Flight school, and I will keep my 32 bit P3D....

Well that makes sense to me - not enough bang for the buck maybe

Rich Sennett

It is coming but not sure the benefit will be worth the cost of getting all of your favorite addons back up and running - thats the big question so with that said if our current 32bit platform somehow can be optimized how many people will actually switch  

Completely agree. I even would go so far to believe LM has a 64 Bit version running at home but didn't release it just because of invalidating nearly all present addons. Besides, at lot of folks requiring a 64 bits P3D will be the first ones complaining about having to buy all their addons again - given they will be available at all (think of Vancouver 3+ and the like).

This said, it's my feeling LM will release a 64 bit version either this or at least the following year. DTFS, XP, and AeroflyFS2 are all 64 bit and require new addons anyway, thus we're entering a new situation by the end of this year -  with 32 bit addons fading away pretty soon. There are even voices suggesting not to buy any more 32 bit addons during this year.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Completely agree. I even would go so far to believe LM has a 64 Bit version running at home but didn't release it just because of invalidating nearly all present addons. Besides, at lot of folks requiring a 64 bits P3D will be the first ones complaining about having to buy all their addons again - given they will be available at all (think of Vancouver 3+ and the like).

This said, it's my feeling LM will release a 64 bit version either this or at least the following year. DTFS, XP, and AeroflyFS2 are all 64 bit and require new addons anyway, thus we're entering a new situation by the end of this year -  with 32 bit addons fading away pretty soon. There are even voices suggesting not to buy any more 32 bit addons during this year.

Kind regards, Michael

1+

Rich Sennett

if our current 32bit platform somehow can be optimized how many people will actually switch

If LM somehow finds a way to optimize it even more and as long as the dreaded blurries and microstuttes are gone (I can deal with the VAS limit) I will give it a try once again, I don't really need much from the addon stand point, I will settle for a good weather injector like ASN and a couple of GA planes like the 172 from A2A, for comercial, I have the IXEG for XP which is a beauty to fly and that is all. . 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

If LM somehow finds a way to optimize it even more and as long as the dreaded blurries and microstuttes are gone (I can deal with the VAS limit) I will give it a try once again, I don't really need much from the addon stand point, I will settle for a good weather injector like ASN and a couple of GA planes like the 172 from A2A, for comercial, I have the IXEG for XP which is a beauty to fly and that is all. . 

Not understanding your stutters and blurries I have none of this - you have seen my screenshots right 

Rich Sennett

Indeed Prepar3d is a great platform, but hardly premier...may I remind you that it is still a 32bit platform and of course if you think about it for 1 sec, it's because of MS FSX, P3D is what it is now, take away all the gazillion ($$$$) addon's available and what do you have left. 

Having said that, I do like P3D even though I don't have it, tried for 30 days but it just did not meet my specifications (no blurries, VAS limit, microstutters) and besides I rather spend my $$$ on my beloved hobby (RC helis) then on a sim, that is why the "other sim" works for me.

...and no I'm not a troll, hopefully one day P3D will go to 64bit, may be then I will give it another try for sure.

I use XP (I think you know that, we've discussed stuff before). I really like XP and it being 64bit is crucial as given that I routinely hit 12-14GB of VAS when using HD Mesh. 

But 64bit is only useful if you actually need it within a given environment. For me, with P3D 3.2, I haven't had a single OOM. I use Orbx regions, ASN, A2A planes, REX textures, etc. 

In my case, 64bit is a solution to a problem I don't really have. I.E. OOMs from add ons. 

With that said, I support advancement to 64bit over the long haul. But only if LM actually uses it to improve the engine vs. just being overhead for more add ons. Which means higher LOD and most importantly to me, a much larger autogen radius and higher mesh detail. 

• Upvote 1

yep me too, tried P3D and seen videos from DTG, will keep my 64 bit XP10 and will wait and see what's coming with XP11, it can only get better.

I use XP (I think you know that, we've discussed stuff before). I like XP.

But 64bit is only useful if you actually need it. For me, with P3D 3.2, I haven't had a single OOM. I use Orbx regions, ASN, A2A planes, REX textures, etc. 

For me, 64bit is a solution to a problem I don't actually have. 

With that said, I support advancement to 64bit over the long haul. But I think way too many people are quick to say "but it's not 64bit!!!" without caring what they actually means at the moment. 

1+

Rich Sennett