scandinavian13

Official PMDG DC-6 Livery List [UPDATED]

I believe they were Australian.

Barry Hicks

Yes sir, Australian. My wife was an air hostess for Ansett in the 80's.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Delta Air Lines and Eastern are a must.  I hope to see those soon.

DAL is in the works. Just checked this morning.

Hi,

for those who want absolute accuracy in their liveries: The DC-6B of the Flying Bulls, home-based at Salzburg, Austria (ICAO: LOWS, IATA: SZG), has been re-registered from the US to Austria. The old registration was N996DM, the current one is OE-LDM. (In both regs the final letters "DM" were/are personalised and stand for Dietrich Mateschitz, founder of the Red Bull companies and sponsor of the Flying Bulls.) See www.flyingbulls.at/en/fleet/douglas-dc-6b/

Sigmar (LOWL)

Is there a way for painters to remove the PMDG letters on the yoke hub?  I just find it annoying to see that in the aircraft. 

• Upvote 2

Would LOVE to see a repaint of either TRANSAIR, OstermanAir och Nordair!!! That would be outstanding! You pro-painters out there are so full of skill, so I hope they will come soon!

Best Regards

Per Ståhle

I miss the British Eagle DC-6B in the PMDG operations center. 

Does it exist only for X-Plane? 

11 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

I miss the British Eagle DC-6B in the PMDG operations center. 

Does it exist only for X-Plane? 

It is there under the name Air Atlantique G-APSA.

1 hour ago, kityatyi said:

It is there under the name Air Atlantique G-APSA.

Thanks for the hint, Zsolt. 

However, the original list states DC6A and DC6B, does it not? 

Oh, it *is*/was a passenger version! 

Edited by 19AB67

Yes, I was just checking to get liveries for my just-purchased P3Dv4 and do not see liveries except for X-Plane. Are the P3Dv4 liveries available?

You should be able to select the right version and all liveries should show in the downloads collection. 

May I point out that ZS-MUL, "Empress Of Suva", is actually a passenger model in the real world?

While I do enjoy the simplistic livery in a freighter variant, she has many more windows than what is represented in the PMDG version.

In case you're interested, there's a spectacular video of her on the web making her final landing near Pretoria in 2010.

http://www.dc-6.co.za/45329 ferry flight.htm

I hope it isn't an issue to post a link here. If so, I will remove it. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

If this is the right place for repaint requests, let me put mine in - anyone up for a Flying Tiger Line DC-6A?  They operated seven of them in the early 50's.  Any of them would be a great ride for those of us who don't exactly fit in the mainstream airline world.  Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to take one on.

12 hours ago, Steve Bergeron said:

May I point out that ZS-MUL, "Empress Of Suva", is actually a passenger model in the real world?

While I do enjoy the simplistic livery in a freighter variant, she has many more windows than what is represented in the PMDG version.

In case you're interested, there's a spectacular video of her on the web making her final landing near Pretoria in 2010.

http://www.dc-6.co.za/45329 ferry flight.htm

I hope it isn't an issue to post a link here. If so, I will remove it. Thank you!

Well spotted Steve, it was indeed a passenger model!