Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Nice tweaking guide

Tried the tweak guide, it made the graphics look only a small bit better, bad AA and shimmering are still there, if anyone has any idea how to make the bad AA and awful shimmering go away, I'm listening, right now nothing seems to work, I wouldn't have thought in 2016 a developer would actually go backward 5 yrs in the graphics dept, but by golly DTG has found a way

The FSc cfg don't need tweaks.

The main problem is in the interior shadows. I have been unable of solve the jagged shadows, the best for me has been to include FSc in my FSX adjustments in Nvidia Inspector. 

This same problem I have in X-plane all ok but the shadows.

Tried the tweak guide, it made the graphics look only a small bit better, bad AA and shimmering are still there, if anyone has any idea how to make the bad AA and awful shimmering go away, I'm listening, right now nothing seems to work, I wouldn't have thought in 2016 a developer would actually go backward 5 yrs in the graphics dept, but by golly DTG has found a way

What this reminds me of is complaints I heard in the first versions of P3D. If DTG is following a similar learning curve,and if Flight School is in any way indicative,  we might have quite a wait until DTG sim catches up to P3D.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The main problem is in the interior shadows. I have been unable of solve the jagged shadows, the best for me has been to include FSc in my FSX adjustments in Nvidia Inspector.

This same problem I have in X-plane all ok but the shadows.

I don't think there is a fix for the jagged edges of the VC shadows.  The FSX DX10 fixer VC shadows have the same problem, as does the combat flight sim IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, which is a contemporary and well supported title.  The DX10 Fixer solved the problem with missing shadows at connecting surfaces, such at the base of the struts in the VC of the Cub.  I was surprised DTG didn't get that right.

It's a bummer that it take 4x supersampled transparency GSAA to knock down jaggies, though I also use that setting for DX10 FSX.  All I can say is that DTG has a ways to go in polishing their rendering engine.  MS Flight, which was free, was vastly superior visually when released as compared to DTG Flight School.  Also, the cloud rendering in Flight School is laughably bad, and their haze effect renders distant horizons as looking like sleazy 2D cardboard cut outs (but hey, this is a casual $15 game...right?).  All this makes my FSX install ($300+) look like a dream when I switch back to it after a flight in Flight School.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

The NVidiaInspector adjustment: 

Antialiasing: "Enhance Application", in my case improves a little bit, Antialiasing setting: 2x is great improvement runway lines OK (shadows excluded) runway lines OK, but generates a light square shadow on the left windshield of the Cherokee, and after take off there are like reflections on trees ad buildings and a gigantic shadow of the plane, not artifacts, very annoying. Same for the Cub

Intel i7@ 2.8 GHz

GTX660

8Gb memory

2x1Tb HDD

Other sims run well, with adjustments in accordance with the PC

For me no need of tweaking anything. Works perfect and no issues at all. Just hope they build their Flight SIm faster.

• Upvote 1

My%20Signature.jpg